DeSantis forms panel to 'counter' CDC information, asks for grand jury to investigate vaccine “crimes and wrongdoing”

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Desantis gets his grand jury.

The Florida Supreme Court has approved Gov. Ron DeSantis’ petition to, and now ordered the state to, empanel a grand jury with the purpose of investigating alleged harms from the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines produced by Pfizer and Moderna.

In addition to the petition for a grand jury, DeSantis announced the creation of a new health advisory committee in the state, called the Public Health Integrity Committee, to be led by Ladapo, with board members to include:
  • Jay Bhattacharya, MD, PhD lockdown opposer
  • Martin Kuldorff, PhD lockdown opposer
  • Tracy Beth Høeg, MD, PhD COVID vaccine opposer
  • Joseph Fraiman, MD unvaccinated lockdown opposer
  • Christine Stabell Benn, MD, PhD vaccine questioner
  • Bret Weinstein, PhD unvaccinated ivermectin proponent
  • Steven Templeton, PhD "Children are so low risk," Templeton said, "that they shouldn't be quarantined at all."
Just a random assortment of unbiased medical experts.
A cruise ship in Asia left port. By the end of the cruise, many people wer sick and 15 people later died of COVID-19. Not your typical cruise excursion. This became the deadliest epidemic since the Spanish Flu H1N1 contagion of 1918. Over 6 million died of COVID. Many who died at home were not tested, may have died of COVID. My barber died of viral pneumonia during the pandemic before vaccinations were approved.

The vaccines were proven effective. After the mass vaccinations, people realized they were likely protected from fatal illness. There was a reopening restaurants, public places etc. The economy recovered. The deadly strain eventually morphed into a less lethal strain. Am not sure what DeSantis’ kangaroo court will prove.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A cruise ship in Asia left port. By the end of the cruise, many people wer sick and 15 people later died of COVID-19. Not your typical cruise excursion. This became the deadliest epidemic since the Spanish Flu H1N1 contagion of 1918. Over 6 million died of COVID. Many who died at home were not tested, may have died of COVID. My barber died of viral pneumonia during the pandemic before vaccinations were approved.

The vaccines were proven effective. After the mass vaccinations, people realized they were likely protected from fatal illness. There was a reopening restaurants, public places etc. The economy recovered. The deadly strain eventually morphed into a less lethal strain. Am not sure what DeSantis’ kangaroo court will prove.
And yet, only about 36% of people, including those over 65, have taken the bivalent booster. Although it may not keep people from catching covid, it does prevent serious illness and, importantly, death.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

DeSantis forms panel to counter CDC, a move decried by health professionals

The governor said the new public health committee will be led by Ladapo, who has recommended against vaccinating children for covid and questioned the efficacy of the vaccines for anyone but the elderly.

Ladapo ... said the state would work with the University of Florida to study autopsy results in cases of “sudden deaths of individuals that received the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida.”

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — U.S. health agencies have sent a letter to Florida's surgeon general, warning him that his claims about COVID-19 vaccine risks are harmful to the public.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of vaccine risks, Health Minister of Germany, Karl Lautherbach, granted an interview yesterday speaking of vaccine injuries. Below is the entire transcript of that interview translated to English. It would seem that Florida isn't the only place concerned about COVID vaccines and the vaccine-injured.

TLDR: Health Minister in Germany confirms that as many as 1 in 10,000 people have been "seriously" injured by COVID vaccines in Germany.

