School Shooting In Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
WHat are you asking me to do? To not be repulsed by them? To buddy up with them? Start hanging out with them?

Sir...I don't know what to say, I was raised on the other side of the tracks. I was born that way!
Maybe you should pray to jesus.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How does this actually work? You read about a school shooting and see that the guy is gay. 'Oh, good. A great opportunity to take a swing at LGBT people.'

How are you not embarrassed by doing this?
That's basically my reaction whenever somebody posts an article about child abuse committed by a Christian. How they are not embarrassed by posting such things the world may never know. The problem is the abuse, which is carried out in at least the same rate among secular people. In this case, the problem is school shootings. As with abuse, let's just agree that school shootings are bad and and need to be prevented either way.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fair enough. Maybe you should also stay away from threads about "them".

Maybe I should. But unfortunately, I am retired and have lots of time so pop in and out semi frequently.

If gays want to be accepted...I understand that, but then shouldn't they be willing to be accepting of people who have differing views? Am I allowed to be anti-gay?

I aint no bad guy. I dont go hunt down gays and beat them up. Nothing like that. I'm just tryng to be as good a man as I can but I'm also realistic. I go to my christian forum board and the thread is some transvestite thing shot up a scholl and then committed suicide.

Yeah that's the sort of thing that might just elicit a response from a an old bored retired guy, lol. It was a tradgedy and from what I understand, he tried to make it about being trans? Something like that. I didn't know gay violence was on the rise. So the thread aint all bad.

All you gay people hate me and I don't care. You have nothing for me. Am I the only anti-gay person here? No. So get real.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I should. But unfortunately, I am retired and have lots of time so pop in and out semi frequently.

If gays want to be accepted...I understand that, but then shouldn't they be willing to be accepting of people who have differing views? Am I allowed to be anti-gay?

I aint no bad guy. I dont go hunt down gays and beat them up. Nothing like that. I'm just tryng to be as good a man as I can but I'm also realistic. I go to my christian forum board and the thread is some transvestite thing shot up a scholl and then committed suicide.

Yeah that's the sort of thing that might just elicit a response from a an old bored retired guy, lol. It was a tradgedy and from what I understand, he tried to make it about being trans? Something like that. I didn't know gay violence was on the rise. So the thread aint all bad.

All you gay people hate me and I don't care. You have nothing for me. Am I the only anti-gay person here? No. So get real.
I've yet to be convinced that "gay violence" is "on the rise" (or at least, any more on the rise than other kinds of violence).

I'm also sure that many mass shooters across the last few decades were queer, but the news just didn't mention it. When someone shoots up a school, their sexuality isn't always the most important topic.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

I’d tell you to either get used to it or get ready to genocidally kill every LGBTQ person but based on the use of dehumanizing language “transvestite thing” it appears you are well on your way to trying to justify LGBTQ people’s deaths.

The LGBTQ are no going back in the closet. They lead as normal and boring lives as anyone else and when people get to know LGBTQ people, they see through the he fear mongering you are peddling.

Either build a gas chamber or learn to live along side LGBTQ people because they are not going away.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,051.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wait a minute I thought they were all being bullied to pieces? That can't be the case if everyone is keeping quite and not saying anything. So which one is it? Are people saying stuff or not saying stuff?
God help any gay girl or boy who comes to this site looking for some Christian compassion for any problems that they may be having. My recomendation would be to stay well clear. And comments in this thread by you and others are the reason for that.

If you had a relative who was gay, would you give them the site details? Tell them to come along and speak to members about being gay? To be told that they are unwholesome? Mentally ill? Not to be trusted? Note that some are talking about actual physical violence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Remember back in 2011 or so when Dan Savage started the "It Gets Better" campaign to encourage lgbtq kids who were experiencing shame and bullying and help prevent suicides, and the Christian Right got mad because they saw it as a move to promote gayness?

I remember.
What does this have to do with the thread?

Dan Savage isn't someone anyone should emulate. His work is....interesting to say the least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,051.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know any people in real life who are gay. I have no gay family. No friends who are gay or their families, that I know about at least. I don't have dinner them, I dont hang out near gay bars or neighvrohoods....and yes, people do tend to speak more forcefully online than in real life. IRL I'm very polite. So I suppose that you can what if all you want to, but it really has nothing to do with me.

I don't hate gays as people. They're just people. They have their right to make their own choices in life and I acknowledge this. That said, in fairness, I get to have my own choices also! And sorry bud I was raised to be utterly repulsed by queers. I hit one smack in the nose and gave him two big black eyes for touching me one time. That's not polite.

If a gay man knocks on my door and says he needs help overcoming being a homosexual or whatever, then I might let the guy in. But if he's not looking for help and is a homo then he is not getting in at all. No thanks bad time no. If he were to persist, then probably because I cant trust you queer boy. Your repulsive. This when he knocks on my door. I can look at a man and see that he is gay. I don't talk to them on the street. Being gay and born that way is an outright lie. Men & women were created and wired to be naturally attracted to each other and they are somehow scared of girls then the say oh but it's not my fault blah blah blah. so they cant be trusted. It may be a type of mental illness or something to do with spiritual warfare and evil spirits.

