Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My proof is proof, but non-christians try to figure out ways to say its not proof. Lets use miracles or better yet people who have died and seen either a glimpse of heaven or hell. Some of these people mind you are not christians. Science comes up with a long winded argument why it was just in their mind. And miracles that happen science tries to discredit or if they have no answer they just say "It was luck!". Such as we knew a teen who had cancer, she was diagnosed with end stage. That night pastors and others came and prayed over her. The next day she said she felt great. Doctors were a but confused but they gave her another scan and seen the tumor in her brain was totally gone. Not even a trace of it was left.

Science can't explain how that happened. Mind you this wasn't some random miracle story I read online. This was someone locally who I "sort of" knew from church. At this point non-believers are like "Do you have proof?". Well do you mean like medical records? Since it didn't happen to me, not I don't have proof. I can't just walk into a hospital and ask for somene elses medical records. The doctors that were taking care of her were not christian either, so they would have no reason to lie about it. I even briefly met the doctor a few weeks later when I was at the same clinic and was talking about it to another patient of his.

I can even use the example of myself. I have been clinically dead on the table and seen "the light". But in my case Jesus was there but I wasn't going towards the light, instead I was told the path I was on was dark and then I seen a glimpse of hell. After I woke up and the doctors were shocked since they thought I was dead. I'm not sure how long exactly I had been dead/out though. I've had other miracles happen in my life too. Such as money I needed to go marry my wife overseas and money of paperwork...etc. Mind you I am disabled and don't get alot of money. So I had to rely on somehow getting the money to go there. Which at that point was pretty much impossible.

And yet within a week I got enough to go. Mind you I when I was there I wasn't really keeping track of the money because I was bad and converting currency. And when I got home I had exactly 40 cents left. Mind you I had some things occur like a fractured ankle when there, extra fees...etc. Obviously a miracle that I got enough money and that I came home with essentially 40 cents even though I was not tracking my money.

Again these are things science will reject and use numbers and odds...etc. Science has no real reason to believe in any of this stuff so I don't think they will ever accept it as proof. Even the fact the bible only has a few prophecies left to fulfill they even ignore. Go look them up. Alot of the modern day ones have happened. Such as the forming of the Euro. Some say making random statements about the future is not hard to do and obviously you can twist it to look like it came true.

Nope, every prophecy has come true in the exact order they were mentioned. Event he modern day ones. The only ones that are left involve the end times. How does science explain all of it being so precise and perfect and in order and the fact like 95% have come true? Those aren't just good odds, those are beyond impossible odds. And when you look at supposed prophecy people like Nostra, almost none of his came true, the few that did were worded so plainly that you can twist them to fit any event. Wheres as bible prophecies are precise and yet to not come true.

But this is the part where people will try to disprove all this stuff becausae they are not interested in the truth. They don't even want God to be real. Because they hate God. Which is always ironic for me because why is there so much hate for someone you say isn't real to begin with? Why talk about God so much? Why be on a christian forum?

If my friend told me that he has a purple trex living in his basement that lays eggs filled with diamonds, I am certainly going to not believe him nor would I talk about it all the time or even indulge such a crazy thing. And yet non-believers seem to obsess about God so much that they spend their lives arguing against "An invisible sky fairy". But the truth is they don't believe Hes not real. If anything they very much believe Hes real. They fear the future of what happens when they die deep down. Its why they have to always talk about God not existing to reassure themselves its true so they feel better. But since the fear comes back, they never end talking about Him.

Best part of it is when they say "Psh, thats not true! You don't even know me!". Well "science" and "psychology" talk about this thing all the time. This is what you believe in right? So why do you suddelny say what I say about you is not true? Or is science only accurate when it isn't talking about you? ;)
And yet he just can't seem to find time to heal amputees or provide clean water for over 800 million people on a daily basis.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
Central Coast, California
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My proof is proof, but non-christians try to figure out ways to say its not proof. Lets use miracles or better yet people who have died and seen either a glimpse of heaven or hell. Some of these people mind you are not christians. Science comes up with a long winded argument why it was just in their mind. And miracles that happen science tries to discredit or if they have no answer they just say "It was luck!". Such as we knew a teen who had cancer, she was diagnosed with end stage. That night pastors and others came and prayed over her. The next day she said she felt great. Doctors were a but confused but they gave her another scan and seen the tumor in her brain was totally gone. Not even a trace of it was left.

Science can't explain how that happened. Mind you this wasn't some random miracle story I read online. This was someone locally who I "sort of" knew from church. At this point non-believers are like "Do you have proof?". Well do you mean like medical records? Since it didn't happen to me, not I don't have proof. I can't just walk into a hospital and ask for somene elses medical records. The doctors that were taking care of her were not christian either, so they would have no reason to lie about it. I even briefly met the doctor a few weeks later when I was at the same clinic and was talking about it to another patient of his.