Christian Sievers of the ZDF Heute Journal (henceforth S): The Federal Minister of Health is with us. Many thanks and good evening, Mr Lauterbach.
Karl Lauterbach (hereafter L): Good evening, Mr Sievers.
S: What do you say to those who have been affected [by vaccine injuries]?
L: First of all, what’s happened to these people is absolutely dismaying, and every single case is one too many. I honestly feel very sorry for these people. There are severe disabilities, and some of them will be permanent. So it’s hard. What we do as a state is that the health insurance companies pay the treatment costs, and, well, the federal states bear the support costs, if support is necessary. But in fact we have problems on both sides, because we don’t yet have the drugs for treating them. These are being feverishly researched. The entitlement to benefits is also often very bureaucratically tied-up. So I really do understand the people who are complaining here.
S : Now you’re making it sound like everything is settled. But when you talk to these people, you hear exactly the opposite. A year of fighting, being turned away again and again – many officials simply don’t believe them, sometimes they never get an answer at all, and then after running the gauntlet to get their vaccine injuries recognised, all they receive is a small sum. That can’t be all the state has to offer these people right now, can it?
L: Absolutely not, and I don’t want to give that impression, because that’s not how I see things. These cases must be more quickly recognised, these vaccine injuries, and we’re now slowly getting a clearer picture. But I should also point out, just so I don’t leave a false impression: severe vaccine injuries happen in less than 1 in 10,000 vaccinations, according to the Paul Ehrlich Institute or the European licensing authorities. So it’s not that common. But because our understanding of these injuries is getting clearer and clearer, it should also be possible in future to identify those who are affected more quickly, so that we can get them quicker help.
S: Why did you, Mr Lauterbach, still claim in the summer of 2021 that the vaccines had no side effects?
L: Well, that was an exaggeration that I once made in a misguided tweet. But it wasn’t fundamentally my position. I had already commented very, very often on the side effects of vaccinations. For example, I ...
S: But you often said afterwards that there were hardly any or practically no [side effects. You said this again on the [television talkshow] Anne Will. So, you’ve always given the impression that side effects aren’t really an issue at all.
L: Well, that’s not right, as I just said. I was aware of the figures at the time, and they’ve remained relatively stable. These vaccines have been used worldwide, 1 in 10,000 [are injured], so you can say it’s a lot, or you can say it’s not so many. But the vaccine really does protect against serious illness and, by the way, very often also reduces the risk of Long Covid. This is similar to what we’re talking about here, with the Post-Vac syndrome, so the vaccinations – there’s an outweighing benefit, but it’s true, 1 in 10,000 is the frequency of serious side effects.
S: Now the first lawsuits are pending against BioNTech, and also against other vaccine manufacturers. What do you think that’ll go?
L: I can't speculate, that’s not my job. As minister I have to be careful. It’s true that within the framework of these EU contracts, the companies were largely exempted from liability and that the liability therefore lies with the German state, so to speak, as just described, with the federal states … but the most important thing is, looking ahead, we need treatments, and I’ll therefore set up a programme with the Ministry of Health, where we’ll investigate the consequences of Long Covid, and also Post-Vac syndrome, where we’ll look into this and improve care. That’s a contribution we can make.
S: When will this happen, in concrete terms? It’s precisely these affected people who are suffering all these delays, who want to know.
L: That’s true, but I’m negotiating with the budget committee, and indeed it’s a programme I’d like to launch as soon as possible, and I’m in budget negotiations for this money. So it’s something that we also have to bring to frutition, it’s an obligation, and it would network the experts in this field in such a way that the probability of good therapy in Germany would grow.
S: Now, you just mentioned the liability waiver for pharmaceutical companies. It means that the pharmaceuticals can, so to speak, relax in all these lawsuits, because the state has assumed the risk. So it’s the state - that is, you, the federal government - that has to answer for any damages claims that may arise. Does you feel good about that?
L: What does feeling good mean? First of all, I didn’t negotiate the contracts; as far as my office is concerned, I inherited them, and I believe that it was due to the situation at that time that people wanted to get the vaccines as quickly as possible, and so the state assumed liability. Maybe that was the right thing to do, because it’s better for the state to be liable than to have to go through long settlements or lawsuits with companies.
S: But we’ve just seen how difficult it is to actually get money from the state. What do you think will happen now? Do you think that in view of the situation, for example, pharmaceuticals could voluntarily put money into a foundation? Would that be an idea if they don’t have any liability?
L: It would definitely be a good idea if companies would show a willingness to help out here, because the profits have been exorbitant – exorbitant profits. So that wouldn’t just be a good gesture, we should expect it. But you ask me, what will next? I’d say the optimistic scenario is that we finally learn how to deal with Long Covid and Post-Vac, how we can manage that, and that we moreover recognise case fasterdo that people don’t have to wait so long to be recognised as having Post-Vac syndrome in the first place.
S: That’s a promise from the Federal Minister of Health, Karl Lauterbach. Thank you very much for the interview this evening.
L: Thank you.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Turning to the US, you can view the V-Safe data from the CDC in a convenient Power BI dashboard at this link.

V-Safe Data - ICAN - Informed Consent Action Network

Don't want to click the link? Allow me to summarize. There are 10,108,273 users in the database. Of those, 782,913 (7.8%) felt badly enough that they sought medical care after receiving a COVID vaccine. For those of you keeping score, that's about 1 in 13.

Keep in mind, this isn't VAERS. This is V-Safe, a program that the CDC specifically launched for people who CHOSE to get the COVID vaccine to track adverse events. So the people reporting this data made the decision to be vaccinated and likely were very much in favor of the vaccines. Yet the data shows an alarmingly high number of people who sought medical care. After receiving the COVID vaccine:
  • 363,030 people went to urgent care.
  • 113,045 people went to the ER.
  • 71,928 people ended up hospitalized.
It's worth noting that the only reason that the above data is available for you to view in the Power BI dashboard is because the CDC was sued TWICE before being court-ordered to release the data. Seems odd that the CDC would fight so hard against releasing this data. I mean, I thought transparency was a good thing?

Some countries have stopped giving COVID vaccines to anyone under the age of 50, citing that the benefits no longer outweigh the potential harms.

