• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dying In Him.
The desolation is crushing
i feel forsaken and alone.
My faith has dimmed
to an all time low.
No inspiration
to make it better.
Just raw negativity
eating my reserves away.
i couldn't care less
what to do about it.
i've lost my will to fight
the good fight.
i've lost my will to change
for the better.
hopelessly defeated
i look on.
Watching myself destroy
the rest of my good life.
Taking in bad life
by the bucket loads.

This is where i'm at in life
not sure when the mood will pass.
i'm just a worm
not deserving of good life.
To be trodden on by the wicked
hurting hell out of me.
Still i know that Christ died for me
loves me even when i'm like this.
It doesn't make it any easier
me hurting hell into Him.
Wish i could just run out of steam
breathe my last and die.
At least i wouldn't feel
so cut of from my God.
Dying His death in me
being as i am now.
Dying His death in me
bringing me new life.
Dying His death in me
is the only way out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lost Friendship.
i tried to love him true
but he wouldn't budge
He kept me at bay
He ignored my pleas
He broke our bond
He simply disappeared.

Brothers outside of love
That is what we are
The loss so real
Rejection always hurts
The whys not answered
The silence deafening.

What keeps us apart?
Are it not malicious lies!
Sin living between us!
Didn't God call us both?
Call us into His delight!
Call us to have fellowship!

Untrue love has hold of him
That was the problem all along.
Has he now succumbed again?
Oh when can i find rest?
Rest from fearing for him
captivated by unfaithful love?

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lost Friendship.
i tried to love him true
but he wouldn't budge
He kept me at bay
He ignored my pleas
He broke our bond
He simply disappeared.

Brothers outside of love
That is what we are
The loss so real
Rejection always hurts
The whys not answered
The silence deafening.

What keeps us apart?
Are it not malicious lies!
Sin living between us!
Didn't God call us both?
Call us into His delight!
Call us to have fellowship!

Untrue love has hold of him
That was the problem all along.
Has he now succumbed again?
Oh when can i find rest?
Rest from fearing for him
captivated by unfaithful love?
Is this how u felt for a time?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this how u felt for a time?

This is how i have been feeling lately because of a rift between me and a dear brother struggling with repetitive sins. For a long time we have kept contact and explored the weaknesses and strengths of this brother fighting his sin. i prayed for him and shared him my experiences fighting such sin and he fought his sin bravely but then we got broken apart in our effort to him overcoming this sin. He left me behind feeling saddened and wondering how satan got in between us so easily. This brother chose to stay in contact with his unfaithful love but break of contact with me. i have been mourning his decision ever since. It can be painful supporting someone who has fallen but it encourages me to pray more fervently for them yet, for i know how miserable life is of those captivated by wilful sin.

On the bright side of things i got a message of a brother yesterday who i hadn't heard from for ages. He is also struggling with repetitive sins and is often deeply depressed, at times suicidally so. So i had been wondering of i was praying for someone who was dead but now i know he is still alive and still needs my prayers.

i suppose supporting hurting people has its ups and downs as well.

How are you going? Do you feel you have made progress in getting into closer contact with Jesus? i sincerely hope so. Life is hard under the oppressive yoke of the wicked. i know all about that.

Peace.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 124:6-8 - Blessed be the LORD, who has not given us as prey to their teeth! We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped! Our help is in the Name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

This psalm begins with the words, "If it had not been the LORD who was on our side ... when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive" (Psalm 124:1-3). That is a very big "if"! When enemies rose up against Israel, the people cried out to God and He delivered them. If the Lord had not intervened, they would have been swept away, wiped from the face of the earth.

We are well-acquainted with the "ifs" and "what ifs" of life. Some are spoken with relief (as the psalmist does) and other "ifs" are expressed with regret. Although we trust in God and His deliverance, we cannot always fully understand or accept the circumstances of our trouble. Martha, grieving the death of her brother Lazarus, said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died" (John 11:32b). But Jesus was there, and He was on their side! He had plans for Lazarus that Martha and her sister Mary could never have imagined.

The greatest "if" we know in life, as Martha knew, is death. But there is nothing really uncertain about it. All of us will face death at some point, unless our Lord returns first. For us, death is like a net, a snare that we would never escape if the Lord was not on our side. Yet before we knew what we faced, before we cried out for help, Jesus came to rescue us. He did not simply reach down to remove the net. Jesus allowed the net and snare of sin and death to entangle and entrap Him. He carried our sins in His own body on the cross as the snare of death wrapped itself around Him, taking His life.

Then, on the first Easter morning, Jesus burst out of that encircling snare of death! At the empty tomb, the angel proclaimed, "He is not here, for He has risen, as He said" (Matthew 28:6a). We have Jesus' promise, "Because I live, you also will live" (John 14:19b). We will face many troubles, many "what ifs" in life. But there is a very important "if" to remember: "If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:31b-32). Jesus overcame death and He has promised that through faith in His Name, we too will rise bodily from death when He returns on the Last Day. Jesus will shred the net of death, and with the psalmist we will rejoice, "The snare is broken, and we have escaped!"

Mighty, risen Lord, shelter me with Your love until I rise to live in Your presence forever. Amen.

