• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I reckon the very best art is when the artist took spirituality, science/proven knowledge, religion and psychology, her story, his story, young, old, healthy, ill, and above all our respective cultures and education into account when we ponder our humanity down here.

like Brazil’s street artist Paulo Ito's painting for example
View attachment 201718

Artist Paulo Ito's portrayal of how culture loves sport while ignoring the needs of the people is a powerful one. At the Rio Olympics, visitors were astounded at the extreme poverty they were seeing all around them. For me, @Jeshu, I sorta love the in-your-face type of hip hop dancing, which is a street based style that is meant to convey a message in and of itself of rebellion against oppression:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fbce92439a7fb8d1dea78b24aadcc560--prayer-of-healing-prayer-for-emotional-healing.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Totally gorgeous! Thank you, @Wayholka. The colors are just like the evening glow of a moon lit behind the rain clouds. Your eyes are closed and peaceful, your arms outstretched to receive the purity and goodness of G_ds graciousness raining down upon you.

He washes us clean

Let it rain

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu, you expressions remind me of this image that was shared with us by @fragilewingz as drawn by Artist Shawn Cross. Small and defenseless against a bigger person who is verbally abusing you, the love not apparent, but instead a monster develops inside ones own mind as a result, don't you think?

View attachment 201741

Yes it really has been like that in my life I'm afraid. Perhaps even worse than just a monster as in the drawing - it was bloody satan in my life - that horrific abomination ruling sinful life down here bringing desolation and destruction! The devil ruling my life in misery because of the lies I believed about God, myself and others as direct result of the evil satan brought into my life lying to otherse and making them delight hating me so much that they hurt and perverted me big time, bringing massive destruction upon my young life as a direct result of their horrible actions.

An added problem was that the lies ruling my mum and dad, through their religious and worldly upbringing, didn't help matters whatsoever at the time, and had me hiding my trauma from them, my siblings, and even from God, thinking our loving Heavenly Father was as loveless and untrue as I met in so many people down here, as well as in myself. And so at the tender ager of eleven my trust in God and people had been completely eroded though I pretended I didn't suffer from that to hide and protect my own loveless and judgmental eyes and mind ruling me from within mot realizing it was my tormentor.

This gave the abomination that got hold of me through this very traumatic, loveless cruel, mean and violent experience in my life the chance to claim godhead in my heart for many years. With as consequence that I who was trying to fight sin lost all the time and was served guilt, shame and fear, and i stuck with having to sin became as loveless and cruel as my enemies had been, and i who loved God, and other betrayed love daily heeding that loveless liar in my guilty conscience keeping me away from God's grace in Christ and deliverance from sin and talking everyone black all the time. Life brings the most awful times believing lies like this let me assure you.

Indeed it has been very difficult finding salvation in Christ not understanding that my gone wrong emotions were directly caused by my sexual assault, and that me trying so hard to suppress them, as I had all these years, not only meant I kept loosing the battle when I suffered psychosis, but also made things much worse within my heart because of the guilt, shame, fear and all the loveless crap satan forced me to consume as my daily bread - all because loveless deeds forced upon me as a kid ruled my heart instead of the truth of our Lord Jesus, though i knew His Name and I believed His Word, I didn't know Him or understood what salvation really meant in all His fullness.

So yes I know that monster in the drawing very well.
the_liar.jpeg

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been encouraged by our beloved sister @u2spicy to share some photos, so here we go:

I seem to have some issues with displaying all the images although the links are valid. If you right click on the little missing picture icon and open it in a new tab it should open fine, at least it does for me.

I will sort the images based on the theme. They were all taken with my Nikon D3100 with various lenses that best suited the situation. Mostly i used Nikon and Tamron macro 300mm lens, for the celestial themed images a 800mm telephoto lens was used and for the portrait an all-around 18–55mm Nikon lens was used. The focus may be off a bit on some of the pictures, i prefer to do all my pictures on manual control and the Lord knows my eyesight is not what it used to be...

1.) Nature theme

I took this picture in May of this year as i was exploring our garden. The image composition is a bit off as it tends to draw the eye a little to the bottom right side.

another papilon image, this time i cropped it to get the interesting composition right.

A bee on a yellow flowery bush. What is interesting here are the contrasts between small—large, complex structure—simple structure as can be seen on the background with its dicromatic hue and the complexity on the flower buds vs simplicity of the petals and on the bee we can see the same pattern, complex, detailed body and relatively simple wings. The petals on the flower resemble that of the bee's wings. The curvative of the background and the flower stem also complement each other, although from the composition's perspective it would be better if the stem were flipped on the right by the y axis so there would be a vertical connection between the light green patch's curve and the stem's curve.

Made this one for my wallpaper. Very straightforward and simple, the contrast between light—dark and simple—complex structure is easily seen. The curve of the tree trunk also complements the spherical patterns in the background. The colors are natural relaxing and the ratio between light—dark is closely to the golden ratio of 1: square root.

