Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since the reference isn't about the atonement, it's not relevant to this discussion.

The lifting up of Christ is the atonement.

Hebrews 10:10
And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The lifting up of Christ is the atonement.

Hebrews 10:10
And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

The new covenant was made. It's was made between God and those who are called. Using that context, we know who the "all" are. If "all" are everyone, then God isn't really good at keeping covenants, and we are without hope.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
All the people - all the Israelites (not just some) were covered.

So the atonement was limited, even in your theology. It was never for everyone.

Upvote 0

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

The new covenant was made. It's was made between God and those who are called. Using that context, we know who the "all" are. If "all" are everyone, then God isn't really good at keeping covenants, and we are without hope.

You would have to demonstrate that those called are called unconditionally. John 3:14-18 is for all, obviously.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You would have to demonstrate that those called are called unconditionally. John 3:14-18 is for all, obviously.

I don't have to demonstrate anything. Hebrews 9 is clear who the covenant is between. You have to demonstrate why God sends people to hell who are part of the covenant, if everyone is called.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.
Interesting. In post #8, you said this:
All of the Israelites lived who were bitten after the serpent was made. So, your argument really isn't one.

So, now you finally admit one who had been bitten must "look toward (not "at") the bronze serpent. The Numbers 21 text is clear that bitten ones must look toward the serpent in order to live. We don't know if there were any who didn't believe what Moses said and didn't look, and died.

And Jesus equated looking with believing in Jn 3:15.

Glad you corrected your error. :)

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Arminians insist that Jesus took the punishment for all sins. Yet, they admit that there are people in hell because of their sins. This makes God disingenuous because He punishes people for sins that His Son already paid for.

smh
And you provide not one piece of evidence from Arminian sources to support your claim.

I also am SMH, but for a different reason to yours.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Empty words.

Fact: In Arminianism, Christ takes the punishment for all sins for all time.

Fact: in Arminianism, some people are punished for sins that Christ already took the punishment for.

No straw man in sight.

And you again provide not one shred of evidence from an Arminian source to support your allegation. Discussion in this thread should be more than an accusation without evidence. It wouldn't make it to the courts in my country without evidence. It shouldn't make it to this thread without your providing evidence to support your claim.

Then, of course, your evidence will be tested by judges and juries on this forum.

Oz

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And you again provide not one shred of evidence from an Arminian source to support your allegation. Discussion in this thread should be more than an accusation without evidence. It wouldn't make it to the courts in my country without evidence. It shouldn't make it to this thread without your providing evidence to support your claim.

Then, of course, your evidence will be tested by judges and juries on this forum.

Oz

So you disagree with my statements? Good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So you disagree with my statements? Good.
Hamm,

You have a bad habit of not replying to the content of what I write. This is another example, thus meaning that you committed a red herring logical fallacy.

Here again is what I said of your OP:

How about replying to what I wrote?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Hamm,

You have a bad habit of not replying to the content of what I write. This is another example, thus meaning that you committed a red herring logical fallacy.

Here again is what I said of your OP:

How about replying to what I wrote?

If you agree with my allegation, then there's no need for support. If you disagree with my allegation, then that's a good thing.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.