I can even use the example of myself. I have been clinically dead on the table and seen "the light". But in my case Jesus was there but I wasn't going towards the light, instead I was told the path I was on was dark and then I seen a glimpse of hell. After I woke up and the doctors were shocked since they thought I was dead. I'm not sure how long exactly I had been dead/out though. I've had other miracles happen in my life too. Such as money I needed to go marry my wife overseas and money of paperwork...etc. Mind you I am disabled and don't get alot of money. So I had to rely on somehow getting the money to go there. Which at that point was pretty much impossible.

And yet within a week I got enough to go. Mind you I when I was there I wasn't really keeping track of the money because I was bad and converting currency. And when I got home I had exactly 40 cents left. Mind you I had some things occur like a fractured ankle when there, extra fees...etc. Obviously a miracle that I got enough money and that I came home with essentially 40 cents even though I was not tracking my money.

Again these are things science will reject and use numbers and odds...etc. Science has no real reason to believe in any of this stuff so I don't think they will ever accept it as proof. Even the fact the bible only has a few prophecies left to fulfill they even ignore. Go look them up. Alot of the modern day ones have happened. Such as the forming of the Euro. Some say making random statements about the future is not hard to do and obviously you can twist it to look like it came true.

Nope, every prophecy has come true in the exact order they were mentioned. Event he modern day ones. The only ones that are left involve the end times. How does science explain all of it being so precise and perfect and in order and the fact like 95% have come true? Those aren't just good odds, those are beyond impossible odds. And when you look at supposed prophecy people like Nostra, almost none of his came true, the few that did were worded so plainly that you can twist them to fit any event. Wheres as bible prophecies are precise and yet to not come true.

But this is the part where people will try to disprove all this stuff becausae they are not interested in the truth. They don't even want God to be real. Because they hate God. Which is always ironic for me because why is there so much hate for someone you say isn't real to begin with? Why talk about God so much? Why be on a christian forum?

If my friend told me that he has a purple trex living in his basement that lays eggs filled with diamonds, I am certainly going to not believe him nor would I talk about it all the time or even indulge such a crazy thing. And yet non-believers seem to obsess about God so much that they spend their lives arguing against "An invisible sky fairy". But the truth is they don't believe Hes not real. If anything they very much believe Hes real. They fear the future of what happens when they die deep down. Its why they have to always talk about God not existing to reassure themselves its true so they feel better. But since the fear comes back, they never end talking about Him.

Best part of it is when they say "Psh, thats not true! You don't even know me!". Well "science" and "psychology" talk about this thing all the time. This is what you believe in right? So why do you suddelny say what I say about you is not true? Or is science only accurate when it isn't talking about you? ;)
The reason we spend so much time talking about god is because Christians try to push their belief on us in the form of laws. I don't want to live under your stupid interpretation of the Bible. This is not a Christian country, it is a secular country. Additionally, Christianity causes a lot of harm to a lot of people. People are told not to enjoy normal things in life because of someone else's interpretation of the Bible. Children are continually preyed upon by "people of the cloth." Finally, my life is so much better now that I am free from the bonds of Christianity and I want to share that with others. I want you to be happy. Trust me, I don't believe in your god and I'm not scared about what happens when I die.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet he just can't seem to find time to heal amputees or provide clean water for over 800 million people on a daily basis.

:scratch:
Bible doesn't say miracles are a every day thing. I mean if He did them constantly for everyone, then there would be no test of faith since it would be obvious. Miracles are rather seldom in todays world. And why would any christian bother to have faith if they knew they would be healed no matter what? Without faith then theres no real journey.

The reason we spend so much time talking about god is because Christians try to push their belief on us in the form of laws. I don't want to live under your stupid interpretation of the Bible. This is not a Christian country, it is a secular country. Additionally, Christianity causes a lot of harm to a lot of people. People are told not to enjoy normal things in life because of someone else's interpretation of the Bible. Children are continually preyed upon by "people of the cloth." Finally, my life is so much better now that I am free from the bonds of Christianity and I want to share that with others. I want you to be happy. Trust me, I don't believe in your god and I'm not scared about what happens when I die.
I can see how we push your beliefs on you and how your forced to do things as we command. Like go to school and learn our ways only.... oh wait its not like that. Well how you are forced to only get married to the opposite se..... oh wait its not like that either. Oh I know, how we force you to be christian.... oh wait thats not it either. Come to think of it what have we forced you to do? Did someone have a gun to your head?

