California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please note: this is not a thread for debate about vaccination or cervical cancer, but rather to give a praise report.

Congress designated January as Cervical Health Awareness Month in the United States to raise awareness about the disease and the importance of vaccination and early detection. It's already February in Australia, but in my time zone there's an hour left of January, and I want to spend some of it praising Australia for the fantastic progress they've made with steadily working towards eliminating this potentially fatal and devastating disease. I'm passionate about public health and have been discouraged and dismayed this week by the state of emergency declared in Washington due to measles outbreaks that have been fueled by the propagation of anti-vaccination misinformation, and the outbreaks afflicting other areas in developed countries. The World Health Organization has listed vaccine hesitancy (the reluctance or refusal to vaccinate despite the availability of vaccine) as one of the top threats to global health in 2019 because it threatens to reverse progress made in tackling vaccine-preventable diseases. I don't want to end this month on a note of pessimism about the present ordeals and concerns, though, but praise for what has been accomplished and optimism for what could be achieved in the future.

Australia is on Track to Eliminate Cervical Cancer
A new study predicts that by 2028, there will be fewer than four new cervical cancer cases per 100,000 Australian women

Well done, Australia!