As believers we have duty to contend for the faith

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
We must be converted because God is a just judge and hates evil and to ensure justice will be given to all who suffer evil no evil will go unpunished but God is also fair so people must prove themselves worthy that they are not evil themselves but endure and leave vengeance to God. God therefore allows evil because He gives everyone free will and all sin and end up doing what others would not have to forgive so God made it required to forgive everyone but He still hates some sins more for damage it does but because He is merciful He does not always judge evil but gives people chance to repent but not always do they have opportunity because He seeks to limit evil they have to repent as they have opportunity so what people choose will be rewarded either with life or death of the soul and spirit connection to God in hell.

Jesus death is the only means of covering for our sins and means to sanctify us and people need to repent that is why revelations says nothing which defiles or causes an abomination will enter the holy city but only those written in the lamb book of life. In saying only those written in the lamb book of life it means they can not enter afterwards either to seek to repent after death.Jesus says unless we repent we will all likewise perish that is to similarly be punished by God to be cut off here and after death if one is unrepentant if majority of nation were not seeking to repent before that to be righteous judgement can come on nation and eventually will if they remain not repentant so all will physically die but whoever turns to God even during that time God knows their heart will be saved but will not be saved immediately but after death.

If nation was righteous to be seeking to repent before that judgement would not come if it is from God but I believe you need to be baptised and have communion to be immediately saved but those who repent God knows their heart
who were not righteous before that and did not get baptised and have communion will be saved if they repent for God knows their heart but after death but it is those who were unrepentant who Jesus means will likewise perish for not only their body was destroyed which Jesus said not to fear those who kill body but soul too because to perish from God judgement is for one soul to be cut off from its connection to God to stay in hell without Him and unless one is born again he can not enter the kingdom of God which I believe means to be converted to be convinced before of ones need for Christ to save one that one needs christ and Him only being able to change one that one may live a new life to be worthy to enter heaven.

Some people could think they should question some doctrines if others make them doubt and don't believe in preaching to others to know what God will do but they are convinced for themselves they may need to be saved now and to be changed to accept Christ believing they need Him to be saved that they do to ensure they are because they are convinced it may be needed for them to be saved. I believe they are born again but they are not helpful to help others to listen to that as bible says people are destroyed for lack of knowledge because God judgements are right against those who reject Christ and those who are unrepentant of their sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
It is so important to abide in the true faith to keep the faith which is to keep doing all that God said so revelations says here is the patience of the saints it would be advantageous not to turn from sound doctrine as other teachings are deceptions but if one repents quickly it takes away from its influence but because one did it hurts the cause so one needs to diligently be commited to the faith because one turned if one does not know because one left one love for the truth called one first love God says He will remove lampstand from its place that more is required of those who know more now if they are able to do more and favour to turn from it is wrong if one does not he is with Babylon and God says to come out of her lest you share in her sins here is the patience of the saints.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe more that the bible does not teach everyone will be saved I just wonder does the bible teach some sodomites will be saved ? I thought maybe some sodomites will be saved but that may not be true.

It's not our place to judge the sins of others. Only our own.

• Agree
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
That is true I should judge only myself for my sins but that does not mean to not judge what is right the truth God teaches. They can be saved if they repent now I just convinced myself of a false interpretation before that people can be saved afterwards because I wanted to believe what it says before so I could feel better that I don’t have to worry about myself or others.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is true I should judge only myself for my sins but that does not mean to not judge what is right the truth God teaches. They can be saved if they repent now I just convinced myself of a false interpretation before that people can be saved afterwards because I wanted to believe what it says before so I could feel better that I don’t have to worry about myself or others.
You can judge what is right for you. Not what is sin for others.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
I do only judge to apply for myself what I believe is right path to follow for myself I do not judge others for not following my path if I don’t think it is needed of them but some things are sin for all and when I do think something is what bible teaches for all I do say I believe so when I don’t know I make it clear I think it is right path to follow or could be required to follow something I think bible teaches but I don’t know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do only judge to apply for myself what I believe is right path to follow for myself I do not judge others for not following my path if I don’t think it is needed of them but some things are sin for all and when I do think something is what bible teaches for all I do say I believe so when I don’t know I make it clear I think it is right path to follow or could be required to follow something I think bible teaches but I don’t know.
No things are a sin for all. Each person is judged individually by the Lord.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
It is very important that people turn to God as Jude says about false teachers who taught the grace of the Lord Jesus gives license to sin that there is no punishment of hell that is eternal and as bible says pursue peace with all and holiness without which no one will see the Lord so all must turn from their sins by accepting Christ to be part of body of Christ to be at peace with others in it and also to not have hatred to those outside but seek their peace for them to come to Christ which is the meaning of pursuing peace with all and holiness is a relationship with God which you can have at any time as you have opportunity but evidence of having it is you turn from sin while you can that is important to be abiding in it or you are not truly accepting Jesus and can die in judgement unexpectedly as the bible says about the harlot woman in revelations who lives in sin without care or chooses false gods and does not care in revelations strong is the Lord who judges her and tells us to come out to not sin because of her lest we share in her plagues and as revelations says about those who enter holy city that it is only those in lamb book of life so others can not enter afterwards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
No things are a sin for all. Each person is judged individually by the Lord.

