If you are a Christian, (this is a question for Christians only), do you think evolution occurs?

• Yes, evolution occurs.

• No, evolution does not occur.

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. :)

Ill give you another shot to redeem yourself.

I have disproved your creature ie you made it up recently and do not believe it exists in reality. I know God exists and have experienced Him.

My position is God is real and can be known. Your position is He is akin to your fictitious creature.

Where should we go from here?

Dont be shy and good luck with your busy schedule. :)

I don't care if you disagree or not. I know what my argument was, and it is not what you seem to think it was.

Let me know if you want to discuss the argument I actually made, rather than the one you invented for me.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I don't care if you disagree or not. I know what my argument was, and it is not what you seem to think it was.

Let me know if you want to discuss the argument I actually made, rather than the one you invented for me.

I disagree. What arguement do you think is relevant and we will discuss my dear :)

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. What arguement do you think is relevant and we will discuss my dear :)

I've explained it to you a dozen different ways. Not going to reword it again. If you really want to discuss it, you can review what I have already said.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I've explained it to you a dozen different ways. Not going to reword it again. If you really want to discuss it, you can review what I have already said.

My dear dont be shy. Please show me so we can continue, unless you cannot?

I know the discussion and what you said. We are stagnating!

Im calling you out!

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My dear dont be shy. Please show me so we can continue, unless you cannot?

I know the discussion and what you said. We are stagnating!

Im calling you out!

I have no interest in discussing the argument you invented for me, and clearly you have no interest in discussing mine. The stagnation lies with you. Whenever you want to discuss my actual position, I'd be happy to respond. Until then, I think we are done.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have no interest in discussing the argument you invented for me, and clearly you have no interest in discussing mine. The stagnation lies with you. Whenever you want to discuss my actual position, I'd be happy to respond. Until then, I think we are done.

Hey hey :)

46and2 - "I can also posit (.eg put forward as fact or as a basis for argument) that there is a being called a Lepricorn (a unicorn/leprechaun hybrid) who can blind creationists to the evidence of common ancestry)?"

That is your position, yes or no?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

46and2 - "I can also posit (.eg put forward as fact or as a basis for argument) that there is a being called a Lepricorn (a unicorn/leprechaun hybrid) who can blind creationists to the evidence of common ancestry)?"

That is your position, yes or no?

No. Because you took it out of context.

And you have continued to ignore the context ever since...

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
No. Because you took it out of context. And you have continued to ignore the context ever since...

Hey hey my dear :)

Help me to understand you correctly - i do not wish to be erroneous. ;)

So far we had a conversation where you argued that there is just as much proof for a creature you made up compared to God who is real to many.

You said you can posit it (.eg to put forward as fact or as a basis for argument.) Was posit the wrong choice of word?

You tried to label it a logical tautology, we discovered it was not. When faced with the actual meaning of a logical tautology you suggest the below.

46 - "You understand that this is an analogy, right?"

46 - "I'm doing so by way of metaphor."

Dont worry my dear, i record all our conversations. I know what you said and asked you many questions to explain what was meant.

Now you have explained yourself, i am challenging it. I want to test your statement. I have disproved your creature ie you made it up recently and do not believe it exists in reality. I know God exists and have experienced Him.

My position is God is real and can be known. Your position is He is akin to your fictitious creature.

46 - "In fact, all I did was directly change the subject of the argument (from god to lepricorn), and the ability of the subject (from logic defying, to creationist blinding). They are, for all intents and purposes, the exact same argument."

So how is it the same arguement?

You say now it is an analogy (.eg a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.)

Show me how a leprechaun (who can blind creationists to evolution) is a good comparison - and arguement - between the Christian God?

46 - "I CAN ....and IF I DID, it would be no different from somebody claiming that there exists a supernatural being who created the entire universe."

I am waiting for you to do what you said you can do?

Cheers my dear :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
There's no such thing as inherited homosexuality. A person is not gay because their parents were.

Not true. A gay person is still physically capable of having sex with a partner of the opposite sex, and even producing offspring.

Hey kylie :) our conversation will continue next week with the added subject matter which is 2 diferent subject giraffes and ear cannals. Homosexual reproduction.

You seemed to have missed the point.

Iam not talking about inherited homosexuality through reproduction.

Homosexual sex cannot result in reproduction, hence it is no use to the gene pool ie a homosexual man can not pass his genes or variations on, there is no one to pass them onto. What you think?

