Not open for further replies.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theory of evolution is not an alternative to creation, just another version of it.
Not by itself it isn't. You can't have it both ways. If science can't say anything about God, you can't claim darwinism is a form of creationism.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Weighing in at the end of a long line of interesting comments, here's my humble and free comment. It brings to mind that there is so much that we simply don't know. It is commendable for mankind to try to figure things out objectively (hence, science came into play), but there is actually an undeniable reality under it all, even if we haven't figured it all out. It's the same dilemma with any moral concern: there is an underlying reality that we know to be true about how we should behave toward others in matter of truth and integrity, even if we haven't figured it all out. I don't have the evidence to produce to support any suggestions even with as much as we've been able to bring to the table from our philosophical and scientific endeavors. Nor does anyone. I suggest that if it were true that all that we see and know included ourselves were created, this speaks of an amazing Creator and it would behoove us in our short time as living humans to seek what else might be known of this Creator. We might have gotten our zest for truth and our zeal for communication from this Creator Who might be waiting for our invitation. It's nothing I can prove to your satisfaction, but would it be silly to consider it?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Do you remember some time ago a show on television called, I think it was, the NBC Challenge?

I believe it was hosted by Bill Bixby and featured the world's top ten mystics in their respective fields, and challenged them on the air to demonstrate their crafts.

One woman, an aura reader, was put before ten curtains with someone behind each one, and asked if she could see their auras, and she said YES.

Then they had seven of the people go away, and asked the lady to tell which curtains had someone behind them by seeing their auras.

She failed miserably.

As did the other nine mystics -- including a dowser who incorrectly claimed there was water (or no water) in 55 gallon drums set before him.
Ya...Pseudo-Mystics. New Age stuff.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Some old forest is good, but old growth is very lean in terms of supporting life. Selective logging can cause animals populations to do much better. And logging is an important industry.
Here in the NorthWest, old growth forest is very much teaming with life. Logging is about money. Money is not truth. The Life Force of the an old growth forest is where Truth resides. It's also the kind of place that God's Glory becomes alive in matter.

Reactions: Mr Laurier
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Not by itself it isn't. You can't have it both ways. If science can't say anything about God, you can't claim darwinism is a form of creationism.
Calling the modern theory of evolution "Darwinism" is considered an insult in this forum, but regardless... Nobody is claiming that the theory of evolution is "creationism," only that it is consistent with divine creation.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Drive a truck into a brick wall and see if you don't experience a "life force" as well.

It's called "momentum."
Thats not a "life force". Its a PHYSICAL force

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ever been bit, stung, chased by bees, stalked, hit by lightning, dodged a falling limb, stepped in a hole and twisted an ankle, or whatever?

And how do you prepare for these walks? by spraying yourself with Deep Woods Off!™? taking Claritin™? packing pepper spray and a host of other stuff?

Remember Steve Irwin? what did Mother Nature do to him?

And what are you doing in the woods anyway? remember my last question in Post 187?
You have never set foot in a forest, have you. Or if you have, it was so long ago that you have lost all connection to it.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,447.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Teaching Creationism or, more precisely, teaching "Creation science" has been ruled unconstitutional in several courts, but teaching of the existence of some alternate theories concerning the origin of the universe--turtles included--is not. Many elementary and secondary schools teach about the culture of pre-Columbian peoples, for example.

Should be no problem if there ever is a rival theory.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Creation just means a Creator. I doubt it's gonna be a " Christian" class. Probably more like ID.
It took me a couple of minutes to wipe the cornflakes off my iPad.

• Haha
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It took me a couple of minutes to wipe the cornflakes off my iPad.
In Arkansas? It won't even be a generic Christian class--it'll be a fundamentalist Evangelical Protestant Christian class, you bet. No worries, there's enough Roman Catholics in Alabama to make a fuss--like they did in Texas with Santa Fe School District v. Doe.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.