• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
describe or draw or show us an image from google that expresses what your monster looks like or how you feel when you are "the monster."

I don't think that i'm a monster. or the worse parts of me would just be a picture of a human lol.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that i'm a monster. or the worse parts of me would just be a picture of a human lol.

You my dearest brother are an eye of our Lord down here in His loving truth, but the very opposite in sinful life. So interesting to see this in you for that is how it is for me as well.

His loving truth certainly removes the dividing wall in our lives down here while in our big I we commit the worst of sins. How we need Jesus!

Peace

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
u2spicy said:
...the love not apparent, but instead a monster develops inside ones own mind as a result, don't you think?

sometimes I wonder "what is love?". it's hard to just let others destroy yourself and I think Jesus suffered that for specific reasons but I don't find trying to defend yourself from an evil person to be evil even though I think sin will try to use such a statement as an excuse to do evil as well. I think sometimes it can be an act of charity to kill an evil person.

you are an example of why it's not good to let evil people live. i'm so sorry.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sometimes I wonder "what is love?". it's hard to just let others destroy yourself and I think Jesus suffered that for specific reasons but I don't find trying to defend yourself from an evil person to be evil even though I think sin will try to use such a statement as an excuse to do evil as well. I think sometimes it can be an act of charity to kill an evil person.

you are an example of why it's not good to let evil people live. i'm so sorry.

God is love and i fully agree we should get rid of evil people, or rather those who love to kill even when they know it wrong to do that, on Loving Truth's side killing evildoers is not wrong at all but, of course The first in him is spiritual and not physical. I like the spiritual laying field much better than the physical much more freedom a believer in His loving truth to be.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
@Jeshu, you expressions remind me of this image that was shared with us by @fragilewingz as drawn by Artist Shawn Cross. Small and defenseless against a bigger person who is verbally abusing you, the love not apparent, but instead a monster develops inside ones own mind as a result, don't you think?

View attachment 201741
I have PTSD and can relate to that.

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found this article yesterday and was just blown away by her artwork.

10+ Illustrations With Deep Meanings Created By An Artist Struggling With Depression

Destinyblue's digital paintings have so much emotion, and she cleverly hides her messages in simple ways. I love how she depicts the eyes- there's a certain anime vibe to the characters.
I relate to her usage of wings and butterflies very well (hence my avatar name: FRAGILEWINGZ). If only we had wings-we could just fly away, escape our problems, be FREE of whatever binds us. she also depicts the wings as broken/ scratched in one of her images, which signifies our struggles to break free.

My top three images would be the ones below:
hidden-deep-meanings-illustrations-destinyblue-8-5982dce19ab69-jpeg__700.jpg

1. You'll know LOVE IS REAL, when that iceberg sinks, and he's still there with you. In the age of online dating, and social media, it's so rare to find people who can love you beneath the surface of that iceberg. People are attracted to another person and instantly think it's love. Too often we base our feelings on what we see in another person, or the great qualities they show us. But it's when we get to know them better and accept them for their flaws that matters most.

hidden-deep-meanings-illustrations-destinyblue-21-5982dcfcab304-jpeg__700.jpg

2.I'm complicated- YES I AM. I really am. But anyone who's willing to help you solve that rubix cube is a keeper.

hidden-deep-meanings-illustrations-destinyblue-22-5982dcfea9daa-jpeg__700.jpg

3. FOREVER is over. So subtle. So simple. One day you're deeply in love promising forever to each other, the next day, it's all over and you're back to being strangers. But I disagree with this-- we can still find forever, with the RIGHT PERSON God has planned for us.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess that a good enough relationship in this world is something like being compatible enough and sharing the same kinds of goals + both actually working their problems out rather than giving up.

the idea of there being a multitude of possible people that I could be with disgust me. but I guess that is why I'm me and my life is how it is.

this was one of my favorites.

Forgotten Bride

bride_by_dark134-d7ppy8p.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

10+ Illustrations With Deep Meanings Created By An Artist Struggling With Depression

Destinyblue's digital paintings have so much emotion, and she cleverly hides her messages in simple ways. I love how she depicts the eyes- there's a certain anime vibe to the characters.
I relate to her usage of wings and butterflies very well (hence my avatar name: FRAGILEWINGZ). If only we had wings-we could just fly away, escape our problems, be FREE of whatever binds us. she also depicts the wings as broken/ scratched in one of her images, which signifies our struggles to break free.

My top three images would be the ones below:View attachment 203803

1. You'll know LOVE IS REAL, when that iceberg sinks, and he's still there with you. In the age of online dating, and social media, it's so rare to find people who can love you beneath the surface of that iceberg. People are attracted to another person and instantly think it's love. Too often we base our feelings on what we see in another person, or the great qualities they show us. But it's when we get to know them better and accept them for their flaws that matters most.

View attachment 203804
2.I'm complicated- YES I AM. I really am. But anyone who's willing to help you solve that rubix cube is a keeper.