Cheers you diamond :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Homosexual sex cannot result in reproduction, hence it is no use to the gene pool ie a homosexual man can not pass his genes or variations on, there is no one to pass them onto.

Neither will people who die before breeding age or who simply never find a mate.
What of it?

What you think?

Nothing in particular.

Is there something specific you are hoping we are thinking?
Somehow, I get the feeling that you do.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey hey my dear :)

Help me to understand you correctly - i do not wish to be erroneous. ;)

So far we had a conversation where you argued that there is just as much proof for a creature you made up compared to God who is real to many.

No. I didn't. As I have repeatedly explained to you. You have entirely misrepresented my position. Even worse, you asked me in your previous post if you had my position correct, and I said point blank, NO. Then immediately afterward, you restate that it is my position, even after I have told you it is not.

I have shown you that how the argument that was first brought up by the person to whom I was responding was a tautology, and how my response was an analogy, AND a metaphor, AND therefore ALSO a tautology.

You have made no attempt to actually understand what it is I was trying to argue. Instead, you'd rather focus on the misrepresentation of what I'm arguing because you perceive it to be an easy argument to defeat. Well, no kidding it's an easy argument to defeat, because it is a strawman representation of my position. It's the entire point of making a strawman argument--they are easy to defeat. The problem is that it's entirely irrelevant to what I'm ACTUALLY presenting to you.

So, let's count up how many times you are factually incorrect and/or disingenuous in your summary of what wee have discussed. It's quite staggering:

1. No. I didn't.

You said you can posit it (.eg to put forward as fact or as a basis for argument.) Was posit the wrong choice of word?

2. No. I didn't. And no, it wasn't.

You tried to label it a logical tautology, we discovered it was not.

3. No. We didn't. And I elaborated quite fully, how it was a tautology.

When faced with the actual meaning of a logical tautology you suggest the below.

4. You imply that I didn't understand what a tautology is. When in reality, you are the one who does not. You even had to go look up the definition. Unfortunately, you stopped there. You didn't go on to read how there are many ways to structure a tautology, nor did you read the part which explained which structure I was using.

46 - "You understand that this is an analogy, right?"

5. You imply that I was backtracking on my claim of a tautology. I was not. It was both a tautology AND an analogy. And I explained this to you very clearly.

46 - "I'm doing so by way of metaphor."

6. Same error as #5.

Dont worry my dear, i record all our conversations. I know what you said and asked you many questions to explain what was meant.

7. You clearly do not know what I asked, nor did you even attempt to understand what was meant.

Now you have explained yourself, i am challenging it. I want to test your statement.

8. No, you want to test the statement that you made up for me. Not the statement I actually made.

I have disproved your creature ie you made it up recently and do not believe it exists in reality. I know God exists and have experienced Him.

9. No. I disproved my creature, as it was intended to be fictitious in the first place.

10. No. I have not made any statement in this entire conversation which indicates whether I claim god is real or not. You have simply made this assumption based on what I have put down for my religion indicator. I call myself an atheist, but I suspect that the way you would classify me would be agnostic, based on the way creationists usually define the terms. But that's another argument we will not get into.

46 - "In fact, all I did was directly change the subject of the argument (from god to lepricorn), and the ability of the subject (from logic defying, to creationist blinding). They are, for all intents and purposes, the exact same argument."

So how is it the same arguement?

11. I have already shown you multiple times, therefore I can only assume this question is disingenuous.

You say now it is an analogy (.eg a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.)

12. You imply that my argument has changed; that I am wiggling my way to a position I think I can defend better. This is not correct. It always was an analogy. It always was metaphor. It always was tautology. My position has remained as consistent as your defiance to understand it.

Show me how a leprechaun (who can blind creationists to evolution) is a good comparison - and arguement - between the Christian God?

13. Why would I do that? It was never my point.

46 - "I CAN ....and IF I DID, it would be no different from somebody claiming that there exists a supernatural being who created the entire universe."

14. Another statement taken out of context, complete with ellipses to boot.

I am waiting for you to do what you said you can do?

Cheers my dear :)

15. No, you are waiting for me to argue your strawman version of what I said.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey kylie :) our conversation will continue next week with the added subject matter which is 2 diferent subject giraffes and ear cannals. Homosexual reproduction.

You seemed to have missed the point.

