Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Finally, my life is so much better now that I am free from the bonds of Christianity and I want to share that with others. I want you to be happy. Trust me, I don't believe in your god and I'm not scared about what happens when I die.
Please remove the Baptist faith icon. It's disingenuous.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tons of evidence, but no proof within the natural sciences.
But that's obvious since God is not approachable by the natural sciences, but atheists / naturalists believe there's nothing beyond the realm of the natural sciences.
So are atheists right then?
For themselves they are right perhaps, when they say there is no proof of God's existence.
None the less, a little brain activity around the question of the origins of the 'natural' will lead to a supernatural cause, because things can't cause themselves, let alone very complex things.
And that's why Scripture reads there is no excuse, for the creation is "fearfully made".

Upvote 0

Spookydawg77

Aug 15, 2017
Leitchfield
✟16,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I begin I just want to specify that I am a believer in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I believe someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord to God's glory. I also not only believe Jesus Christ but I also believe he is God in the flesh as mention in John (you know the passage that says the word was with God and the word is God, and the word became flesh). I do not believe I am saved though. I have surrendered to Jesus but I still sin. And it seems impossible to stop sinning. But I have committed my life to Jesus. But I still don't believe I am saved. I don't know if my motivations are acceptable to God or not. And I know if I will consistently obey Christ. I tend not be consistent. My flesh sometimes takes over. But my desire is to follow Christ and to live for him.

But one thing I notice is that the atheists are right about not having proof of the existence of God. So do we keep arguing with them? We don't have proof.

Our logics are different. For example, it doesn't make sense to me to say the world began by itself, but to an atheist it may make sense.

So, why do we keep arguing with them, and why do believers keep saying there's proof?

Why do I believe? Because I believe my parents, and I believe in the Biblical history, and I saw healing occur in the name of Jesus, I saw my sister get filled with the Holy Spirit, I saw the fruit in my parents lives and I don't believe they will lie about their experiences.

But me saying that I witness these events does not prove anything to atheists. It will be like saying I saw Santa Clause going down the chimney. So why don't we believers admit you are right we don't have proof?

Isn't God's job to prove himself to the unbelieving world? Paul said that he did not use man's wisdom to preach the gospel, but he did it by the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. If God does not give us the power to heal the sick or raise the dead, or any other power like he did the apostles, then how would we prove the existence of God?

And if we did possess the power to heal the sick, wouldn't atheists believe in God?

ANSWER:

Is there any proof that God exists? Whenever this question comes up, I am always reminded of Thomas in the Bible who would not believe that Jesus was alive until he could touch Him. That is the same analogy many people use today when it comes to answering the question “Is there any proof that God exists?” They want physical proof for something that must be taken on faith value.

It takes greater faith to believe that an unseen God exists than it does to just dismiss Him because you cannot physically confirm that He is there. For those who deal in evidence there is proof all around you and inside of you that God does exist.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look around. When most people look at the world around them, they see only the trees; they do not see the forest that is there. It should be obvious that God exists because of His creation, not only us humans, but the world we live in, the galaxy that world is in, and the universe that the galaxy is in.

Our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos. We are complex beyond our imaginations and when you look at such a complexity, you see God and His creation.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look inside yourself. Most people fail to look inside themselves for God. Instead, they look to their surroundings and conclude that since the world is such a mess, God must not be there, if He ever existed at all. They forget that since God created us, we bear His fingerprints and those fingerprints point to His existence.

First, we are all born with an innate knowledge of what is right and wrong. Even a young child knows that when they misbehave they are doing something that goes against their parents’ wishes. The knowledge of good and evil comes from God. It was put there to keep us in balance and to allow us to understand why we need to come to God for forgiveness.

Second, we have a desire to seek love. Our whole life is spent trying to fill a gap that exists in our souls; a gap that only be filled by the love of God. No matter what we do to try and fill this gap -- money drugs, alcohol, sex, possessions -- the hole will never be filled until we turn back to God and accept His Son as our Savior and Lord.

These are only two of the inward feelings that should tell us that we are more than just some random mistake of nature; that we are created, that a real God that created us, and that He is still there watching over us.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look at His Son, Jesus Christ. All we need to do is take a good look at the life of Jesus to see that He was a man, but more than a man, He was God. When was the last time you saw a man walk on water, calm a storm, or make a man rise from the dead? Even Jesus Himself conquered death and rose again to ascend to Heaven.

Think about the impact that Jesus has had on this world from the very moment of His birth; the way His life, death and resurrection have shaped world history, changed lives, and healed souls. No mere man could do this so we must say as the Roman soldier did at His crucifixion, “Surely this is the Son of God.”

