Atorney General Jeff Sessions Orders Investigation of Obama Protecting Hezbollah Drug Runners

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My question, exactly what are they investigating? Haven't we learned under Trump, that the President is in charge of law enforcement and, if he gives orders to law enforcement, those orders are automatically legal since he is the boss?

On a more serious note, while it is great for a soundbite to make Democrats look bad, I'm not sure what an investigation is going to do. From the description, so far, it doesn't sound as if any laws were broken by the Obama administration to accomplish this. Am I missing something? What is the purpose of the investigation, what do they hope to accomplish, outside of embarrassing Obama and the Democrats?
Isn't that enough to campaign on in 2018?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
During the negotiations, early on, [the Iranians] said listen, we need you to lay off Hezbollah, to tamp down the pressure on them, and the Obama administration acquiesced to that request," a former CIA officer told Politico. "It was a strategic decision to show good faith toward the Iranians in terms of reaching an agreement."

DEA agents found evidence of cooperation between Hezbollah, Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, and the highest level officials of the Syrian, Russian, and Venezuelan governments, according to the report.
A massive investigation accuses Obama of laying off a terror group for the Iran deal — and the reaction is split

This should be interesting.

Unfortunately, these tactics of "backing off" certain groups as a means of bargaining (to keep other parties, that you're trying to negotiate with, happy) isn't anything out of the ordinary...it's just concealed from the public in most cases.

The US has had a history of backing one questionable group over another, or working one undesirable group to try to squash a common enemy without getting blood on our own hands.

Reagan got in a bit of trouble for doing that with the whole Iran-Contra deal.

The CIA under Bush 1 and Clinton had a track record of backing one cartel over another in the name of "creating regional stability".

...in other words, Sessions can investigate this if he'd like, and he'll probably find some unfortunate truths...but it's unlikely anything will ever come of it as nearly every president since the 60's has engaged in this sort of thing (or at least known about it and did nothing while it was happening under their watch) and none have gotten so much as a slap on the wrist.

However, I suspect the reason for going after Obama, specifically, in this case has less to do with blind justice, and has more to do with petty partisanship and appealing to the crowd that gets all revved up at the idea of certain political rivals getting locked up...just a hunch.

If it was really about "Blind Justice" and "swamp draining" and "exposing the activities of the political elite with respect to exposing the unscrupulous tactics involved with international negotiations", then Sessions should be investigating dozens of people on both sides of the spectrum...and not just the one particular guy who Trump's fan base has a special hatred for.

Upvote 0