At least 3 children and 3 adults killed in Nashville private Christian elementary school shooting; shooter killed by police

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you looked around? Every day people are mowing each other down. We have politicians making family Christmas photos while holding their weapons. That's insane. "Let's celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace with these murder tools." Good Lord. The same ones who are about to celebrate the one who gave his life for others will also refuse to entertain the possibility of legislating weapons that have one primary purpose: murder. Some of us are more culpable than others, for sure, but we all have a responsibility to work together to make real changes.
yet, the vast majority of shootings have some reason VERY few as a total number are random. In other words in most cases either particular PEOPLE were targeted I want x y z person dead or they happened between gangs or as part of another crimes. Those are the ones that are not suicides which better than half of them are. Given that such people either have no intentation of following the laws gangs/other crimes and/or they would kill the person with other means.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yeah, I remember when he and 29 other guys threatened Fort Hood. I can see how you might want 3 magazines when 30 of his type storm the base.
Your comment proves you are something special.

This guy, this terrorist, ... he went into the FT Hood Cafeteria, stood up, said...> """"""Allahu Akbar (Arabic: الله أكبر) is an Islamic phrase, called Takbir in Arabic, meaning "Allah is greater" or "Allah is [the] greatest".

Then he started shooting his friends, his follow soldiers.

Had one of them been your son or daughter, then you mouth would be in a different position today, i'm sure of it, durangodawood.
But for now, keep that smirk on your face and enjoy yourself.
No worries.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some of it, yes, but a lot of it is just writing down unused equipment from storage.

That said. Militarization of school zones to protect against armed intruders is not really a viable option.

It would be much easier to just remove the mass shooters weapons of choice from their possession. (Plus we wouldn't also need to fortify our shopping centers, grocery stores, churches, outdoor markets, barber shops, restaurants, etc.)
Except that the people who cannot be trusted with those weapons do not perform such acts though they might if the government tried to forcefully take them as many people do not trust the government; moreover with millions of guns already out there good luck with that ( even if no otherwise law abiding citizen resorted to violence.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your comment proves you are something special.

This guy, this terrorist, ... he went into the FT Hood Cafeteria, stood up, said...> """"""Allahu Akbar (Arabic: الله أكبر) is an Islamic phrase, called Takbir in Arabic, meaning "Allah is greater" or "Allah is [the] greatest".

Then he started shooting his friends, his follow soldiers.

Had one of them been your son or daughter, then you mouth would be in a different position today, i'm sure of it, durangodawood.
But for now, keep that smirk on your face.
No worries.
Now youre just being silly. If I recall he shot up a part of the base where almost everyone was completely unarmed. Im not arguing no one should be armed. I even believe in an individual right to bear arms. You seem to be bouncing around from idea to idea like a pinball.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you learn nothing about stopping attackers? (I would have thought you did professionally.) Are not "less efficient" attackers easier to stop?
Again, trying to take all the guns ( even all of those guns would be like trying to take drugs off the street ( which has proven to be impossible as shown by the increase in overdose deaths.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now youre just being silly. If I recall he shot up a part of the base

He killed 13 soldiers.
How many did he wound?

You don't know?
You should find out, and once you do you might try thinking before you speak, about this situation again.
See, there is always a first time for you, durangodwood.

Upvote 0

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟312,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally I think it should be mandated by law that every person over the age of 5 years must carry 1 fully loaded hand gun. Every person over the age of 18 must carry 2 handguns and 1 rifle + 2 extra mags for each.
We would be the safest country on the planet.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I think it should be mandated by law that every person over the age of 5 years must carry 1 fully loaded hand gun. Every person over the age of 18 must carry 2 handguns and 1 rifle + 2 extra mags for each.
We would be the safest country on the planet.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He killed 13 soldiers.
How many did he wound?

You don't know?
You should find out, and once you do you might try thinking before you speak, about this situation again.
See, there is always a first time for you, durangodwood.
Oh my gosh we have a pedant on our hands, people. Do you think "he shot up the base", to use a common expression like "he shot up the nightclub", means he shot at buildings, or the ground?

Good grief. Its not worth the tedium to "communicate" this way.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Less efficient = Fewer deaths

Stab are wounds less likely to be fatal than a round coming out of an AR15 or similar "assault style" weapon.