That's why to stay away from them. So you don't get anything on you. Apparently it is an addictive behavior like drugs or something. Dont do it the first time, that guy has to leave.....!!

And he's perfectly welcome to go where ever he wants and sleep woth whoever he chooses. Away from me.
There's no reasonable comment I can make to a post like that.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This breaks my heart. I have no words left. Just prayers.
Time to accept this and stop pretending this isn’t normal. This is a cost we have chosen to pay because guns.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Time to accept this and stop pretending this isn’t normal. This is a cost we have chosen to pay because guns.
I know it's not normal. I am NOT a gun fanatic nor do I own guns, nor will I ever.

Reactions: Margaret3110
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know it's not normal.
It’s normal and acceptable. It’s time to do away with all the hollering and rendering of garments. Instead we need to honor the sacrifices made for guns, the NRA should award posthumous medals to the families.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It’s normal and acceptable. It’s time to do away with all the hollering and rendering of garments. Instead we need to honor the sacrifices made for guns, the NRA should award posthumous medals to the families.
How sad.

This "gun worship" by some terrifies me. Yes, I do support someone's right to the second amendment, but not to the point where it gets extreme.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What does this have to do with the thread?

Dan Savage isn't someone anyone should emulate. His work is....interesting to say the least.
The OP was decrying "the mentally ill LGBTQ community."

I'm no fan of Dan Savage, but a decade ago, he and others recognized the problem of teen suicides within "the mentally ill LGBTQ community" and tried to do something about it by extending compassion to these kids and a bunch of bigoted pigs from the right pushed back against it because apparently the pro-life crowd is okay with death as long as it's queer kids.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've yet to be convinced that "gay violence" is "on the rise" (or at least, any more on the rise than other kinds of violence).

I'm also sure that many mass shooters across the last few decades were queer, but the news just didn't mention it. When someone shoots up a school, their sexuality isn't always the most important topic.

Right. All types of violence is on the rise, not just the uppity gay people but many other cliks also. But from what I'm hearing now, we have to be careful around all the different types of gay people now also. So what that they're gay, if they're violent then deal with them like anyy other violent criminal.

You know, I did make one joke in this thread but no one caught it when I posted it.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’d tell you to either get used to it or get ready to genocidally kill every LGBTQ person but based on the use of dehumanizing language “transvestite thing” it appears you are well on your way to trying to justify LGBTQ people’s deaths.

The LGBTQ are no going back in the closet. They lead as normal and boring lives as anyone else and when people get to know LGBTQ people, they see through the he fear mongering you are peddling.

Either build a gas chamber or learn to live along side LGBTQ people because they are not going away.

So basically, what I get from your post is that, no I am not allowed to be anti gay.
How dare you say that I am fear mongering when I say I wont accept gays but I accept that I may have to hurt one someday if he gets out of line around me. I am not the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] who went into a school and shot a bunch of people, kids.

You sound quite far over the edge. I am the normal one and phooey on all the gays they are are weird and detestable, just like Witches, just like satanists, just like serial murderers and a lot of weirdo violent types. I dont hang out with them either. So what, you get used to it. Not everyone is a gay weirdo.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Right. All types of violence is on the rise, not just the uppity gay people but many other cliks also. But from what I'm hearing now, we have to be careful around all the different types of gay people now also. So what that they're gay, if they're violent then deal with them like anyy other violent criminal.
I'm pretty sure that gay people have not received any special dispensation to be violent at any point in the recent pass.
You know, I did make one joke in this thread but no one caught it when I posted it.
Have you considered that you might just not be very funny?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God help any gay girl or boy who comes to this site looking for some Christian compassion for any problems that they may be having. My recomendation would be to stay well clear. And comments in this thread by you and others are the reason for that.

If you had a relative who was gay, would you give them the site details? Tell them to come along and speak to members about being gay? To be told that they are unwholesome? Mentally ill? Not to be trusted? Note that some are talking about actual physical violence.

Still trying to paint the normal people as the bad guy and the weirdos as the good guys?!

If a xrtzb came to me and asked for my help in curing him of being a homo outside of God's will, then I would invite him in and offer him a cup of coffee and do what I could to help point him to God and salvation. Those gay people are welcome. WHo would not help one in need?

But if they are gay and not looking for help out of it and are comfortable with it, or even possibly arrogant about it like we see on the forum so much, then no they are not welcome, I wont eat with them or offer them coffee. And so what? I am one man with one opinion so the gays should not act like everybody has to love them, that's twilight zone. Especially if they are starting to turn violent. If I ever have to hurt a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or whatever its not going to be because they were a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] but because they are being violent. They can't go around being violent and ask us normal folks to not defend ourselves, lol!

Go tell yur gay friends that even forward motion towards someone under touchy circumstances can legally be considered an attack. He started towards me and forced me to defend myself! Just like any other deranged individual. So be careful out there! I will too.

This is a good thread. People should know that, you don't have to be forced to like gays and accept them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.