Faith
Catholic
Let's look at The President's actions then:

• He has dated a woman of color.
  • Upgraded MLK's Birth place to National Historic level
  • Deported ex Nazi
  • Kissed the Western Wall
  • Has Jewish Grandchildren
  • Established Opportunity & Revitalization Council that retores black neighborhoods
  • Signed a major criminal reform bill (Reversing Clinton)
  • Gave Alice Johnson Clemency
  • Allowed Nelson Mandela the us of his personal jet
  • Declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy
  • Oversees the lowest unemployment rate for minorities
Then there are these inconvenient truths:

View attachment 259668 View attachment 259669

So yes, please let's talk about how one is defined by his actions - but let's also be honest enough to look at all his actions, not just the ones spoon fed to us by his detractors
Actions from the distant past can be erased by actions in the immediate present.

TELEMMGLPICT000166717250_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRLU6RByDcehJVbJAoDuCGZ1jt-Q14Op4ntpQY4ROuaA.jpeg

732e000d-6278-43d7-9823-716bbe5fa951.png

21ADCO1-facebookJumbo.jpg

NC_trumpam0715_1500x845.jpg

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Because the rest of us don't want to live in Somalia 2.0.. (you can insert the country of your choice there)

We prefer to live in the U.S... thanks.
Somalia 2.0? What on earth are you talking about? We're talking about Americans that want to change their country for the better, why are you telling them to leave their own country?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
What Trump has said about Judge Curiel
“We have a very hostile judge because, to be honest with you, the judge should’ve thrown the case out on summary judgement. But because it was me and because there’s a hostility toward me by the judge, tremendous hostility, beyond belief. I believe he happens to be Spanish, which is fine. He is Hispanic, which is fine. And we haven't asked for recusal, which we may do. But we have a judge who is very hostile. Should’ve been thrown out. Wasn’t thrown out.”

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it is our votes which determines our representatives.. however, that is not only you or your political party voting, everyones vote gets taken into consideration.

Tax credits for corporations is due to the huge benefit to the states by bringing employment and prosperity to an area. The competition for jobs which bring more businesses and jobs to an area can be a huge relief to a state, so states compete by giving various tax reliefs.

Even if you give a corporation tax credit in one area, they may be paying taxes in another - whether it's personal income taxes, or personal property taxes, inheritance taxes and more, they not only provide jobs anx make areas more economically viable, they do pay taxes..

It's not the political circus that keeps us from unifying as a people, it's those agenda seekers who want to use identity politics instead of talking about whats in our nations best interest, as an American people. Whenever someone tries to talk about that they are called racist, a Nazi, and more regardless of their ethnic background or their ideals.

There is a large group right now trying to destroy us as a nation - and a solid portion of the left is following them straight off the cliff.

It is -our- votes which determines who the representative is. It is -their- money which decides who we get the opportunity to vote for. If all the candidates are already bought and paid for, then where is our 'choice'?

Corporations get far more than tax credits from states. But even those are just the wealthy feeding off the public treasury. But it gets even worse, these corporations demand tax money to move into a community which does not already possess the workers they need. So they move their workers who will be the actual people making the good job pay, drive up the cost of housing and create water, sewer and street problems because none of that was sized for the extra people and the corporation moves in without picking up the tab for all problems they caused. And the wealthy will tell you how great it is that you allowed them to defecate in your town.

But the REAL beauty of what the wealthy do to us is that they tell BOTH sides that there is a group of people trying to ruin the nation. They tell the conservatives that group is the liberals. They tell the liberals that group is the conservatives.

What they WON'T tell you is that the real group of people trying to ruin the nation is them...the wealthy. They are sucking the life blood out of the nation and when the nation collapses, which it most certainly will, they already have their homes and money stashed overseas.

I understand that New Zealand is the preferred place for the ultra-wealthy because it is as far away from the chaos which will happen as one can get. Here is a headline from CNBC today:

Jeff Bezos: I spend my billions on space because we’re destroying Earth

He is SSSOOOO right. But the 'we' is him and his wealthy peers.

And all us Americans are like lemmings following the propaganda for our mindset as heading off for extinction.

So, hey, use up you energy fighting against the people listening to their propaganda. Hate them with your whole being. But remember, THEY are going over the same cliff you are. Jezz Bezos is living in his satellite waiting for it all to blow over.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is -our- votes which determines who the representative is. It is -their- money which decides who we get the opportunity to vote for. If all the candidates are already bought and paid for, then where is our 'choice'?

Corporations get far more than tax credits from states. But even those are just the wealthy feeding off the public treasury. But it gets even worse, these corporations demand tax money to move into a community which does not already possess the workers they need. So they move their workers who will be the actual people making the good job pay, drive up the cost of housing and create water, sewer and street problems because none of that was sized for the extra people and the corporation moves in without picking up the tab for all problems they caused. And the wealthy will tell you how great it is that you allowed them to defecate in your town.