This stands in direct opposition to what the FDA and CDC letter linked above is saying. They state unequivocally and without exception that the benefits of COVID vaccines and boosters ALWAYS outweigh the risks for anyone at any age. That's simply not true, and citing their own eminently flawed journal MMWR to make the case is not very convincing. I suspect that Florida's Surgeon General will file this letter in the trash where it belongs.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
TLDR: Health Minister in Germany confirms that as many as [no actually he said "less than"] 1 in 10,000 people have been "seriously" injured by COVID vaccines in Germany.

And roughly 20 in 10,000 people in Germany are dead of COVID-19.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And roughly 20 in 10,000 people in Germany are dead of COVID-19.

What is the actual rate of death for COVID in Germany? Well, like everywhere else, the risk is age-stratified.

So let's look at Germany's demographics. Here is the population breakdown as of December 2021

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 8.37.17 PM.png

Now, let's look at the number of deaths in those age brackets. From Statista, updated February 2023.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 8.34.06 PM.png

It's very easy to see a pronounced age gradient in COVID deaths in Germany. And now with the total population and number of deaths in each age group, we can calculate the actual risk by age group.

Since the breakdowns in age groupings aren't the same, we'll look at the risk to 0-59 year olds combined.

0-59 Population: 35,740,000
0-59 COVID deaths: 8,656
Combined death rate: 0.024%, or about 2.4 in 10,000.

Now keep in mind, this is combining the risk of a 5 year old with the risk of a 59-year old which are VASTLY different, and we STILL only come up with 2 in 10,000, which is a far cry from the claimed 20 in 10,000.

Let's look at the US data, since we can do an apples to apples comparisons on age groups.

Here we can see deaths by age group in the US.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 8.49.34 PM.png

Let's start with our youngest demographic, 0-4 year olds. According to this data, 0-4 year olds make up 6% of the US population. Unfortunately, the CDC doesn't tell us what number they're using for the US population, so I'll use Google's number of 331.9 million people.

Therefore, 6% of 331,900,000 is 19,914,000 0-4 year olds, and the CDC reports that there have been 718 deaths in that age group. So the death rate from COVID in that age group is around 0.004%, or about 1 in 27,735.

Using that same methodology, here are the rates for each age group, according to the CDC data referenced above.
  • 0-4 year olds - 1 in 27,735
  • 5-11 year olds - 1 in 54,688
  • 12-15 year olds - 1 in 32,996
  • 18-29 year olds - 1 in 7,943
  • 30-39 year olds - 1 in 2,664
  • 40-49 year olds - 1 in 1,070
  • 50-64 year olds - 1 in 381
  • 65-74 year olds - 1 in 150
  • 75-84 year olds - 1 in 65
  • 85+ year olds - 1 in 26
Now I could be dishonest, and say that because there have been over a million deaths in the US, the risk of dying from COVID is around 1 in 300 for everyone. But that's not even remotely close to true.

And that's the point. Vaccination recommendations and risk/benefit is orders of magnitude different depending on your age, yet the CDC and the FDA absolutely refuse to make age-appropriate recommendations, instead saying that for all ages, benefits ALWYAS outweigh the risks. But if we believe that the incident rate of "severe" complications from COVID vaccination is anywhere near 1 in 10,000, you can see that the risks of vaccination are as much as 5.5x HIGHER for young people than COVID itself.

This is what informed consent looks like. Honesty assessing risk/benefit. Thoughtfully considering how a 16-year old male athlete is different in many ways from an 85-year old grandma. Different vaccine recommendations for different ages (which is what many countries are doing now) always made sense as opposed to the one-size-fits-all approach that the US has taken.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Now keep in mind, this is combining the risk of a 5 year old with the risk of a 59-year old which are VASTLY different, and we STILL only come up with 2 in 10,000, which is a far cry from the claimed 20 in 10,000.

Well, it helps that you discarded everyone 60 and up as though their deaths don't matter.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it helps that you discarded everyone 60 and up as though their deaths don't matter.

Um, no. What an incredibly dishonest and insulting thing to say.

What I'm showing is that the risk is vastly different for different age groups, and therefore a one-size-fits-all recommendation for vaccines, which carry their own risks, is not prudent. The risk/benefit calculation is very different for a teenager than it is for an 80-year old. This has ALWAYS been true and it has ALWAYS been known. So the FDA and CDC are blatantly lying when they say the benefits outweigh the risks in all age groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — U.S. health agencies have sent a letter to Florida's surgeon general, warning him that his claims about COVID-19 vaccine risks are harmful to the public.

I think we already knew the general facts of the matter, but I think it's new that the contradictory data was actually in the draft report, but removed in the final version.

Florida health officials removed key data from COVID vaccine report

The surgeon general’s guidance against the vaccine for young men ignored results showing infection was a greater risk for cardiac-related deaths.

Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo announced in October that young men should not get the COVID-19 vaccine, guidance that runs counter to medical advice issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

His recommendation was based on a state analysis that showed the risk of cardiac-related deaths increased significantly for some age groups after receiving a vaccine. It has been criticized by experts, including professors and epidemiologists at the University of Florida, where Ladapo is employed as a professor.

Now, draft versions of the analysis obtained by the Tampa Bay Times show that this recommendation was made despite the state having contradictory data. It showed that catching COVID-19 could increase the chances of a cardiac-related death much more than getting the vaccine.

That data was included in an earlier version of the state’s analysis but was missing from the final version compiled and posted online by the Florida Department of Health.

“This is a grave violation of research integrity,” [infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida Matt] Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”

Ladapo declined to answer specific questions about why the data showing the higher risk to Floridians from infection was removed.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The same University of Florida that tried to prevent its professors from testifying in the voting rights lawsuit...will their employment be tied to how much their findings support the governor's agenda?

In other news, Florida is changing state rules on tenure.

CRT is targeted, but who's to say that covid/vaccine research won't also be controlled.

If research methods are compromised....if peer review processes are corrupt....it's a good idea to double check.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet, only about 36% of people, including those over 65, have taken the bivalent booster. Although it may not keep people from catching covid, it does prevent serious illness and, importantly, death.

Any long term studies on multiple mrna vaccines in the same subject? Any long term studies on bivalent boosters?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“This is a grave violation of research integrity,”

Oh, the irony of this statement, given all of the confounded, garbage "science" that has been praised all throughout this pandemic.

Let's take just one egregious example by the CDC.

In February 2022, the CDC's eminently flawed MMWR reported that wearing a mask could reduce your chance of infection by a whopping 83%! They were so excited by this finding, they published the results in an infographic for easy sharing on social media.

mm7106e1_MaskingEffectiveness_IMAGE_04Feb22_1200x675_1-2.jpg

Not withstanding that the graphic footnote indicates that these results were "Not statistically significant", it's interesting to read how this "study" was conducted.
Potential case-participants were randomly selected from among all persons who received a positive test result during the previous 48 hours and were invited to participate by telephone.
After obtaining informed consent from participants, interviewers administered a telephone questionnaire in English or Spanish. All participants were asked to indicate whether they had been in indoor public settings (e.g., retail stores, restaurants or bars, recreational facilities, public transit, salons, movie theaters, worship services, schools, or museums) in the 14 days preceding testing and whether they wore a face mask or respirator all, most, some, or none of the time in those settings.

That's right folks. The CDC conducted a PHONE INTERVIEW (which is about one half step higher than a random Internet survey in terms of quality of responses) of 1,828 people, of which only 534 reported which type of mask they wore, and which resulted in data that was "not statically significant". Bonus points to anyone who can point out the multiple confounders evident in this shoddy methodology".

Yet this "study" was propped up by public health "experts". No one was saying how this was a "grave violation of research integrity", despite the fact that this "study" would have been laughed out of a fourth-grade science fair. So you'll forgive me if I don't listen to the hypocrisy of those who embraced shoddy science all throughout the pandemic now suddenly pretending like they care about "research integrity".

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If research methods are compromised....if peer review processes are corrupt....it's a good idea to double check.
Trying to prevent the professors from testifying in court has nothing to do with double checking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know.

As far as I know....no, there isn't. It's possible other mrna vaccines have been created for....cattle or something....but I don't know of any and it's unlikely that any long term results would be transferable to humans.

And that's the troubling part to me. Medical science in general is a series of discoveries and potential treatments and cures....that even when they show promise, they typically go horribly wrong multiple times and require multiple refinements before they are something reliably successful.

You can really say this holds true for 90+% of what we consider effective or even just good treatment today. Look at the history of organ transplants and blood transfusions. The processes for doing these things were well known and the top medical professionals of their day could do a blood transfusion or transplant an organ successfully....but they didn't really understand why it worked so rarely and failed to work so often. Then blood types were discovered. It's easy to take for granted all the people who died on the long road to figuring that out. Traditional vaccines followed a similar route....but eventually vaccines like MMR and polio were so reliable that polio was effectively wiped out and MMR vaccines have dramatically reduced infant mortality. It's not something that they got correct the first try though....but rather, many people were killed or crippled along the way.

The mrna vaccine is a fundamentally different type of vaccine. This is, to my knowledge, the first one used on people en masse....and it was given emergency clearance to allow it to bypass the long term effects.

Even if I didn't believe that it was made in a lab, and I was unaware of who profited from it....politicians and scientists and businesses alike....and I wasn't already aware of the many times data on treatments was literally falsified or omitted for profit....

Those two facts alone....the history of medical science advancements and the lack of any long term studies on a new treatment for people....would be enough to create a very real and very valid concern.

Upvote 0