Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God calls Israel his first born son ...
Jeremiah 31:9. They shall come with weeping,
And with supplications I will lead them.
I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters,
In a straight way in which they shall not stumble;
For I am a Father to Israel,
And Ephraim is My firstborn.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 31:9. They shall come with weeping,
And with supplications I will lead them.
I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters,
In a straight way in which they shall not stumble;
For I am a Father to Israel,
And Ephraim is My firstborn.

There is a lot that is found in the principle of the elder that serves the younger ...

"And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn"

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was not born into the 12 tribes of Israel.

No I am not part of Israel.

Though God has allowed me to be a child of God due to believing in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and He loves everyone in the world because he sent his son Jesus Christ for all people to be able to one day, after passing away be rose again and Go be with God, because of their faith on Jesus Christ, and their love of others.
If you are not of Israel; you are not in covenant with YHWH.

(CLV) Hb 8:8
For, blaming them, He is saying, "Lo! the days are coming," the Lord is saying, "And I shall be concluding with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant,

Notice that it doesn't say one covenant for Jews and another for Pagans. There is only one covenant with Israel, in Yahshua. Let's read on:

(CLV) Hb 8:9
Not in accord with the covenant which I make with their fathers In the day of My taking hold of their hand To be leading them out of the land of Egypt, Seeing that they do not remain in My covenant, And I neglect them," the Lord is saying,

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

If you are not of Israel Yahshua wasn't commissioned for you.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

OH! OH! But WE'RE grafted IN! Grafted into what?

(CLV) Ro 11:17
Now if some of the boughs are broken out, yet you, being a wild olive, are grafted among them, and became joint participant of the root and fatness of the olive,

What is this olive tree?

(CLV) Jer 11:16
A flourishing olive tree, lovely with shapely fruit, Yahweh had called your name; But with the sound of a great din, He will ravage its leaves with fire, And its branches will be smashed.

(CLV) Jer 11:17
Yahweh of hosts Who planted you has decreed evil against you owing to the evil of the house of Israel and the house of Judah, which they have done for themselves to provoke Me to vexation by fuming incense to Baal.

John 1:12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

How would you know? Can you account for all of your ancestors, back to the time of Jacob? I can't even come close.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How would you know? Can you account for all of your ancestors, back to the time of Jacob? I can't even come close.

@HARK! let me tell you why it is because the Jewish Genealogy records were destroyed in 70 ad, when Jerusalem had its great fall.

Aside from this, Paul in the book of 1 Timothy tells, Timothy, when he departed from Macedonia that Timothy should stay in Ephesus to instruct certain men not to teach false doctrines, and to neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 1 Timothy 1:1-4

What do you think about this @HARK! ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Though God has allowed me to be a child of God due to believing in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and He loves everyone in the world because he sent his son Jesus Christ for all people to be able to one day, after passing away be rose again and Go be with God, because of their faith on Jesus Christ, and their love of others.

John 1:12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
keep reading

John 1:13 "who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@HARK! let me tell you why it is because the Jewish Genealogy records were destroyed in 70 ad, when Jerusalem had its great fall.

This further demonstrates the point I intended to make. We just don't know whether or not we are descendants of Jacob.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This further demonstrates the point I intended to make. We just don't know whether or not we are descendants of Jacob.

An Egyptian once told me (many moons ago) that we are all sons of Adam ...

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are not of Israel; you are not in covenant with YHWH.

What I think is really something is that there are some believers who really practice observing all of the covenant regulations for Israel shown in the old testament of the Bible, as far as they can, though they should certainly not be practicing sacrifices of animals, and I hope they don't, while I hear believers more generally claim that they are of Israel, and Christian believers are the real Israel, though they are certainly from the gentiles, and they don't even bother observing the commandments. Such would be false according to scripture passages, those saying they are Israel and not observing commandments from Yahweh. Even gentiles who come to be children of God through redemption in Christ should observe the requirements of the council of Jerusalem shown in Acts 15:29, at minimum, besides what Christ and the apostles said to do, but almost none do so much. Each of the commandments, written in stone, show what is right for humanity.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
What I think is really something is that there are some believers who really practice observing all of the covenant regulations for Israel shown in the old testament of the Bible, as far as they can, though they should certainly not be practicing sacrifices of animals, and I hope they don't, while I hear believers more generally claim that they are of Israel, and Christian believers are the real Israel, though they are certainly from the gentiles, and they don't even bother observing the commandments. Such would be false according to scripture passages, those saying they are Israel and not observing commandments from Yahweh. Even gentiles who come to be children of God through redemption in Christ should observe the requirements of the council of Jerusalem shown in Acts 15:29, at minimum, besides what Christ and the apostles said to do, but almost none do so much. Each of the commandments, written in stone, show what is right for humanity.
Acts 15:20
But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Rarely do I see any observing the ruling regarding blood. Other groups concept or arguments regarding idols is such so that they may continue to keep them. Let's talk about fornication, even when it is stated that for one day a year to refrain. So even the basic four mentioned are not kept by the majority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

visionary said:
Acts 15:20
But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Rarely do I see any observing the ruling regarding blood. Other groups concept or arguments regarding idols is such so that they may continue to keep them. Let's talk about fornication, even when it is stated that for one day a year to refrain. So even the basic four mentioned are not kept by the majority.

That is really it. It is said in the epistle to the gentiles, that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. Idolatry in other forms is still idolatry. Choosing things based on serving your stomach is still idolatry. What you give your attention to over Yahweh, the one who is to be God in your life, will be idolatry. And who avoids blood? Those having meat with permission they claim as basis mostly ignore the requirements with such permission given at one time, without that permission claimed to be permanent, including to not have any meat from animals with blood still. It would mean that at least all the blood should be removed before it would be prepared for use. Those claiming they remove the blood by cooking it are deceptive, to themselves and to others. Really, God did not make sentient creatures who would suffer to be food for us, while having flesh and products from them would contribute to dietary diseases including cancers, clogged arteries that lead to heart attacks and strokes, and diabetes, while God did bring animals to the first man when the man was still alone after his creation. God knew that we would learn that all the blood cannot possibly be removed from meat, while we would have knowledge gained that having the meat and animal products is not as good for health, at a time in human history when there is the most gluttonous consumption of meat and animal products. People having it never check where the meat and products they get come from, so they cannot know that way that they do not support continued abuse to animals, which is ungodly, Proverbs 12:10, or how animals were slaughtered, for what they get for using, or even that those animals were not strangled. They just don't know. That is irresponsible. The provision from God for us at the beginning is really the best, in so many ways.

Fornication, all sexual immorality, is rampant in modern culture. Christian believers do not know how to be separate from the contemporary culture and society.

Upvote 0