Last I seen non-christians have the same freedoms we do. Probably even more since now christians can't say or do much without drawing flack. I would respond to the rest but its clear you are very "triggered" right now. Though again, the irony of you saying your free of the bonds of christians and yet you just had a long mad rant about God. You must not be free if its all you think about. Why else would you be here? Your sides winning and yet you still live in fear, fear Hes real. ^_^

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Bible doesn't say miracles are a every day thing. I mean if He did them constantly for everyone, then there would be no test of faith since it would be obvious. Miracles are rather seldom in todays world. And why would any christian bother to have faith if they knew they would be healed no matter what? Without faith then theres no real journey.
I'm not allowed to express my thoughts on CF regarding what I think about a being who would use ten year old children to sometimes impress those who believe in him or make a point.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a passive coercion at work, if your god is to be believed, because there are certain things you MUST do and believe in order to enter paradise and to escape hell...you aren't forced to do them, but the consequences for not doing so are dire.......that's coercion.

That's not coercion. That's giving you exactly what you want. You want an existence without God? You'll get it.

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
Central Coast, California
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I can see how we push your beliefs on you and how your forced to do things as we command. Like go to school and learn our ways only.... oh wait its not like that. Well how you are forced to only get married to the opposite se..... oh wait its not like that either. Oh I know, how we force you to be christian.... oh wait thats not it either. Come to think of it what have we forced you to do? Did someone have a gun to your head?

Last I seen non-christians have the same freedoms we do. Probably even more since now christians can't say or do much without drawing flack. I would respond to the rest but its clear you are very "triggered" right now. Though again, the irony of you saying your free of the bonds of christians and yet you just had a long mad rant about God. You must not be free if its all you think about. Why else would you be here? Your sides winning and yet you still live in fear, fear Hes real. ^_^
How is my side winning? The majority of people in the House and Senate are Christian, the President is Christian, and huge percentage of state and local lawmakers are Christian. More than 70% of our citizens identify as Christian. Most people wouldn't vote for an Atheist and look down upon Atheists. Christians draw flack by their actions because they are based on ancient beliefs, not current science or logic.

That was a pretty calm response, you must be easily triggered if you think I'm at all worked up. Finally, you don't speak for me.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The majority of people in the House and Senate are Christian, the President is Christian, and huge percentage of state and local lawmakers are Christian. More than 70% of our citizens identify as Christian.

Now if they'd just act like it we could get this country back on track.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Sorry, was that a yes or a no to my request?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
If you performed miracles in front of a committed atheist, it would be of no use.
I would agree with that, since there´s a long way from "a person is able to perform a miracle" to "a God exists". You don´t have to be a "committed atheist" in order to spot this non-sequitur.
Since they won't allow for the miraculous because of their world view and mindset, they would simply try to figure out "the trick".
You wouldn´t have to be afraid of that if there is not trick to reveal.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think the James Randi challenge is biased against a winner, it just prevents people from doing magic.

Everyone knows Kent Hovind is an idiotic, con-man looking for fame. The guy is a total joke. He calls his literal bible theme park a museum. Even though, we know nothing in it is factual. Kent basically wants someone to create a miniature big bang in a collider to prove evolution. Obviously, he doesn't really know what evolution is.

And Randi just wants someone to ascend to Heaven on stage to prove miracles. Obviously, he doesn't really know what miracles are.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's not coercion. That's giving you exactly what you want. You want an existence without God? You'll get it.

It's coercion. Unless you do a certain thing, you don't get the reward...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟994,784.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
And Randi just wants someone to ascend to Heaven on stage to prove miracles. Obviously, he doesn't really know what miracles are.

If Randi is not to your taste here is a list of 36 different prizes (including a house) which are or have been available to anyone who can provide evidence of the paranormal. The earliest dates to 1922. Note that the James Randi Challenge was discontinued in 2015. They're putting the money to better use.

Of the 36 prizes on offer none have been successfully claimed.

If there's anyone out there with a miracle up their sleeve - here's your chance to make a motza.
OB

Reactions: Ajflyguy7
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But you don't want it anyway, so why would complain about not getting it?

Here is the problem, a lot of people say that if you don't want God then God will give you what you want.

But people do not want hell. Nobody wants to be burned for all eternity.

I am not interested in heaven to be perfectly honest. My reason for wanting to obey God is more done out of fear of God's wrath, not done out of wanting any kind of reward from God. I don't care about going to heaven and I don't care about getting any kind of pie in the sky from God. Quite frankly, heaven seems kind of boring. But you have two options only two; you either repent of your sins and live a certain way, or continue to live the way that I live and be tormented for the rest of eternity. It's like choosing whether you want to go to prison and be beaten for the rest of your crime life or live in a mansion with people you don't exactly like or love for doing good deeds. But you don't have any other option. The truth of the matter is some of us are not interested in any kind of reward. We just don't want to be burned for all eternity. We don't want to be tormented.

A lot of Christians say I have the wrong attitude. And that is probably true. I don't claim to be righteous or holy. I guess I just don't understand God all that much. People say that obeying God out of fear is sin, but then he creates this horrible place for the disobedience. It does seem like coercion. And it is simply because I don't fully understand God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.