I mean sins that all knows is sin that they have heard and have mental ability to comprehend what is taught such as murder adultery fornication theft and lust murder being the most serious as you take place of God to judge and will be judged by law and God knows heart if not truly repentant

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
As the book of Daniel says which is same as Thessalonians that when transgressors reach their fullness which could be from falling away if it is from turning from true doctrine to preach something else deceived to believe in which is not true even if Christian as Thessalonians says that day will not come unless falling away comes first that a king would arise who has fierce features which is antichrist. Perhaps I am guilty if I turned away once to preach other doctrine for it to be counted as falling away even if you turn back it could be too late and he would come if that led to chaos or perhaps if church returns back to preach the truth it is not too late for people who turn back to be spared from tribulation but antichrist will come unless world repents and turns to Christ or they will have tribulation a great tribulation as it will be much harder though it is possible to bear it as bible says no temptation has overtaken you greater than you can bear it and will affect all who are old enough who had heard truth before and rejected it as they have proper chance but others who are not old enough for them to have had a chance will have opportunity to believe to be spared from tribulation. All children who are old enough to understand must believe before they die if they die but if they are alive He will not put them them through tribulation while they are too young not ready for it if they believe as they did not have as much chance only when older.

Daniel 8:23-25
23 “And in the latter time of their kingdom,When the transgressors have reached their fullness,A king shall arise,
Having fierce features who understands sinister schemes.
24 His power shall be mighty, but not by his own power;He shall destroy fearfully,
And shall prosper and thrive;
He shall destroy the mighty, and also the holy people.
25 “Through his cunning
He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule; And he shall exalt himself in his heart. He shall destroy many in their prosperity.
He shall even rise against the Prince of princes; But he shall be broken without human means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
The bible says Sheol can not thank You and death cannot praise you those who go down to the pit can not hope for Your truth and shows that only the living man can praise Him for having chance to repent in Isaiah 38:18-19

That is why Jesus mercy is so great He says every sin will be forgiven the sons of men except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is to reject the conviction of the Holy Spirit to come to Jesus and repent. No one should seek to sin as it is evil and person heart may be hardened that he may not be repentant for he did it wilfully he may not be really sorry but if one is sorry God will forgive it but also it is dangerous to do so as seeking to do so you may die without having opportunity to repent but if any one committed the worse sins even betrayal if one was to genuinely repent God will forgive him if God gives opportunity He would forgive if one is truly sorry. God forgives because everyone is responsible for themselves as God controls evil done and nothing can be done to person that God does not allow and only judges if person knew truth and rejected it for every religion claims to be truth and to forgive upon repentance even if they think person must be judged on earth and if people are aware of this and do not receive what is true they are guilty so if one commited sins he should turn to Lord and repent he should not be deceived by the lies that it is shameful for him to do so and he should pay for his own sin to do evil to himself as if he should make up for it and believing the lies of the enemy that God will forgive him later in hell when he repents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
It is a mistake to seek to gain approval of others to approve of them without them repenting.

Jesus said when He judges the world there will be people who say we ate and drank in Your presence and You taught in our streets to think merely enduring His presence because they become friends though they don’t receive Him to accept who He is that what He has shown that He is and what He teaches is the truth that He is obliged to remember them one day but He would not they have to do what He says to enter the kingdom.

