If you are a Christian, (this is a question for Christians only), do you think evolution occurs?

• Yes, evolution occurs.

• No, evolution does not occur.

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What mechanism exists to prevent Macroevolution yet allows microevolution?

Please define the difference between the two.

May get to that later. I'm at work right now. That okay with you Kylie?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
While as a Christian I believe Creation and Evolution CAN co-exist, I simply don't believe in Evolution in its own right. If someone could present some compelling evidence for evolution, I would convert sides, without shaking my faith in Christ in the least.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
While as a Christian I believe Creation and Evolution CAN co-exist, I simply don't believe in Evolution in its own right. If someone could present some compelling evidence for evolution, I would convert sides, without shaking my faith in Christ in the least.

What is it about the evidence for evolution you've seen that you find unconvincing? And what evidence would be enough to change your mind, hypothetically?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, here is a bit evidence that I like to offer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I would like to focus on our past discussion.

You can start by posting that amazing post your claimed you were preparing for me.

Hey hey

You wanted it, you shall have it :)
Give me a bit to proof read and double check things. I will be more than happy, most atheists arent so interested. :)

Edit
- check out my thread.

I retract this post

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would define evolution as changes in a life form due to mutations in their genetic code, leading to the success or failure (or neither) of the mutation, leading to the mutated creature having more success mating, therefore passing on the improved gene or no success, leading to the gene not being passed on. Or to put it simply, yes, changes in a life form over time.
It isn't all sex, reproduction. Asexual reproduction, such as binary fission and bulb offsets, are also successful means and can also mutate and evolve.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd just like to echo - what evidence has been presented that you don't find compelling?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Convenient definition of evolution for those unsure:
I voted NO, since what you are describing is macroevolution; and given the fact that college kids today deny the distinction of micro/macroevolution -- even to the point of ridiculing those who use it -- I think your poll deserves a NO.

In addition, since college kids deny evolution on a cosmic scale -- that is, evolution from particulate evolution to biological evolution -- this poll deserves a double NO.

College kids deny their own evolution, yet they expect us literalists to buy into the same philosophy they themselves won't buy into.

When they speak of evolution, they mean two things by default:

1. biological evolution
2. deep time changes

Evolution is a lie.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I voted NO, since what you are describing is macroevolution; and given the fact that college kids today deny the distinction of micro/macroevolution -- even to the point of ridiculing those who use it -- I think your poll deserves a NO.

In addition, since college kids deny evolution on a cosmic scale -- that is, evolution from particulate evolution to biological evolution -- this poll deserves a double NO.

College kids deny their own evolution, yet they expect us literalists to buy into the same philosophy they themselves won't buy into.

When they speak of evolution, they mean two things by default:

1. biological evolution
2. deep time changes

Evolution is a lie.

You do realise that there is no functional difference?

It's like saying people can walk across a room, but can't walk across a country. It's all just walking, it's just a matter of how far it goes.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's like saying people can walk across a room, but can't walk across a country. It's all just walking, it's just a matter of how far it goes.
Evolution says an ape leaves Boston for L.A. and arrives a human being.

Upvote 0

Terry61

Apr 27, 2019
Ontario
✟15,403.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Atavism proves evolution is a reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0