Iam not talking about inherited homosexuality through reproduction.

Homosexual sex cannot result in reproduction, hence it is no use to the gene pool ie a homosexual man can not pass his genes or variations on, there is no one to pass them onto. What you think?

I think you didn't read my link. Please read post 753 again.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think you didn't read my link. Please read post 753 again.

Hey hey kylie :)

Please excuse me. Ill check out post 753 and will be responding to you next week. It will be fun!!!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Cya soon :)

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Neither will people who die before breeding age or who simply never find a mate.
What of it?

Nothing in particular.

Is there something specific you are hoping we are thinking?
Somehow, I get the feeling that you do.

Hey hey tmoney :)

Wow you must be itching for a discussion with me. Looks like i have peaked your curiosity, i like it!

How about this, hang around and you will see where iam going we all this. Dont worry, next week you will have a long post to go over. You will love it!

Cya soon my new friend. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
No. I didn't. As I have repeatedly explained to you. You have entirely misrepresented my position. Even worse, you asked me in your previous post if you had my position correct, and I said point blank, NO. Then immediately afterward, you restate that it is my position, even after I have told you it is not.

I have shown you that how the argument that was first brought up by the person to whom I was responding was a tautology, and how my response was an analogy, AND a metaphor, AND therefore ALSO a tautology.

You have made no attempt to actually understand what it is I was trying to argue. Instead, you'd rather focus on the misrepresentation of what I'm arguing because you perceive it to be an easy argument to defeat. Well, no kidding it's an easy argument to defeat, because it is a strawman representation of my position. It's the entire point of making a strawman argument--they are easy to defeat. The problem is that it's entirely irrelevant to what I'm ACTUALLY presenting to you.

So, let's count up how many times you are factually incorrect and/or disingenuous in your summary of what wee have discussed. It's quite staggering:

1. No. I didn't.

2. No. I didn't. And no, it wasn't.

3. No. We didn't. And I elaborated quite fully, how it was a tautology.

4. You imply that I didn't understand what a tautology is. When in reality, you are the one who does not. You even had to go look up the definition. Unfortunately, you stopped there. You didn't go on to read how there are many ways to structure a tautology, nor did you read the part which explained which structure I was using.

5. You imply that I was backtracking on my claim of a tautology. I was not. It was both a tautology AND an analogy. And I explained this to you very clearly.

6. Same error as #5.

7. You clearly do not know what I asked, nor did you even attempt to understand what was meant.

8. No, you want to test the statement that you made up for me. Not the statement I actually made.

9. No. I disproved my creature, as it was intended to be fictitious in the first place.

10. No. I have not made any statement in this entire conversation which indicates whether I claim god is real or not. You have simply made this assumption based on what I have put down for my religion indicator. I call myself an atheist, but I suspect that the way you would classify me would be agnostic, based on the way creationists usually define the terms. But that's another argument we will not get into.

11. I have already shown you multiple times, therefore I can only assume this question is disingenuous.

12. You imply that my argument has changed; that I am wiggling my way to a position I think I can defend better. This is not correct. It always was an analogy. It always was metaphor. It always was tautology. My position has remained as consistent as your defiance to understand it.

13. Why would I do that? It was never my point.

14. Another statement taken out of context, complete with ellipses to boot.

15. No, you are waiting for me to argue your strawman version of what I said.

Hey hey 46and2 my dear :)

Well... i disagree with much of what you said but hey im willing to be a fair sport. Lets start our own discussion and you can explain yourself in more detail.

Would you like to start a fresh new discussion with me? How about you go on the offense?

What have you got?

Cheers my delicious new friend :)

• Haha
Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hey hey tmoney :)

Wow you must be itching for a discussion with me. Looks like i have peaked your curiosity, i like it

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel good about yourself, I guess.

How about this, hang around and you will see where iam going we all this. Dont worry, next week you will have a long post to go over. You will love it!

As usual, not holding my breath.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel good about yourself, I guess.

As usual, not holding my breath.

I agree. Please dont hold your breath. Next week is still some time away. :)

I feeeeeeeel good!

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are really convinced that your religion is incompatible with the very fundaments of biology, then it is your religion that is incorrect - not the fundaments of biology. Biology is demonstrably pretty accurate.

Evolution is not fundaments of biology, you don't even need evolution to be good in that area, and its a lie, we have a soul and spirit compatible with our body that means God made us.

Upvote 0