View attachment 203805
3. FOREVER is over. So subtle. So simple. One day you're deeply in love promising forever to each other, the next day, it's all over and you're back to being strangers. But I disagree with this-- we can still find forever, with the RIGHT PERSON God has planned for us.

Cool! Thank you for turning us on to yet another new, young artist! Like you, I love her work.

If you feel that you are complicated fragilwingz, have you by any chance figured your own self out yet?

For me, I like DestinyBlue's depiction of having hope, no matter that one has been cut down or felled by the ax of lifes struggles.

We will get up again!

hidden-deep-meanings-illustrations-destinyblue-14-5982dcedc3928-jpeg__700.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My top three images would be the ones below:View attachment 203803

View attachment 203804

View attachment 203805

That is why we need The Word to be true in Love before we place our loves in Him. i think a lot of believers misunderstand that. They grab and grab thanking their truth-less, loveless, all controlling god for all their blessings thinking true God almighty loves them above those other miserable sinners all around. But in reality that is how we lose our true love serving an abomination crucifying Him to their own truths. Just have a look in Daniel 7. Bad news really in the lie but good in His loving truth. For The word must be true first - do we love our neighbor as ourselves - and love Our heavenly father Above all? So not before we see Good in Bad in our lies ruling our big I we will not live the little horn at the end and see how Jesus gets rid ofg the Abomination in our lives trying to steal our New Life in Him. I found that not before this is true can we be sure to be in His truth and safely love truly good life into our inner being and spread Him around. i found Him rock bottom first before High Above fro only God has a Big I twice over and I love Him for that. Jesus turn everything upside down like always. Best go bottom up then we know for sure He earned it for us and is in us. Don't you reckon sis?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it looks to me like a symbol of some very innocent heavenly spirit. axolotls tend to not fully transform so it seems to be a symbol of a child. the multiple colors seem to designate a kind of fullness of spirit. they have regenerative abilities since they are salamanders. it feels like a union of souls to me due to the two different eye colors and the dual name "pinkie pie". or the two eye colors could symbolize the two sides of the brain and how they function differently. or the dual unity in how God is said to be love and wisdom.

this is just my contemplation of it, I don't know what the artist intends. I just know I love axolotls.

Pinkie Pie

pinkie_pie_by_camilladerrico-dbfeay2.jpg

Matt 18:1-4 (YLT)
At that hour came the disciples near to Jesus, saying, `Who, now, is greater in the reign of the heavens?' And Jesus having called near a child, did set him in the midst of them, and said, `Verily I say to you, if ye may not be turned and become as the children, ye may not enter into the reign of the heavens; whoever then may humble himself as this child, he is the greater in the reign of the heavens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A gift for @Tempura. I've been meaning to make this drawing for so long now and finally got the motivation and the confidence to draw this picture for you. It's a token of my appreciation for all the support you have given me during my early times here on the CF Depression forums.

View attachment 203929

Thank you, that's great! Also thank you for all the support you've given to many people as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
polar%20bear_zps6rficfcf.jpg

This thread is being reopened. It has undergone a clean up removing vulgar and triggering posts. If you noticed a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please do not post, or link to, violent, disturbing, graphic images or text. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Admin Hat Off

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gave up tv and now focused on finding my way to a deeper walk with Him...

IM trying to tune out worldly distractions with more effort now

Trying to focus on watching Psalms and praise songs on youtube and actually reading the bible online

I want to saturate myself with G_d and be so into His path

that I find mine

29d9d9783590312800100400b482e9e0--psalm--the-psalms (1).jpg

Artist Page:The Bride of Christ

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What world is there to now discover with no tv, and a goal to submerge myself in His holiness? His word? His praise music?

Walking away from more and more of this world, preparing for the next!

We will run the race!

1c1d54a2fccc5e795609b0aa749062db--hebrews--costume-ideas.jpg

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
it looks to me like a symbol of some very innocent heavenly spirit. axolotls tend to not fully transform so it seems to be a symbol of a child. the multiple colors seem to designate a kind of fullness of spirit. they have regenerative abilities since they are salamanders. it feels like a union of souls to me due to the two different eye colors and the dual name "pinkie pie". or the two eye colors could symbolize the two sides of the brain and how they function differently. or the dual unity in how God is said to be love and wisdom.

this is just my contemplation of it, I don't know what the artist intends. I just know I love axolotls.

Pinkie Pie

pinkie_pie_by_camilladerrico-dbfeay2.jpg

Matt 18:1-4 (YLT)
At that hour came the disciples near to Jesus, saying, `Who, now, is greater in the reign of the heavens?' And Jesus having called near a child, did set him in the midst of them, and said, `Verily I say to you, if ye may not be turned and become as the children, ye may not enter into the reign of the heavens; whoever then may humble himself as this child, he is the greater in the reign of the heavens.
Very nice!

• Friendly
Upvote 0