• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what this pain wracked body and mind looks forward to every day. A glorified body in the twinkle of an eye.

pic%201_zpsiqifpshf.jpg

Awesome, He is on His Way! Soon now!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Describing meeting the living truth of God right within my inner world of being.

Armageddon.

In my inner world life died everywhere,
famine taking what sword had left behind.
Brim and hailstones flattening what stood up,
no escape from the carnage I could find.

Awed I saw Jesus the evil fight,
turning my world into a battleground.
I saw billows of smoke rising up high,
rolling thunder through my world rebound.

I watched as scorpions paraded my soul,
stinging those godless in their lust.
Massive grasshoppers devouring all my good,
fierce horses trampling me to dust.

I saw much of my greenery burn-up,
fleets of cargo ships sadly perish.
Daily trade coming to an abrupt hold,
ungodly rulers wrong to cherish.

I saw the Dragon reigning his subjects,
watched the numbered die like flies.
I heard the false prophet's constant lying,
demons smearing God's love with lies.

It was the blood drinking prostitute,
which flabbergasted me the most.
Unfaithfulness killing God's chosen,
with fiery death she was deposed.

I saw my world's kingdom going down,
ruling Babylon fall in one day.
With two thirds of my world wiped out,
I watched true Peace coming to stay.

And so watching God's own safely at home,
I finally let my tears run dry.
Seeing Jesus arising on the clouds,
I joined the Hallelujah cry.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Hate Evil Good!

Hateful feelings burning my life to waste.
Pronouncing evil judgments with deadly haste.
Fueling fires lighting heart and mind a blaze.
Wrongful words incinerating my every gaze.

Disrespectfully tearing all God's good down.
Evil robbing through my flesh my golden crown.
Burning hate ravening all my Good Life within.
Very happily befriending those doers of sin.

Obliterating all Goodness such a deadly deed.
Strangling forces from my lifeblood will feed.
Only seeking my demise so death me will win!
Burning those whom I love the most within.

I will not always suffer evil and their crime.
hate and evil can also have a hell of a time.
evil hating a Lake Of Fire sautéing obediently.
The Wicked ones frying their own evil iniquity!

wickeddestroyed.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The artist's brush I used most of my life was my body and here is a demo of the type of movement I used to express myself as Choreographed and danced by Maria Edner and Sofia Birging.

Today I picked this dance to Bittersweet Symphony as it reminds me of all the posts I read here about all of us and our struggles together: Life is bitter sweet!

I used to love that song (my player didn't work so I hadn't viewed it yet,) however I found a better taste than bitter sweet!

This is my testimony of our Lord! His Bread taste GREATEST and His Blood washes even worst stains witter than snow, while in His Spirit of loving truth He brings living waters quenching thirst and bringing to New Life even the most scorched desolation within my reality!

All Glory to Jesus!

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Jeshu you have so many writings and are so well versed at it too. Do you place these in a notebook? What kind do yo have?

@fragilewingz How are you doing? You came to mind today when I saw a young woman laying off to the side by a growth of trees by the beach. She was laying on her stomach on a little blanket she brought and writing into a small sketch pad looking book.

She was alone and looked like she planned to be alone at the beach.

It was such a lovely place for her to be, as there was a gentle breeze off the lake and there were copious amounts of waves washing to shore making a gentle soothing crash into the soul, driving out any distress with each breaking wave...

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu you have so many writings and are so well versed at it too. Do you place these in a notebook? What kind do yo have?

Thanks for the compliment. When I write my poems I don't know if they are nice or not! It is just that I see a moment, or live a reality so clearly thatthen the words simply pop up into lines and I write them down, usually in one sitting. And then i chop, refine and order things in perspective, and poem done. Hard to claim ownership of such a gift I reckon.

I don't write much during my depressed times simply because i haven't got the energy nor will power to put my reality down. Also because my pondering on my reality triggers to badly I'm always so very sensitive when I write, not a good combination, best be spaced out/sleeping when depressed. However I hope to be able to expose these parts of reality as well one day when I'm strong enough to go back there without getting drawn in that hole as is often now.