A flower. probably one of my most favourite subjects to shoot. A contrast between dark and light hues is easily seen, also the little yellow petals on the bud resemble in shape the pinky hued flower petals. This one was taken for desktop background wallpaper, too.

Bright flower. I like this one as its so bright and warm. The colors are really uplifting and serene at the same time. Like a sunlight that warms you when you need some warmth. The composition is straightforward, with a diagonal line from upper left to bottom right, placing both flowers in a cascade order and another line that flows across the flower in the front plane, from top right to about three quarters on the bottom left side, poising the flower in its orientation toward light. This flower grows in not so lighted part of our garden, so the shadows are very soft.

A picture of two purple cone flowers. The interesting part is a contrast between color values, they range from dark to light and has nice, bright colors. As a side note the flower is highly valued for its medicinal properties, if you chop it on small pieces, both the bud and petals together and add some sugar and leave it to mellow on the sun for a month and then pour and sift the liquid that is extracted by the process into a jar and add honey mead you get an excellent liquor that is very good at boosting the immune system against the cold. Just don't tell the FDA or try to sell it as a healing remedy or the state might send you on a nice vacation for a few years.. :)

Another flower for background wallpaper.. The simple and monotone background accentuates the motif and the flower is like on a center stage, basking in light and attention. The composition is central and a bit boring, but because of that a nice light—dark contrast in the background hue is created.

An interesting flower, its colours are soft and because of the high aperature (f/5.6) the depth of field (blurriness) gives it a dimension and makes it look like it wants to jump at you and hug you.

A rose. Quite simple composition, the eye can trace two lines coming from the middle left corner and from the bottom and flow into the red flower, which takes a center stage, slanted slightly to the right to balance the composition. I did slightly balance the lightness on this one.

A little daisy in a hug of grass field. It has a nice light—dark gradient in the background and the petal is nicely balanced by the grass leaves on the bottom. Simple and cute, like daisy is.

This one i have posted before. Its a rose that is contrasted by the little halo above it. That halo comes from the reflection of a metallic pole that is part of the roof drainage system.

This one, too was posted before. I had a high aperature (f/5.6) when i took the image and the background was lit by sunlight so it is exceedingly bright, but as it is blurred it complements the image and makes it lighter.

A lily of some sort if i am not mistaken. the sunlight came through some branches so the flower is unevenly lit which gives it its depth and makes it mysterious. Interesting to note is also the similarity between the closed flower bud on the right and the flower's stamen parts (those tentacle-like structures sprouting from the bud).

A simple yellow-white flower. The composition is left-leaning with a few strands of leaves leaning on the right that balances it out.

A picture of golden yellow flower bush that is in its bright moment. This one isn't mine, the credit goes to my brother.

Red Ribes. This year was abundantly growing and many jars of Ribes jam and juice were made :)
Sadly its a bit blurry.

This one i really like, the contrast between high saturated colours and very quiet and soft background tones make it stand out. The depth of field also adds an interesting dimension to the image, one can see the 3d effect as those leaves in the background really look like they are not on the same plane as the sunflower. I'd say its one of my best photos so far.

Our second cat, named sitnca in our tongue (means annoyance as the cat wont leave you alone, especially as i try to shoot some photos he would bump into me and make me loose focus... and if i ignore it and leave it alone he would start climbing on my legs with his claws drawn just to get my attention.. he is a fine cat, though. Lost his eye in a catfight, poor fellow). I like the contrast between the background and the cat (light–dark) and the yellow eye adds an additional touch to the image as it nicely complements the blueish tone of a background.

So much for nature theme.. Lets move to the people and architecture theme.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Continuing to People and architecture theme

well lets start with my home town, Skofja Loka (its not Ljubljana :p). Its an old town, a little over 1000 years old and used to be bishoporic (bishops would rule the town under the lordship of the archbishop of Freising, Bavaria, Germany). The image is not as good as i would like but its the only one i have.

The town of Skofja Loka on the December's morning.

Another view of the same town. The overcast weather makes for the dramatic, contrasting lighting.

we are still in Skofja Loka. I like this one, its simple and the eye is drawn to the beautiful french style balcony with the soft and slightly bright window as it is reflecting the morning light. The picture was taken in the last summer at around 8 o'clock in the morning.

a friend of mine that does wood carvings for living. You can see some of her work as pieces of jewelry.
She just bought that poncho-style coat and was all happy to pose for me.

A picture of her woodcarving with a lace star in the middle. The wood carving was exhibited in several galleries and was very well received by many visitors from all parts of the world. The lace was done by another sweet lady. Her family is in lace business for over a hundred years (as a credit to them, their names are Petra Plestenjak Podlogar and Mili Primozic, in order of appearance).

