If you are a Christian, (this is a question for Christians only), do you think evolution occurs?

• Yes, evolution occurs.

• No, evolution does not occur.

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey 46and2 :)

Im waiting my dear :)

Just in case you forgot here is my last post to you

"Well... i disagree with much of what you said but hey im willing to be a fair sport. Lets start our own discussion and you can explain yourself in more detail. Would you like to start a fresh new discussion with me? How about you go on the offense? What have you got?"

You disagreed with my explanation of what I meant in my argument. Unless you are able to read minds, seems like a pretty silly position to take.

Furthermore, if you can't even accept what my personal intent of my arguments is, what is the point of discussing anything at all with you?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
its also true for any creature. we have no evidence that one kind of creature can evolve into something different. we only see variations of the same creature.

You don't understand how lots of little changes can add up to a big change?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
You don't understand how lots of little changes can add up to a big change?
so a lots of sand grains +time =?

elephant-sand-sculpture.jpg

(image from Fun at the Florida Beaches - How To Build A Sand Sculpture - Florida Travel Sleuth)

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How can a process be non random?

Because it is subject to certain external (blind) forces.
Like when 2 H atoms and an O atom come together to form a water molecule.

Filtering what?

Traits.

So why would you use a machine designed by human hand - created and designed to perform a task - as your example?

The machine itself is irrelevant. It's the process that matters in the analogy.
Kind of like a freezer. Inside, the process of "freezing" takes place. Just because the freezer is man made, doesn't mean that "freezing" is man made.

Its an example to show non-random behaviour using a machine that was designed and created.

No. It's just an example of non-random output in a process that uses random input, without any need for manual intervention.

Can you show me using an example of something which is non-random and not a created thing?

Any natural occuring chemical compound.
Like the formation of water molecules.

Or the direction of falling. It's not random that things fall down and not up.
Or the process of freezing - regardless of it taking place at the north pole or inside a man made freezer.

Your analogy so far cannot escape design

Again, learn how analogies work.

ie a coin machine created by human hand and designed to perform a process

The analogy is in the process.
Also, it's not a machine. It's just a bar with holes in it.

This is supposed to show a non random process by comparing it to a designed process?

No. It shows how you can get non-random output from random input, without any manual intervention.

Well show me then? What have you got to prove your case?

The process of evolution.
Genetic algoritms do exactly this.

Here's an example for you to handwave away: BoxCar2D

I was never taught evolution at school.

Shocking! :rolleyes:

Who is correct you or the authority on the subject which contradicts what you say? - remember that link you sent me?

That homosexuality is common in the animal kingdom, is an observable fact, no matter your denial.

"Bagemihl adds, however, that this is "necessarily an account of human interpretations of these phenomena".[7] Simon LeVay introduced caveat that "

[a]lthough homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities."

"Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."

"[8]One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[9][10] "About 10% of rams (males), refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."[10]"

Point remains. Homosexuality clearly isn't a human only thing.
You can keep sticking your head in the sand if you want though.

Why did you send me that link if it contradicts what you are saying?

It doesn't.

I refer you to the previous quotes from your page - you supplied me

Read the rest of the article.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Homosexual sex cannot result in reproduction show it is no use to the gene pool ie varitaions to pass on. Does that suggest from an evolutionary pov, homosexual is unnatural? Lets get into it? Give me details My dear that does not sound fair. You would leave me in the dark and not bring me to the light of your position. Im saddened!!! You have played chess with pidgeons? What a story. How about this one for you :) Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. What you think? Morality is made up of principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour. To be ethical, it is relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these. When we consider morality - which is the key word here - to reason right or wrong, a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning is needed. (.eg a statement or belief to compare an action to) Lets say i steal a small amount of money from you. You can reason to say i have made you a victim but i have not harmed you, i have not tricked you or injured you. We could suggest i have constructed a form of misfortune for you. We could suggest i took something from you without consent. How do you make a distinction for wrong behaviour and what principle serves for a chain of reasoning here? What is demonstrated everyday here? The power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgements logically. To use one's mind actively to form - interpret or view - considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions. Do you have no set principles or standard to compare a situation or behaviour to? What type or form of evidence would you require? Please be specific. So a comparison is still being made. There is an equal amount of objective evidence for both? I want you to show me how this is so? Give me an example of this? Do you know how to recognize evidence for God when you encounter it? What evidence do expect?

Just so you know: I'm really not going to dig into 5 more of your ginormous posts full of nonsense.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You disagreed with my explanation of what I meant in my argument. Unless you are able to read minds, seems like a pretty silly position to take.

Hey hey my dear :) I disagree with your explanation of events and i disagree with your position. I am still waiting for you to do, what you said you can do.

You cannot defend your position when challenged to it, your 'posit' is futile. I cannot read minds but i can read what you write and I record it for future discussion. :)

Furthermore, if you can't even accept what my personal intent of my arguments is, what is the point of discussing anything at all with you?

I have only disagreed with a leprechaun who can blind creationists to evolution. I disagree that you can posit this creature and that there is the same amount of evidence for God and creature you just invented.

Why do you not do what you said you can do? Why have you no motivation to defend your statement?

Cheers my atheist friend :)

• Haha
Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
self-organization mechanism. Biology does - it's called evolution.

Hey hey kylie my best atheist friend ;)

Would you like to join a discussion @Speedwell @sfs @Subduction Zone - he is a bit loose but will be back on track soon - @In situ are in?

Would you like a reset or is there something in our past discussions you would like to focus on?

Ill be honest im over long replies right now!

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,294.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Yes, I studied the theory from secondary school to university, and from what I gather there is sufficient evidence to show that it took place.
Why isn't the pattern of genetic evidence of living creatures and the corresponding fossils of ancient transitionals evidence?
Microevolution occurs. Macroevolution does not.
Often Creationists use different definitions to scientists, so to clarify, can you give an example of macro evolution that you think science proposes and you think is impossible?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Why isn't the pattern of genetic evidence of living creatures and the corresponding fossils of ancient transitionals evidence?

Often Creationists use different definitions to scientists, so to clarify, can you give an example of macro evolution that you think science proposes and you think is impossible?

Yes, I can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

@ralfyman said that there is sufficient evidence that evolution took place.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey hey kylie ;)

Wow you surprise me hahaha.

I thought we should have a break. Round 6. Where should we start?

Well, you kept promising me that you had this incredible response that you were working on.

How about you post that?

Or were you telling porky pies all those times you told me that you were preparing something wonderful for me?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey hey kylie my best atheist friend ;)

Would you like to join a discussion @Speedwell @sfs @Subduction Zone - he is a bit loose but will be back on track soon - @In situ are in?

Would you like a reset or is there something in our past discussions you would like to focus on?

Ill be honest im over long replies right now!

Yes, I would like to focus on our past discussion.

You can start by posting that amazing post your claimed you were preparing for me.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Microevolution occurs. Macroevolution does not.

What mechanism exists to prevent Macroevolution yet allows microevolution?

Please define the difference between the two.

Upvote 0