I do think depressed people have an extremely important and urgent stuff to share with those people who don't know the great desolation in their lives yet. For without a doubt all shall taste desolation be it sooner or later.

I believe in The End all people will have to travel back through time and pick themselves back up again where they lost themselves, shedding the lies they became along the Way. For wrong came into their lives be it through their own deeds or the deeds of other, but not through any fault of themselves, nor God - for we were all born completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

The desolation is what following loveless lies ruling life down here, and those who love good to be suffer this - hence depression runs a muck among caring people in a loveless world. Though often it didn't seem like that at first to me and I always blamed myself for wrong and sin, in the end it were mainly the attitudes, morals, values, rules, traditions I picked up from all around - especially my religious upbringing was a big culprit here, that got stuck into me for being not good enough, too different, radical, or whatever other label the lies ruling have invented down here to bring people like me and us down and belittle them and deny them the right to be themselves and have pride in being images of Our Heavenly Father in real life.

This is what caused us to sin so badly and do things wrong we wouldn't have done that otherwise surely? I know sin/wrong is passed on both through our DNA and through the lies and loveless deeds of other people. and that after wrong is done to us that we also often became like that because such wrongs dwell now in us as well. This is how satan divided us - even within our own inner dwelling place.

That is why I long for His Love to Rule Over All!

I wrote this poem when I understood this about my reality in depression

Twice Blinded

What destroyer, where would he be?
The deadly snake bite I didn't see!
Still part of myself was dragged away,
held captive there by wicked sway,
all the lies sown in my soul,
day by day taking control,
feeding my life lies and misery,
my good times became history.

Bringing thoughts and feelings around,
which are in no way sound,
rather inner kings cruel and strong,
those worldly ways so very wrong,
raising Babylon in all her might,
holding me captive in my fright,
denying grace to rule my ways,
mocking God in His face.

Horse hooves trampling my soul,
grass-hoppers devouring all,
scorpion stings stinging,
famine upon famine bringing,
brimstone burn everything to ash,
massive hailstones me to smash,
the darkness ever growing close,
for the goats got me by the nose.

So working for another's bread,
God's loving truth I forget,
thinking my world would always stink,
driving my good life to the brink,
yet there at the bottom of my might,
I finally began to see the light..,
..Jesus, whom I bring so much grief,
when I have that liar as my chief!

And so The Truth did shine on me!
His Spirit alive in my heart to see!
Oh what blinding light I saw there?
God's goodness displayed everywhere!
His love washing me white as snow!
His loving truth inside my life to flow!
Oh Lamb of God forever to be praised!
For from the dead I have been raised!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I store my writings all over the place. I have a file - years long - full of prayers - I was mostly of the planet then and learned to understand much praying to God like that. I also have a file with all my poems on it, though it is a bit outdated at the moment. I also got an account at Faith Writers and store a lot of my writings there. The bipolar section on this forum about 7 years and more years ago has a lot of my poems on a art thread similar to this one. I was still very ill then and like to look back at times just to see how far Jesus has taken me since then. That Bipolar thread went for many years but then died for some reason and I ended up on this forum befriending other people hurting and kind of stayed.

A poem I wrote during those times.

Our Soul's Worth In Jesus.

Our soul is worth more than all the wealth of the universe, as His Truth shapes our life. Our existence is worth a lot of love, and goodwill too. That's why God The Father sent Christ to lead us on The Way to true and lasting being. Caring so deeply for us especially when we slip and slide down that agonising decline sinful life so often brings.

Our soul is stronger than pain can bring to bear, for nothing can rob us of our life's reality. Good or bad, the Hand of Truth will always carry our existence. Even pain is subdued in the end by our inability to cease, even in the face of dying and death, it will serve just a memory, as a 'child' is born anew within us, time and again.

Our soul will endure for all eternity, harvesting that which we sow around, feeding from the abundance that wells from Being. We are individuals with a personal identity in Being, small images of truth in action, radiating around The Kernel, we exist, a quantum within The Universe, sprouting existentially.

