United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh my gosh!

I love, love, love this dress. Reminds me of a late 40's style. I might have to order this one.

4205.jpg

Ariana [Style #4205] - $49.99 : Mikarose,, ~ Modest Dresses ~ Modest Apparel ~ Modest Clothing ~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't see what's particularly modest about the two dresses that have been shown on this thread. They are perfectly normal, lovely Euro-chic pieces such as any "secular" classy lady would wear. One is even sleeveless.... By the way, what's wrong with the colour? I think it's its best feature!

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should modest dressing not look 'normal' ? *L* I believe part of modest clothing is that it should not be like wearing a billboard that says 'look how modest I am'. I do not want to atract attention to 'look how modest she is dressed' I just don't want to dress in a way that is designed to provoke lust. And most of the time, with a little bit of searching, that is pretty easy to find in mainstream shops.
I try to wear things that are beautiful but keep to certain standards, not more than two fingers above the knee, no bare shoulders, and I am trying to avoid cleavage. With some dresses that means wearing a little camisole underneath.

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Eva. I don't see anything immodest about the dresses posted. They are beautiful without showing off thighs, breasts, etc. I'm always happy to see dresses that aren't strapless, or have very thin straps as I want to have my shoulders and upper arms covered.

I would love nothing more than to see those type of dresses become the new fad. It would make it easier for me to find them, and it would be a lot more women dressing modestly :)

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Funny. I've never in my life worn dresses that showed more skin than these (reason: fat upper arms and thighs, not modesty!), but I have never noticed any problem with finding clothes like these, in any shop, in Europe or in the US. Have clothing styles changed so much in the US these last ten years?

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Funny. I've never in my life worn dresses that showed more skin than these (reason: fat upper arms and thighs, not modesty!), but I have never noticed any problem with finding clothes like these, in any shop, in Europe or in the US. Have clothing styles changed so much in the US these last ten years?

For me, I have the most trouble finding dresses. Most dresses made here have no straps/sleeves or thin straps. That's an easy fix as I can just put a cardigan over thinner straps. The two other biggest problems are length and neck length. I don't want to show cleavage so if I can fit a cammi underneath I do that, but I prefer to find neck lengths that don't need something underneath to keep the dress modest. And, finally dress length. I don't like dresses that go above my knees, and since I'm 5 foot 8 even dresses that are meant to go to the knee on average height girls will be too short for me.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can explain him that they're not formal, but just a girly thing? Of course chose a non formal dress when you do that! *L* I wear dresses and skirts about 90 percent of the time, not out of any special conviction other than that I like them.

I never do wear formal dresses. Besides I only own one dress and its a blue Jersey Dress. Perfectly casual.

But he still hates dresses ah well. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Colleen, sounds like you need to learn to sew! (Actually, you already do, don't you?) Dresses are easy - I've never tried, except for my daughter when she was small, but my grandmother and mother whipped up lots of summer dresses for themselves and me back in the 50s and 60s. They used incredibly chic fabrics (we were living in Rome, so the choice was fabulous!) and the results were very elegant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.