Depends on where the person is stabbed and how many times. Stabbings are ( usually) more targeted, but if you have say 30 people in a tight space then you just would have to take out the first one before you could likely kill several more in the five to 20 minutes it would take help to get there. Moreover, because medics will not come in until police clear the scene even if a person does not die at the time of the stab wounds depending on how long it takes, what resources they have, where they were stabbed ect they could still bleed out even if they did not even die at the scene. There is also the issue of the blood shortage if you had enough victims even if you stopped the bleeding if they had already loss a lot of blood and say you have 25 to 40 people like that it could be that even if they made it to the hospital they still die because they do not have enough blood for transfusions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my gosh we have a pedant on our hands, people.

durangodawood.,

Im not saying that you are a heartless politically corrected tool, but, the more you post ..... the more i will wonder about it, im sure.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do so many resist more regulation? Take those who have an inordinate love of guns out of the picture. Can we move forward with regulation now?
because we do not trust the regulation to stop.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
durangodawood.,

Im not saying that you are a heartless politically corrected tool, but, the more you post, the more i will wonder about it, im sure.
Nice edit. But no worries. I wouldnt have reported you.

Upvote 0

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟312,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Glad to see at least 1 person sees the advantage of arming every one from kindergarten and up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sleep well afterwards, as if you dont protect your family.... the bible says you are "worse than an infidel and have denied the faith

Woe, cowboy, keep them guns holstered. The passage says-If anyone does not provide (pronoei) for their relatives, especially one's own family members....

Pronoei means to think ahead and consider another's need, i.e. to provide. Paul says that in the context of people not caring for relatives who are widows, not scenarios where you need guns ablazing.

I get you're ready to blow someone away who is harming your loved ones. I mean, we can get all kinds of excited thinking about what we would do to bad guys; I get it. But that's not the one you want. Maybe something from the Old Testament will do if you're wanting justification for your bloody revenge on a bunch of "human dogs" as you put it.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on where the person is stabbed and how many times. Stabbings are ( usually) more targeted, but if you have say 30 people in a tight space then you just would have to take out the first one before you could likely kill several more in the five to 20 minutes it would take help to get there. Moreover, because medics will not come in until police clear the scene even if a person does not die at the time of the stab wounds depending on how long it takes, what resources they have, where they were stabbed ect they could still bleed out even if they did not even die at the scene. There is also the issue of the blood shortage if you had enough victims even if you stopped the bleeding if they had already loss a lot of blood and say you have 25 to 40 people like that it could be that even if they made it to the hospital they still die because they do not have enough blood for transfusions

The president/leader of the Palestinians, has personally made videos that teach how to stab "old jewish women" "from behind", "in their carotid artery in their neck"".

This is not a myth.

I share this, so that people who can't understand why Israel and the "Palestinians" can't be friends......might begin to have some insight.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woe, cowboy, keep them guns holstered. The passage says-If anyone does not provide (pronoei) for their relatives, especially one's own family members....

You are not able to speak or read "Koine Greek", fluently, if at all, public hermit.
So, its best not to pretend the FAKE position... regarding pretending to be a greek text revisionist, just yet, little one.
Be honest instead.
Give it a shot.

The word is : "provide'.

as in shelter, food, health care, support, love, and protection.

if you neglect protecting your family from harm, you are = "worse than an infidel, and have denied the faith".

Yes you and those just like you.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
THese effects also apply to unarmed defenders (like teachers) in that less capable attackers are easier to defend against. It's also really hard to stab your way through a locked classroom door, even a glass one, where as a gun is much more effective at breaching those kinds of defense.

What do you have next? What about our defense against baseball bats? How do we defend small children from a ripped dude and his fists?
Actually, a baseball bat is considered a lethal weapon if someone is for example charging you with it you would be justified in using lethal force.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are not able to speak or read "Koine Greek", fluently, if at all, public hermit.
So, its best not to pretend the FAKE position... regarding pretending to be a greek text revisionist, just yet, little one.
Be honest instead.
Give it a shot.

The word is : "provide'.

as in shelter, food, health care, support, love, and protection.

if you neglect protecting your family from harm, you are = "worse than an infidel, and have denied the faith".

Yes you and those just like you.

You seem really high-strung and anxious. I'm worried about you. You don't carry do you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.