Our souls discovering immortality have many perspectives in sight, eyes rimmed all around the truth that is life's wheel, we cycle on. For why hasn't love got more to say than - 'I love you' - if that wasn't because nothing more or better could ever be said which hasn't already been spoken? And so the truth is our best Friend, even if our truth has not always been the most angelic, this fact remains, in His Loving Truth we genuinely exist. Let's trust in that! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Wayholka youre artwork above shows how just a little bit of kindness can make a life or death difference. We need to be kind and say hello and smile when we meet people in passing, as you never know what they are going through

68573d8e63b23f1e4df4d63633eeb8d1--be-kind-always-sassy-quotes.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
crucifyingJesus.jpg

The Day my big head got chopped off.:bow:

In My last i

i heard and saw
for myself
what big I's
do best,
replying first
to Heaven's questions.

i heard and saw,
"Me!! Yes, I..!"
answering triumphantly,
ignoring the rest of me,
self-importance rising proudly,
“I.., I.., I..,
yes.., ME!”

i had heard and seen,
“Who is first?
Who deserves to be in Heaven?
Who earned the power, glory and honour over here?
Who is more important?
Who deserves the crown?
Who wants to live forever?”

i heard and saw
that there was
no room
for the rest
of myself,
nor anyone else,
either!

i heard and saw
merely a
swollen ego
boasting
arrogantly
I am
best!

i heard and saw
a marvelous Light
decent from Heaven,
screaming,
my big I lit-up
from hair to toe
aflame!

i heard and saw
in The End
a final tiny
flame flickering,
my big I
blazed out
for good!

i heard and saw
much better
after i had
that 'hiccup'
going up
tho'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. There's a cartoon I used to watch as a kid which my fursona is based off of. It has a moral of never underestimating the power of a kind act. Sometimes the most mundane acts of kindness can make a day so much more bearable. Jesus spoke of getting reward in Heaven for giving someone a cup of cold water because he knew that even the smallest acts of kindness can really help and move God.

Wayholka, today at my volunteer job, several people who come for the food started to say hi to me, and did so by calling me by my name.

I was touched at the real joy in their eyes and the familiar way they said my name.

Its like you said, a simple, kind act, such as smiling, calling your name and showing gratefulness and happiness for something you did or are doing, can be so helpful and feeds ones spirit.

I keep seeing them in my minds eye tonight and their smiling at me. Some like to get hugs too, and are so relieved that they are not going to be hungry.

Its fun to gather up some of these folks and the joyfulness of their spirit in hugs!

the-need-for-community-and-contribution.jpg

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟433,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A poem I wrote about depression and abuse. Not uplifting but writing it helped me feel better so I hope its okay to share.:

Another day of being alive

Another day I wish I could die

I sit here lifeless

Consumed with fear

I sit here puzzled

At God’s plan for me

I question everything

Why did it happen?

What happened?

Am I just crazy?

This feels like a nightmare

Or a horror movie

Something’s gone astray

Gone very wrong

The chemical imbalance in my brain

I want it gone

I want to smile

Feel joy

Be happy

But I’m stuck here

In utter misery

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A poem I wrote about depression and abuse. Not uplifting but writing it helped me feel better so I hope its okay to share.:

Another day of being alive

Another day I wish I could die

I sit here lifeless

Consumed with fear

I sit here puzzled

At God’s plan for me

I question everything

Why did it happen?

What happened?

Am I just crazy?

This feels like a nightmare

Or a horror movie

Something’s gone astray

Gone very wrong

The chemical imbalance in my brain

I want it gone

I want to smile

Feel joy

Be happy

But I’m stuck here

In utter misery

Thank you for sharing your poem with us, welcome!

What would feeling joy look like to you?

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I made that back in Fall because I felt Winter depression hitting again. I'm wrapped up in a blanket as a sign of wanting comfort during a cold, depressing season. The bag of chips is basically my eating habits to feel better. The book is more or less something to keep me entertained when I'm off the computer.

I have another series of drawings that represent the story of my life but I can't post it here anymore because of the poorly-censored language. I'm planning on drawing it again and posting it here when I get the time.

Wayholka, by any chance do you get depressed during the opposite temperature extreme-hot, humid summer?

are you still eating to comfort yourself?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0