At least 3 children and 3 adults killed in Nashville private Christian elementary school shooting; shooter killed by police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue with that is one it is illegal would have to make it back up to the supreme court. Other thing is (along with a number of other issues I happen to have with the death penalty you cannot undo it if it is later found out that they had the wrong person. This is why we have so many appeals.

The current supreme court would be happy to re-enlist Capital Punishment, for this very specific crime.
No worries.
Even the House Dems in the USA would have a hard time not voting for it.

Also, there is no real chance that someone who goes into a School, or similar, carrying all that hardware, is going to be mistaken for someone else., as you have so many eye witnesses who didnt DIE from their wounds.

Know what i mean?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The current supreme court would be happy to re-enlist Capital Punishment, for this very specific crime.
No worries.
Even the House Dems in the USA would have a hard time not voting for it.

Also, there is no real chance that someone who goes into a School, or similar, carrying all that hardware, is going to be mistaken for someone else.
It has got to get to them first. Also, the other problem is I was not just talking about public mass shooters.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue with that is one it is illegal would have to make it back up to the supreme court. Other thing is (along with a number of other issues I happen to have with the death penalty you cannot undo it if it is later found out that they had the wrong person. This is why we have so many appeals.

Sure.

Have all 50 States mandate "swift" Capital Punishment for these type of malicious life robbing violators .

Even a 'crazy' can understand.....>"if you commit "defined USA terrorism" against a GROUP on any USA Soil < you wil surely die".

What that does, is it eliminates a lot of these shooters who know that they wont be put to death, which if they knew they would.....some would not shoot kids with 100 rounds.

FEAR of being KILLED as a direct consequence of your DEED....., is a very strong deterrent.

Its not that the Law is soft on Guns, its that the Law has become soft on SHOOTERS.
There aren't really "so many appeals." First, appeals can only be made on issues of judicial error. At any point, an appellate court can deliver a final ruling that conclusively decides on whether the charge of error is valid.

The problem is that appeals take so long.

But I basically agree that "swift penalties" aren't really the answer to the problem. With regard to school shootings in particular, death by cop at the scene appears to be the intent. They never have a plan to escape...they never even attempt to escape. They kill as many hostages as possible while waiting for the police to finally figure out how to kill them. They're not thinking beyond the day.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most people would. Most people are not stupid enough to try it as it is about as hopeless as trying to get drugs off the street or stop the rain.

Yeah, a lot of Americans are not going to support banning handguns.

But I wonder if you really believe your own argument. Do you think heroin, cocaine, and meth should be legal? I mean, laws against those don't stop their proliferation. If you do believe they should be illegal, then you'll need a different argument for why handguns should not be. The fact that their illegality won't stop their proliferation is not an argument against making handguns illegal.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

But I wonder if you really believe your own argument. Do you think heroin, cocaine, and meth should be legal? I mean, laws against those don't stop their proliferation. If you do believe they should be illegal, then you'll need a different argument for why handguns should not be. The fact that their illegality won't stop their proliferation is not an argument against making handguns illegal.
Those same drugs are prove of why banning does not work especially considering that they have even had to start rethinking incarceration for those issues now because they are such problems.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a great story. I don't know if this is historically accurate, but it seems Americans went through a gun phase, think of duels and the proliferation of guns in western territories, and then thought better of it. Eventually, what was respected was the civil gentleman not the barbaric gun toter.

I grew up and never saw people with side arms. Now I go to Walmart, and some wormy dude has one strapped on like he's going to be attacked rummaging through the vegetables. I get people are freaked about public shootings, but there has to be a better way.
I grew up in Oklahoma and did see people on occasion with sidearms. And with rifles in their trucks all the way into high school. Having a firearm close at hand was feasible and advisable in many parts of the US well into the 20th century.

I agree it's overkill to wear a gun openly in Target.

Oh...but you said Walmart.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, here is a talking point, not directed at anyone.
I just wrote this to offer something to think about..........

So i'll post it for you, just as a talking point, and then i'll leave this Thread to the debate.

I enjoyed talking with you all..

God bless.

<C><
-
-
So......How about this idea.....

These shooters, .... they are terrorist cowards.... similar to Islamic terrorists = who target old women and children in Israel, ... as in both cases these spineless cowards TARGET who they know can't fight back....( the defenseless). and that makes these murders, heinous crimes.

So.....What if the USA created a:

"National Terrorist Law", that i'll define as a DOA Law.

NTDOA

This law would state that, : if YOU decide to take weapons and plan to kill groups...knowingly, with malicious intent....Kill a GROUP......then the second you cross the threshold to make this a reality.....in other words..... the moment you and your weapons take a step in the church yard or on the school ground or in the shopping mall or in the parklng lot outside the Disco..... you have thereby decided to :

1.) Forfeit your Citizenship

2.) Forfeit your right to a jury trial

3.) Forfeit ALL your civil rights

4.) and KNOW>... that you. Will be executed to Death on site, wherever you are found running, hiding, shooting, or similar.

Paul said in Acts 25:11, """that if he did anything worthy of death,= then so be it, execute me..""

So, if the greatest Christian who ever lived would face His maker for His Crime, should these pre-meditated child murdering beast have it better?

Should they be able to murder kids till they run out of bullets and then go to a nice safe prison situation and watch cable TV and use their Laptop and live to be 80 yrs old, and publish a few books about "why i did it"..."how PC society made me kill kids""......while the Tax Payers, who include the FAMILY of their victims,have to pay for their continued support /rehab, ?

Is it too harsh... is it too heartless, is it immoral and uncivilized ??? to let a future shooter of a innocent group of people realize that once they locked and loaded, they are a SELF Chosen DOA in process, and that without repentance?