Escaped!

I read things that are uplifting. These are helpful as my experiences in life are otherwise depressing if I just let them be. But what I really have to not go that way is finding meaning in my being here with this life, and I find creativity in myself and try having artistic expression in my creativity, through my own writing. It was not really great at first. But I see the creativity developing as I have continued, and it becomes much greater. This shows meaning in my life for me, and I know the Creator from whom all things come is to be thanked for that.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorite haikus I wrote:

A meat eating bee
Searching everything and me
Over and over.

it helps me to observe nature and to form words that I think are good. It makes me feel creative and like I’m doing something.
It’s only a little life, a little bite or step, but it’s within my power and it helps me feel better. I feel like I have accomplished something good. No one has tried to take that away from me and probably can’t. I doesn’t take much!

If I add a good thing to a good thing I have a stronghold that endures however long and fights back at the weight of darkness. Creating hurts so good, but I can get positive about it. It’s like trusting a person and being yourself and letting it flow, an outlet that continues to present itself and grow.

Thanks to the author of this thread and all the fine people and all the fine creations on here.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Creator, Yahweh, unlimited essential being, made all of the heavens and this earth, at the beginning, and it was not a world of suffering. As the Creator is perfect with perfect goodness, so this was in the Creator's creation from the beginning. Yahweh made the light and separated it from darkness, Yahweh made the skies with the atmosphere and separated waters with it, Yahweh made the land with separating it from seas, Yahweh made the plants including the great trees, Yahweh made the sun, the moon, and all the celestial bodies, Yahweh made all the creatures of the seas, Yahweh made all the creatures that fly in the skies, Yahweh made all the land-dwelling creatures, and Yahweh made humanity, with humans to reflect the image of the Creator. It was all good. Humans were given responsibilities in this world, to care for it with stewardship of the Creator's world, as it is the Creator's creation. There was no suffering in this, there was not any death with the world as Yahweh made it, this way. And Yahweh took the first humans, and put them in the garden in this world that was the perfect environment for them, and the creatures with them, and it would be for their children. This was made for it to always last this way.

When the first of humanity had been cast out from the garden in their world which had the perfect design for them and those in there, with the rebellion of iniquity, the creatures who were inhabitants there having fellowship with humanity and among each other were shown great changes were now happening, which wasn't all their doing.

The Creator, Yahweh, then cast the first of humanity, who would be parents to all subsequent humanity, out from the garden that was provided for being the perfect habitat for them and the creatures there with them that they were to have friendly fellowship with. They were left with skins for protection, with it never shown where those came from or how Yahweh provided those to them, as they went on through the world left to them now with thorns and thistles present, and growing problems, with death approaching continuously, and more so later. They and their children after them needed to provide for themselves for their needs, for food and clothing in the world they now had with occasional discomforts, including the colder surroundings they had every night, and when change of seasons happened whenever it was that it would come. They did what they could to keep growing the edible vegetation around for food. But more for clothing was needed, at least for much of the time, for the children they had and for all the times they grew more. So it was that certain animals were kept, sheep were most useful then for gathering wool cut off from them, for weaving material for more clothing.

Yahweh still drove all people to recognize the Creator from all that there still was from the provision. There are more ways than just one to know there is God. Direct revelation is one way, there is the testimony of others to show revelation that came to them additionally, and all could still see there is God behind all the creation, still.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With the original flocks kept for provision for material to wear, and acknowledging the need of provision from God, sacrifice from flocks kept began, for calling on God and worship of God.

There were ways of understanding what God would be, from the earliest times then. Ideas of what God is has been discussed since, still. What is the essence of God? How would we define whatever that essence is?

There was always necessary existence, that there is existence at all. Necessary existence, being necessary truly, is not limited, as limitations are arbitrary and what is truly necessary is not limited, so anything of necessary existence is infinite in extent, and is eternal, being truly necessary. Ability to create, infinitely without limit, is part of that, as the Creator is the necessary existence from which all creation, the contingent existence, is from. The Creator is not material, as we can see material existence is not everywhere and it has limitations. But what we see as abstract of the reality are characteristics of the Creator, the goodness of the Creator, without limit, consisting of justice, love, compassion, mercy, knowledge, and wisdom. And the Creator, God, is personal in being, without being limited in that.

Such writing as this I show through a blog on this forum site. And I show further writing in other sites.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sacrifices started and at some time became more regular, though among the people God was not always remembered in sacrifices being made. Meat from animals had not been permitted, and people still ate from what had been sown and gathered in the fields, by the sweat of the many working there, and animals were kept for having wool for materials and clothing that was desired, and the gathered grains, vegetables and fruits were still better than what was farmed for later. Some had lust for the flesh of sacrificed animals though.

Some were using sacrifices of certain animals from flocks kept for material and clothing they would have, for occasion to get cooked flesh, the meat, to eat, while others in general still did not. While the Creator still had not revealed permission to have anything from animals of the creation for food, the practice of having flesh from kept animals with making sacrifices by fire continued. As the years went by, it got so bad that some children and acquired victims were taken for sacrifice by fire too. And there were cases of cannibalism then. Such wickedness had come.

• Informative
Upvote 0