Philosophy says that our existence is based on that which we perceive existence to be. It is even suggested that maybe we do not exist as we think we do here, but on a different plane of reasoning not yet known to us. As God’s creation, we know God is real; all we have to do is take a good look

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Tons of evidence, but no proof within the natural sciences.
But that's obvious since God is not approachable by the natural sciences, but atheists / naturalists believe there's nothing beyond the realm of the natural sciences.
So are atheists right then?
For themselves they are right perhaps, when they say there is no proof of God's existence.
None the less, a little brain activity around the question of the origins of the 'natural' will lead to a supernatural cause, because things can't cause themselves, let alone very complex things.
And that's why Scripture reads there is no excuse, for the creation is "fearfully made".

I am getting that. I am understanding this now.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
ANSWER:

Is there any proof that God exists? Whenever this question comes up, I am always reminded of Thomas in the Bible who would not believe that Jesus was alive until he could touch Him. That is the same analogy many people use today when it comes to answering the question “Is there any proof that God exists?” They want physical proof for something that must be taken on faith value.

It takes greater faith to believe that an unseen God exists than it does to just dismiss Him because you cannot physically confirm that He is there. For those who deal in evidence there is proof all around you and inside of you that God does exist.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look around. When most people look at the world around them, they see only the trees; they do not see the forest that is there. It should be obvious that God exists because of His creation, not only us humans, but the world we live in, the galaxy that world is in, and the universe that the galaxy is in.

Our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos. We are complex beyond our imaginations and when you look at such a complexity, you see God and His creation.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look inside yourself. Most people fail to look inside themselves for God. Instead, they look to their surroundings and conclude that since the world is such a mess, God must not be there, if He ever existed at all. They forget that since God created us, we bear His fingerprints and those fingerprints point to His existence.

First, we are all born with an innate knowledge of what is right and wrong. Even a young child knows that when they misbehave they are doing something that goes against their parents’ wishes. The knowledge of good and evil comes from God. It was put there to keep us in balance and to allow us to understand why we need to come to God for forgiveness.

Second, we have a desire to seek love. Our whole life is spent trying to fill a gap that exists in our souls; a gap that only be filled by the love of God. No matter what we do to try and fill this gap -- money drugs, alcohol, sex, possessions -- the hole will never be filled until we turn back to God and accept His Son as our Savior and Lord.

These are only two of the inward feelings that should tell us that we are more than just some random mistake of nature; that we are created, that a real God that created us, and that He is still there watching over us.

Is there any proof that God exists? Take a good look at His Son, Jesus Christ. All we need to do is take a good look at the life of Jesus to see that He was a man, but more than a man, He was God. When was the last time you saw a man walk on water, calm a storm, or make a man rise from the dead? Even Jesus Himself conquered death and rose again to ascend to Heaven.

Think about the impact that Jesus has had on this world from the very moment of His birth; the way His life, death and resurrection have shaped world history, changed lives, and healed souls. No mere man could do this so we must say as the Roman soldier did at His crucifixion, “Surely this is the Son of God.”

Philosophy says that our existence is based on that which we perceive existence to be. It is even suggested that maybe we do not exist as we think we do here, but on a different plane of reasoning not yet known to us. As God’s creation, we know God is real; all we have to do is take a good look

Thank you so much. That's very true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You need to spend some time with Ravi Zacharias. DO NOT ignore me my friend. His ministry would change your life. It has mine. I was a skeptic to the bone before i got saved. I thank God for him.

I will check him out. Thank you

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You need to spend some time with Ravi Zacharias. DO NOT ignore me my friend. His ministry would change your life. It has mine. I was a skeptic to the bone before i got saved. I thank God for him.

Ravi has some great retorts. Lots of sharp guys out there. Tim Keller is also a great apologist.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Also, I would never ignore you. I appreciate all that you've contribute. I learned a lot.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Also,

I will look him up too.

Your questions are honest ones. I have answers for them all, thanks to great teachers who I've learned from, but I could never type them all out, and they would never be as good as going to the source. Check out Tim Keller on TY.

Just know that I was in your position at one point, and my honesty helped drive me to the answers which satisfied both my intellect and my soul.

Question. Even get angry, but direct that toward Him. Don't run from Him. He can handle these issues. Just read the Psalms to see how people took their fear, depression, anger, etc. to Him.

Keep the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your questions are honest ones. I have answers for them all, thanks to great teachers who I've learned from, but I could never type them all out, and they would never be as good as going to the source. Check out Tim Keller on TY.

Just know that I was in your position at one point, and my honesty helped drive me to the answers which satisfied both my intellect and my soul.

Question. Even get angry, but direct that toward Him. Don't run from Him. He can handle these issues. Just read the Psalms to see how people took their fear, depression, anger, etc. to Him.

Keep the faith.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So to all whom claim there is evidence do you claim you have no faith? From what I understand of Christianity the two are not compatible. You either have faith or you have evidence.

There is a difference between being convinced God exists and the Bible being true and having faith in God.
Faith in God is trusting Him.
For example, you may know a person, you know that person exists, but that doesn't mean you trust that person.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to all whom claim there is evidence do you claim you have no faith? From what I understand of Christianity the two are not compatible. You either have faith or you have evidence.

Your understanding would be incorrect.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.