Another lady that makes plush toys and home accessories had a market stand with these cute and funny puppets.

a Czech medieval reenaction group was a guest star on an event that is held every year in this town.

Another image of their show. Was fun to watch, they really did clobber one another, not with full force, mind you but still enough that was fun to watch.

The picture of me holding a small rosary in my hand. Was tricky to hold my hand like that and shoot at the same time.

This ends the people and architecture theme. On to the landscape theme.

A waterfall in a remote place. A friend who is a blacksmith showed us the natural wonders of his backyard.

A picture of the landscape near where i live. It was taken at a late hour and there are nice layering effects when one looks at the trees and hills. The nearest plane is darker and the further away one goes it gets lighter and in less detail.

That's about landscapes, on to my celestial theme.

A picture of the moon on a slightly cloudy night. The image is unfortunately blurred, but its an interesting image nontheless.

This one was taken while there was still a day so i desaturated it to grey tones as the blue hues lacked the contrast. I also upped the contrast so it gets more pronounced.

That's it, for today. Thanks for staying with me and God bless :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please Kiss The Son!

I see lies shaping your heart and soul within.
Why continue to deny Him the right to live?
Please kiss the Son lest He be angry!
The Truth is a fire for the dark and secretive!

Don't you fear grilling His Hell forever more?
Seeing His Good Life was lost because of you?
Please kiss The Son lest He be angry!
Letting His loving truth redeem you too!

Also you His Holy Name to praise for aye!
Seeds of truthful love inside of you growing.
Please kiss The Son lest He be angry!
Redeeming Love like living waters flowing.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes being told to 'Think Positively' simply doesn't cut it.

View attachment 201997

So true as a matter of fact it can cut so much worse when this is not possible! At least it was like that in my life as in your drawing.
The good thing?

Meeting Jesus has the lame walk

so arise bro and go bare feet. Aboriginal people Down Under here used to, and some still do, in touch with THE DIRT in the Right Way I reckon. No cost whatsoever and you know what? Dirt heals all kind of things when trampled on.

(Ha ha eat dust satan!)

have a nice day friend good to meet other people who understand how crappy the god of this cruel world really is and demonstrate it.

Love your art! Says so much more than words then and then....

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This reminds me of past traumas in an unstable household with an alcoholic father and a neurotic control freak mother. While they almost never physically harmed me, I still could not mentally handle all the tension and chaos.

that constant chaos and drama are felt to be so much worse than physical assaults, bc the pain lasts much longer. Many of us DV survivors experience this-its so much better to just get hit or punched as the pain goes quickly away, but the screaming, yelling, emotional abuse and verbal insults and belittling scar for life

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@Jeshu, you expressions remind me of this image that was shared with us by @fragilewingz as drawn by Artist Shawn Cross. Small and defenseless against a bigger person who is verbally abusing you, the love not apparent, but instead a monster develops inside ones own mind as a result, don't you think?

View attachment 201741

in PTSD sometimes that very monster is the person that you did not know you could be (such things as war can trigger this)... that is what jordan peterson said and it makes sense to me.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
is the person that you did not know you could be

describe or draw or show us an image from google that expresses what your monster looks like or how you feel when you are "the monster."

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@u2spicy I cannot thank you enough for starting this thread. I have this compulsion to keep writing so that my mind could relax from all the thoughts that keep flowing through... so journals. i don't know how many i've filled up since 2012.. but i would write/draw on ANYTHING. I've got memory problems so once an idea passes by i have to capture it before I forget... i do have a sketchbook as well. but i suck at sketching.

@fragilewingz who are you doing lately? have you created any art or do yo have any ones art to share with us?

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@fragilewingz who are you doing lately? have you created any art or do yo have any ones art to share with us?
hi @u2spicy .

Been really busy preparing for my daughter's 7th birthday (just finished making her Moana costume, invitations, birthday banner and cake toppers last week):dizzy: suuper tired and there's still so much to be done.
How are you? This thread is still going strong. I haven't had the chance to browse the past posts properly but they all seem amazingly good. Here's my latest contribution. I painted it last night (acrylic on canvas) from 10pm-midnight because I was feeling really empty/lonely at work
IMG_20170802_092116_872.jpg

It's polynesian inspired and not completely finished.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hi @u2spicy .

Been really busy preparing for my daughter's 7th birthday (just finished making her Moana costume, invitations, birthday banner and cake toppers last week):dizzy: suuper tired and there's still so much to be done.
How are you? This thread is still going strong. I haven't had the chance to browse the past posts properly but they all seem amazingly good. Here's my latest contribution. I painted it last night (acrylic on canvas) from 10pm-midnight because I was feeling really empty/lonely at workView attachment 203486
It's polynesian inspired and not completely finished.

I absolutely LOVE it! Looks like a cool mix of urban and exotic

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0