But the REAL beauty of what the wealthy do to us is that they tell BOTH sides that there is a group of people trying to ruin the nation. They tell the conservatives that group is the liberals. They tell the liberals that group is the conservatives.

What they WON'T tell you is that the real group of people trying to ruin the nation is them...the wealthy. They are sucking the life blood out of the nation and when the nation collapses, which it most certainly will, they already have their homes and money stashed overseas.

I understand that New Zealand is the preferred place for the ultra-wealthy because it is as far away from the chaos which will happen as one can get. Here is a headline from CNBC today:

Jeff Bezos: I spend my billions on space because we’re destroying Earth

He is SSSOOOO right. But the 'we' is him and his wealthy peers.

And all us Americans are like lemmings following the propaganda for our mindset as heading off for extinction.

So, hey, use up you energy fighting against the people listening to their propaganda. Hate them with your whole being. But remember, THEY are going over the same cliff you are. Jezz Bezos is living in his satellite waiting for it all to blow over.

I am out for the night. I'm tired, and I may totally allow you the last word. It's evening, I just ate too much dinner (lol) and I think I'm going to watch a movie and perhaps have an early bedtime.

If I feel like it I'll post in the morning, but seriously we seem on such opposite sides in this it could go on forever, and that just seems tiring and pointless .

Take care regardless.. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I am out for the night. I'm tired, and I may totally allow you the last word. It's evening, I just ate too much dinner (lol) and I think I'm going to watch a movie and perhaps have an early bedtime.

If I feel like it I'll post in the morning, but seriously we seem on such opposite sides in this it could go on forever, and that just seems tiring and pointless .

Take care regardless.. :)
We are only on opposite sides if you are one of the uber wealthy.

Enjoy the evening.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are only on opposite sides if you are one of the uber wealthy.

Enjoy the evening.

I'm poorer than most, life has not been kind.. lol.

what I am is happy, and that is what matters..

hope your evening is well also..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
House votes against striking Pelosi remarks from record
A person that steals from a store is called a thief. A person that competes in professional sports is called an athlete. A person that recites spoken word is called a poet. A person who promotes the welfare of others especially through the donation of money to a cause is called a philanthropist. Are people not defined by their actions?

I think the important part of this is "why is that a rule?"

Some might think it's important to allow personal attacks against the president....I suspect those people haven't watched the British parliament in action before.

If a certain level of decorum isn't maintained, then we could end up with a Congress that does nothing but virtue signal. We can't really afford that level of childishness now.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He wasn't president then.

Yeah....but he used his reputation as a former president to do that. It's not like he had to risk his neck, he chose to. I tend to remember his term in office as one of compromise and carefulness....things highly under valued these days.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
House votes against striking Pelosi remarks from record
A person that steals from a store is called a thief. A person that competes in professional sports is called an athlete. A person that recites spoken word is called a poet. A person who promotes the welfare of others especially through the donation of money to a cause is called a philanthropist. Are people not defined by their actions?
I think the house rule against insulting the president needs to be changed now that we have a president who regularly insults people in the house.

And yes I agree, you are your actions. Not one action but all of them added together. Our president is s racist. Yet many members of Congress are more concerned that Pelosi insulted him by speaking the truth about him.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I think the house rule against insulting the president needs to be changed now that we have a president who regularly insults people in the house.

And yes I agree, you are your actions. Not one action but all of them added together. Our president is s racist. Yet many members of Congress are more concerned that Pelosi insulted him by speaking the truth about him.

I say speak the truth. If that is taken as an insult, so be it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some don't think he is racist. I have heard so many people say. If you don't like it here leave. But if Trump says it it is a whole big can of worms. That is what's so bad now Its okay for most but not the current pres. Obama has done things but never chastised for it but people are up in arms about Trump doing the same thing . A sad affair. Obama started the caged immigrants and no one complained but guess what?
What's wrong with people?!

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Then try this quote:

If someone cheats me once, shame on them. If they cheat me again, shame on me.

I'm all for additional 'chances', but once someone has shown me who they are, it is up to them to show me they have changed.
So if they are having a bad day then that's it for you, huh?
I see you as argumentative on this thread should I expect that from you in the future or should I allow you this slip and think positive of you from now on?

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some don't think he is racist. I have heard so many people say. If you don't like it here leave. But if Trump says it it is a whole big can of worms. That is what's so bad now Its okay for most but not the current pres. Obama has done things but never chastised for it but people are up in arms about Trump doing the same thing . A sad affair. Obama started the caged immigrants and no one complained but guess what?

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Upvote 0