Atheists Overreach ... Why do they do that?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok....

Atheism = lack of a belief in god.

You're asking me about morality? I can give you an answer if you want, but it won't have anything to do with atheism.

So you don't believe that there are any morals/ethics apart from belief in God?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Was the sound on? :D

Yup.

Not every thread is about the truth of atheism.

Yet you still fail to explain what this thread is about lol.

Look...I'm not going to play "guess what Zippy thinks the thread is about"...because frankly, I don't care. If you don't want to bother with explaining what you think it's about....don't. We're done talking.

If you want to continue our conversation, then explain what you think it's about.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you don't want to bother with explaining what you think it's about....don't.

The first page of this thread explains fairly clearly what the thread is about.

We're done talking.

If you can't read a few posts, listen to a few minutes of video, or properly characterize Smith's points, then I am happy to part ways. :oldthumbsup:

Enjoy your derailing!

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let me help you with this:

Scenario:

200 years from now,the world is united in one happy and bubbly global village. All those imposing religions have been done away with...or maybe they've just been relegated to the texts of higher learning for explanatory purposes...or whatever. Now, the news has just announced that the majority of the population has just approved and is pushing for the minority of the populace to be systematically eradicated. In this post religious world, where belief in God has sunk to maybe 5% of the population, you find yourself in the minority. What will you appeal to in an attempt to preserve your life...or perhaps the lives of any others you may care for?

Since I happen to like diversity I would argue that so long as that group intends no harm to me or others that having their opinion spoken for others to hear provides richness to my life, even if their words are bitter to me.

Atheism itself does not lead to my conclusions, but it does give a blank slate which does not despise large portions of the population.

And everything you speak of has already happened to religious minorities without any involvement by atheists. It seems to be an all too common thing whenever any religion get to be a substantial majority, far less than 95% needed.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, on what basis would you

I dunno.....I can't really explain what moral framework I would invent for a situation I've never been in.

Can you really not follow this conversation?

You said that you can "find evidence for anything" which is an absurd statement because it completely contradicts the meaning of evidence.

For example if I can find a lot of evidence that I wasn't shot in the foot by a 9mm 5 minutes ago...then I logically cannot find evidence that I was shot in the foot by a 9mm 5 minutes ago.

It just seems like you don't understand what evidence is.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I dunno.....I can't really explain what moral framework I would invent for a situation I've never been in.

Maybe you can incorporate photosynthesis as a metaphor for life.

You said that you can "find evidence for anything" which is an absurd statement because it completely contradicts the meaning of evidence.

For example if I can find a lot of evidence that I wasn't shot in the foot by a 9mm 5 minutes ago...then I logically cannot find evidence that I was shot in the foot by a 9mm 5 minutes ago.

It just seems like you don't understand what evidence is.

You forgot the part where I said "you set your mind to"...better yet...use your imagination!

*I know what evidence is...it is evident...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can incorporate photosynthesis as a metaphor for life.

You haven't really told me anything about this world 200 years from now....so I don't really know what to expect from it.

You forgot the part where I said "If you put your mind to it"...better yet...use your imagination!

Evidence can't be imagined. On the upside though...you've confirmed my suspicions about your inability to understand what evidence is.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sure....I'd tell everyone that I have superpowers that keep the sun from burning out and if they kill me, the sun will burn out.

What about the others?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Evidence can't be imagined. On the upside though...you've confirmed my suspicions about your inability to understand what evidence is.

Sure it can, and it can be fabricated and manipulated and created.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Since I happen to like diversity I would argue that so long as that group intends no harm to me or others that having their opinion spoken for others to hear provides richness to my life, even if their words are bitter to me.

Atheism itself does not lead to my conclusions, but it does give a blank slate which does not despise large portions of the population.

And everything you speak of has already happened to religious minorities without any involvement by atheists. It seems to be an all too common thing whenever any religion get to be a substantial majority, far less than 95% needed.

Maybe I wasn't clear. In the scenario, you are in the minority, but not necessarily apart of the 5%...so, you're an atheist. The question is concerning what you would use as an argument to prevent the consensus from carrying out their desire.

*Having no Revelation to appeal to...what then?

Upvote 0