After thinking about that I am also reminded of the song on Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness I believe it was God confirming my belief in the truth that it is the work of Christ alone that justifies and works are only evidence person has really repented and accepted Christ to be required to do incase you have no opportunity to turn to Him later to repent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
Much of the church does not assent to whole doctrine but are fake to persecute those who follow true to try to make it as only they are faithful and don’t receive those if they stumbled which proves they don’t really believe in Jesus to do what He said by not accepting those who come back to follow and they want to make divisions though they don’t believe really bible supports divisions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
The truth is that there is only one chance to be saved for everyone has free will which He considers as He is just He will not ignore their decision to reject Him to not accept the truth about themselves that they have sinned against God and to repent of them to accept God and turn or return to Him but they can never make up for their sin alone by accepting belief in God without knowing Him as He is and what He requires for to truly accept God means you listen to Him. You have to know who He is to accept Him and what He requires of you and He has always taught that no one will be able to approach Him without atonement He said He will bring to cover sin as one needs to be sinless to commune with God which is why God had to take away man sins which He did when He came as man in Jesus as all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God that is their sins separate them from God as they sin against Him and they can not dwell with sinless God and need their sin taken away.That is why Jesus died on the cross so that those who put their faith in what He did can have their sins forgiven and taken away so they can live with Him.

As Jesus revealed the truth of man condition and the true God what He is like people must accept the truth as God does not ignore man free will if he cares for the truth to acknowledge his sin that he needs to repent and that he can not redeem himself whether he cares for the truth to truly accept God for who He is and the truth about what Jesus taught. So it is necessary to acknowledge the truth that has been preached as He alone is the way and the truth and the life and God requires faith in Him in what He did to please Him or you are guilty of sin of rejecting what is true and your only means of coming to God for there is not hope in anything else all the righteous from Abel and all prophets had faith in God messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
I believe salvation is a gift of God for anyone who chooses to believe no matter his works before if he now seeks to repent but that you have to seek it while you can to repent as you do not always have chance to repent. I only know it is for those who accepted to believed what He really taught to believe all that is essential but only He knows if person is accepted if they did not believe what He actually taught though they think He may have. But it is important to contend for faith because of the truth it’s importance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe salvation is a gift of God for anyone who chooses to believe no matter his works before if he now seeks to repent but that you have to seek it while you can to repent as you do only always have chance to repent. I only know it is for those who accepted to believed what He really taught to believe all that is essential but only He knows if person is accepted if they did not believe what He actually taught though they think He may have. But it is important to contend for faith because of the truth it’s importance.
That's quite a list of requirements for a free gift.

Salvation is: (quotes from your post)
1) "a gift of God for anyone who chooses to believe"
2) "if he now seeks to repent"
3) "but that you have to seek it while you can to repent"
4) "I only know it is for those who accepted to believed what He really taught"
5) "to believe all that is essential"
6) "only He knows if person is accepted"
7) "if they did not believe what He actually taught though they think He may have"
8) "But it is important to contend for faith because of the truth it’s importance"

Quite the house of cards balancing act. Who can be saved?

Romans 4:4-5 NIV
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s a free gift because you can’t earn it but does not mean it does not come with requirements to receive it properly.
Are you saying that Jesus' death and resurrection was somehow insufficient to save all of humankind? Did Jesus fail at his mission?

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Titus 2:11 ESV
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

1 John 4:14 NIV
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

• Winner
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's quite a list of requirements for a free gift.

Salvation is: (quotes from your post)
1) "a gift of God for anyone who chooses to believe"
2) "if he now seeks to repent"
3) "but that you have to seek it while you can to repent"
4) "I only know it is for those who accepted to believed what He really taught"
5) "to believe all that is essential"
6) "only He knows if person is accepted"
7) "if they did not believe what He actually taught though they think He may have"
8) "But it is important to contend for faith because of the truth it’s importance"

Quite the house of cards balancing act. Who can be saved?

Romans 4:4-5 NIV
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
Sadly, the biggest "house of cards" just may be putting 'your faith' in 'bible translations' that one thinks teach what Jesus actually taught.' :sigh: Three different Greek words all translated as 'hell'. Covid isn't the first illness affecting ones ability to smell a rat.

But your last post does have a list of verses that still enable one to at least question orthodoxy.

Thank you brother Steve for doing 'that'. :clap:

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,108.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus fulfilled His mission as He provided the means for everyone to be reconciled to Him. As He is holy and just He requires people to turn from their sins to choose Him. It does not mean He failed but that people are unworthy of Him if they do not want to accept what He has done to repent while they have opportunity as they can die while they are not repenting and seeking to follow Christ according to what they know is required to do His will such as knowing what they must do to grow towards it and how they can knowing where to learn to grow or they could lose opportunity.

As I explained before those verses show that God offered Himself for all the world sins to be saviour of all people if they come to Him. And God is saviour of all men especially believers also only in the sense that He listens also to non believers prayers if they are seeking His help on earth if they are seeking truth until they have opportunity to believe and after they do He only delivers them from some difficulties if they believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0