Well, This won't stop all the Crazies with weapons, but it might give the partially sane potential child murderer a genuine pause to reflect and put that gun away.

And Reader, ive read the verses that speak to us about "loving your neighbor" and "turn the other cheek", and "forgive those who despitefully use you", but i also know that "vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" and "its a fearful thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD".

Ok then, thanks for reading.

Im out.

Here is a friend of mine...
-
-
1680200937629.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was on a 5 county drug task force. We sent a lot of people to prison. Drugs are just as available as they were before in those counties

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There aren't really "so many appeals." First, appeals can only be made on issues of judicial error. At any point, an appellate court can deliver a final ruling that conclusively decides on whether the charge of error is valid.

The problem is that appeals take so long.

But I basically agree that "swift penalties" aren't really the answer to the problem. With regard to school shootings in particular, death by cop at the scene appears to be the intent. They never have a plan to escape...they never even attempt to escape. They kill as many hostages as possible while waiting for the police to finally figure out how to kill them. They're not thinking beyond the day.
I may be incorrect, but I think that people who get convicted on a death penalty case have more right to appeal than regular cases. This is part of the reason they cost more.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....They're not thinking beyond the day.
I cant say Ive really tried to get in the mind of that kind of killer. But the idea that their decision to act hinges on life in prison vs the death penalty seems pretty farfetched.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, here is a talking point, not directed at anyone.
I just wrote this to offer something to think about..........

So i'll post it for you, just as a talking point, and then i'll leave this Thread to the debate.

I enjoyed talking with you all..

God bless.

<C><
-
-
So......How about this idea.....

These shooters, .... they are terrorist cowards.... similar to Islamic terrorists = who target old women and children in Israel, ... as in both cases these spineless cowards TARGET who they know can't fight back....( the defenseless). and that makes these murders, heinous crimes.

So.....What if the USA created a:

"National Terrorist Law", that i'll define as a DOA Law.

NTDOA

This law would state that, : if YOU decide to take weapons and plan to kill groups...knowingly, with malicious intent....Kill a GROUP......then the second you cross the threshold to make this a reality.....in other words..... the moment you and your weapons take a step in the church yard or on the school ground or in the shopping mall or in the parklng lot outside the Disco..... you have thereby decided to :

1.) Forfeit your Citizenship

2.) Forfeit your right to a jury trial

3.) Forfeit ALL your civil rights

4.) and KNOW>... that you. Will be executed to Death on site, wherever you are found running, hiding, shooting, or similar.

Paul said in Acts 25:11, """that if he did anything worthy of death,= then so be it, execute me..""

So, if the greatest Christian who ever lived would face His maker for His Crime, should these pre-meditated child murdering beast have it better?

Should they be able to murder kids till they run out of bullets and then go to a nice safe prison situation and watch cable TV and use their Laptop and live to be 80 yrs old, and publish a few books about "why i did it"..."how PC society made me kill kids""......while the Tax Payers, who include the FAMILY of their victims,have to pay for their continued support /rehab, ?

Is it too harsh... is it too heartless, is it immoral and uncivilized ??? to let a future shooter of a innocent group of people realize that once they locked and loaded, they are a SELF Chosen DOA in process, and that without repentance?

Well, This won't stop all the Crazies with weapons, but it might give the partially sane potential child murderer a genuine pause to reflect and put that gun away.

And Reader, ive read the verses that speak to us about "loving your neighbor" and "turn the other cheek", and "forgive those who despitefully use you", but i also know that "vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" and "its a fearful thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD".

Ok then, thanks for reading.

Im out.

Here is a friend of mine...
-
-
View attachment 329607

I don't tend to associate drumhead justice with Christianity. I don't associate violating peoples right to due process with loving my neighbor as myself.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets say you are married.
Lets say you have 2 Twin Girls.......... Jennifer and April. They are 10 yrs old.

You wake up early one morning, and its 3am.
The House is dark..
Use your Handgun. keep it Handy. Keep lots of ammo nearby.

Where did I question defending one's family with a hand gun?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but LOLWUT?

Where, exactly, have I ever argued for Palestinian attacks on civilians or Israel in general on here or any other forum?

Either link the posts or apologise and retract.

Now, I'll concede that you didn't specifically call for attacks but the general tone of your post is excusing them because "boo-hoo they're marginalized".

If you honestly meant something else, feel free to clarify, and I'll retract.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Those same drugs are prove of why banning does not work especially

Portland decriminalized drugs.

considering that they have even had to start rethinking incarceration for those issues now because they are such problems.

Portland has basically been overwhelmed by homeless drug addicts and dealers ever since they decriminalization them. Unfortunately, prison was the only apparatus that allowed many of them to get clean, often against their choice.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Portland decriminalized drugs.

Portland has basically been overwhelmed by homeless drug addicts and dealers ever since they decriminalization them. Unfortunately, prison was the only apparatus that allowed many of them to get clean, often against their choice.
I was talking about drug treatment as opposed to just incarceration, Like today many places offer what is called drug court. Where you will only go to jail/prison if you do not work your program.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
TENNESSEE POLITICS

Parents at Tennessee State Capitol to demand gun control

Thousands have turned up at the Tennessee State Capitol Thursday morning to face lawmakers as they start the legislative session at 9 a.m.

Parents with their children and other community members said they’re rallying to support stricter gun control in the wake of the Covenant School shooting that left six people dead, including three children and three adults.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about drug treatment as opposed to just incarceration, Like today many places offer what is called drug court. Where you will only go to jail/prison if you do not work your program.
We had one in my county called the CLA. I can’t remember what it stood for we called it the Cannabis Legalization Act. One day I was in court and the judge was addressing a drug offender. He said “I sentence you to the CLA” The guy pulled a card out and said “I just graduated from there your honor “

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.