Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I think they see the glory in nature as clearly as we do--they just don't attribute it to God.
There are those Lovers of God, I'm thinking of the Mystics primarily, who "experience" a life force running through Nature. For those folks it's way more the seeing the Glory of Nature. There's a Life Force with in Nature, some call it the Mystery, that burst forth. But as you rightly indicate, a person does not need to attribute that experience to God. What's important to myself at least is a personal wonderment of that experience.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Never made any such claims. You're just making stuff up.
I beg your pardon; I took you to be saying that you had evidence of creationism. If you were not, then an evolved eye is just as much evidence of divine creation as one that is not and I don't see why you are bringing it up.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
They are blind. We all see through a glass darkly, but atheist don't have the Light to allow them to even glimpse reality through that glass.
I'm wondering why so many self proclaimed believers don't see the Light of God in Nature. If they did see that Light they wouldn't allow the desecration and rape of Nature as is happening now.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I beg your pardon; I took you to be saying that you had evidence of creationism. If you were not, then an evolved eye is just as much evidence of divine creation as one that is not and I don't see why you are bringing it up.
It's evidence for a creator, therefore supports creationism, whatever form it took. It doesn't support darwinism. His theory was too simple to allow for that level of complexity.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm thinking of the Mystics primarily, who "experience" a life force running through Nature.
Drive a truck into a brick wall and see if you don't experience a "life force" as well.

It's called "momentum."

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering why so many self proclaimed believers don't see the Light of God in Nature. If they did see that Light they wouldn't allow the desecration and rape of Nature as is happening now.
I do see it. I also support wise use of our natural resources, as God gave us that Dominion.
We are part of the balance of nature. Truth is, nature, being broken, does not balance well itself.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm wondering why so many self proclaimed believers don't see the Light of God in Nature.
Because that's not the true Light.

And they know that ...

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
dlamberth said:
If they did see that Light they wouldn't allow the desecration and rape of Nature as is happening now.
And how would these tree huggers do so?

By driving spikes into forest trees, so as to damage logging equipment?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Because that's not the true Light.
Of course it is. It's the Light of God manifested in Nature.

By driving spikes into forest trees, so as to damage logging equipment?
How for would you go to protect your daughter (if you have one) from rape?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my life, I plant seeds and take walks in the forest and rejoice in the Glory.
Ever been bit, stung, chased by bees, stalked, hit by lightning, dodged a falling limb, stepped in a hole and twisted an ankle, or whatever?

And how do you prepare for these walks? by spraying yourself with Deep Woods Off!™? taking Claritin™? packing pepper spray and a host of other stuff?

Remember Steve Irwin? what did Mother Nature do to him?

And what are you doing in the woods anyway? remember my last question in Post 187?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Ever been bit, stung, chased by bees, stalked, hit by lightning, dodged a falling limb, stepped in a hole and twisted an ankle, or whatever?

How do you prepare for this walk?

By spraying yourself with Deep Woods Off!™? taking Claritin™? packing pepper spray and a host of other stuff?

Remember Steve Irwin? what did Mother Nature do to him?

And what are you doing in the woods anyway?

Remember my one question?
If that's how you see what's provided in Nature, I'm feeling pretty glad that I don't live in your world.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course it is. It's the Light of God manifested in Nature.
I take it you're one of those believers in Kirlian photography?
dlamberth said:
How far would you go to protect your daughter (if you have one) from rape?
All the way.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If that's how you see what's provided in Nature, I'm feeling pretty glad that I don't live in your world.
How much of Mother Nature do you kill on a quotidian basis?

Ever swat a fly? spray for mosquitoes? stepped on an anthill? aborted a ... skip that one ... pulled up a weed? or, Gaea forbid, shot a deer?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I take it you're one of those believers in Kirlian photography?All the way.
Other than looking at a few pictures way back when and thinking that's pretty cool, not really. But I am very aware of other ways of seeing and enjoying Nature and as a Lover of God, that Light of God within it. I guess one could say that I'm unable to limit the Light of Christ to a single physical entity but that it encompasses the whole of the Universe.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tons. But nothing you would accept.
"Where there’s a genuine controversy, as there is about Darwinian theory, anyone in search of truth has no choice but to weigh the evidence for himself. The observation that, beyond doubt, thousands of scientists are skeptical and encourage further “careful examination” of the question, is one reason every thoughtful adult owes it to herself to consider the evidence without just passively swallowing the majority view."
Oh, but that's a quote from someone who accepts ID, so you wouldn't even consider it. Kind of like one political party will never accept anything from the other side.
Seriously I doubt if you have any. Scientific evidence is undeniable if you have it. But to even have scientific evidence you first need to have a testable hypothesis.

What reasonable test based upon your belief's merits could show it to be wrong? If you cannot answer that question you do not have scientific evidence.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Other than looking at a few pictures way back when and thinking that's pretty cool, not really. But I am very aware of other ways of seeing and enjoying Nature and as a Lover of God, that Light of God within it. I guess one could say that I'm unable to limit the Light of Christ to a single physical entity but that it encompasses the whole of the Universe.
Do you remember some time ago a show on television called, I think it was, the NBC Challenge?

I believe it was hosted by Bill Bixby and featured the world's top ten mystics in their respective fields, and challenged them on the air to demonstrate their crafts.

One woman, an aura reader, was put before ten curtains with someone behind each one, and asked if she could see their auras, and she said YES.

Then they had seven of the people go away, and asked the lady to tell which curtains had someone behind them by seeing their auras.

She failed miserably.

As did the other nine mystics -- including a dowser who incorrectly claimed there was water (or no water) in 55 gallon drums set before him.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
How much of Mother Nature do you kill on a quotidian basis?

Ever swat a fly? spray for mosquitoes? stepped on an anthill? aborted a ... skip that one ... pulled up a weed? or, Gaea forbid, shot a deer?
Oh..I've done my share, never sprayed for mosquitoes or the aborted... I've pulled lots of weeds for sure, but always gives thanks before hand. I also offer a bit of my hair in receptivity and honor. I don't own a gun but I do enjoy venison when offered and offer blessing when eaten. I've also protested the raping and desecrating of forest. We have very few old growth forest left and it's important that we save what we have for our children and their children. I and I'm sure you remember when the earth actually had pristine land. That no longer exist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh..I've done my share, never sprayed for mosquitoes or the aborted... I've pulled lots of weeds for sure, but always gives thanks before hand. I also offer a bit of my hair in receptivity and honor. I don't own a gun but I do enjoy venison when offered and offer blessing when eaten. I've also protested the raping and desecrating of forest. We have very few old growth forest left and it's important that we save what we have for our children and their children. I and I'm sure you remember when the earth actually had pristine land. That no longer exist.
Okay. :doh:

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's evidence for a creator, therefore supports creationism, whatever form it took. It doesn't support darwinism. His theory was too simple to allow for that level of complexity.
The theory of evolution is not an alternative to creation, just another version of it. That's why I don't understand why you are attempting to disprove the theory without providing a version of your own. If it's not biblical creationism, what is it?

Does the theory of evolution account for the diversity of life on Earth? Yes or no?
Does God exist and is He author of our being? Yes or No?

You see, you can answer those questions any way you want, but they are two separate questions, regardless.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some old forest is good, but old growth is very lean in terms of supporting life. Selective logging can cause animals populations to do much better. And logging is an important industry.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.