Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Straw man, where did anyone argue that one action defines someone?

EDIT: Although, I'm pretty sure, killing an innocent person with malice makes you a murderer, even for killing just one person.
Out of curiosity ... how do you define Bill Clinton?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
You people would absolutely hate me then.. lol.

I guess that's why I feel more of an affinity toward those who aren't left-wing activists.. when they realized they couldn't use me as their poster child they had no love for me..

No love lost I guess.. but we are all more than some are willing to define us as.

Far more..
What are you trying to say here?

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, some people (and certainly the law) defines you by your actions. Others may not. An obvious example may be that a child steals from a store. The law and the shop owner consider him a thief, his mother may see him as her precious child who just made a mistake. Also how long you are defined by your actions depends on many things. (Records expunged, peoples memories, type of action, etc. etc.)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are you trying to say here?

that limited definitions are worthless..

I am a former Muslim. I am also a woman who covered in the past. I am also politically right. I am now a Christian. (4-1/2 years) I am married. I am a mother. I am a grandmother.

Yet.. I am more than all of that...

You can't define people by race, or by a few actions that you picked out, or by their religious beliefs. They are more than all this.

You hate, based on what actions you approve of, you love, based on what actions you approve of.

What Trump did and said, had both truth and purpose. The purpose was self serving, but it worked - or it will.. the left was simply imploding too soon...

But there is truth to it as well. While they were born here, they have no love for this country and the system it's built upon or it's people... the hatred is apparent.. that is clear in every action and every single word...

Our border agents aren't Nazis. And those aren't concentration camps...

The left is off the rails.. but their implosion needs the right timing seeing as how the election is coming up.

But hey, that's my opinion.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
that limited definitions are worthless..

I am a former Muslim. I am also a woman who covered in the past. I am also politically right. I am now a Christian. (4-1/2 years) I am married. I am a mother. I am a grandmother.

Yet.. I am more than all of that...

You can't define people by race, or by a few actions that you picked out, or by their religious beliefs. They are more than all this.

You hate, based on what actions you approve of, you love, based on what actions you approve of.

What Trump did and said, had both truth and purpose. The purpose was self serving, but it worked - or it will.. the left was simply imploding too soon...

But there is truth to it as well. While they were born here, they have no love for this country and the system it's built upon or it's people... the hatred is apparent.. that is clear in every action and every single word...

Our border agents aren't Nazis. And those aren't concentration camps...

The left is off the rails.. but their implosion needs the right timing seeing as how the election is coming up.

But hey, that's my opinion.

And it is a good opinion. Trump has taken political discourse to the gutter, and the Democrats have followed him there.

It does seem that the best way to get 'face time' with the media is to pretend American politics is just another episode of the Jerry Springer show.

IMMHO, it is all orchestrated...on both sides...by those who own all the politicians and spend their time taking as much money as they can from the public treasury.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And it is a good opinion. Trump has taken political discourse to the gutter, and the Democrats have followed him there.

It does seem that the best way to get 'face time' with the media is to pretend American politics is just another episode of the Jerry Springer show.

IMMHO, it is all orchestrated...on both sides...by those who own all the politicians and spend their time taking as much money as they can from the public treasury.

We don't have a public treasury... we are in debt up to our ears and then some.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
House votes against striking Pelosi remarks from record
A person that steals from a store is called a thief. A person that competes in professional sports is called an athlete. A person that recites spoken word is called a poet. A person who promotes the welfare of others especially through the donation of money to a cause is called a philanthropist. Are people not defined by their actions?

Depends upon who you ask....

Some on the left have really dug into identity politics where you're defined by characteristics like race, age, genitalia, sexuality, etc....and the vague notions of power attached to these things.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
If you murder someone, you are a murderer. You can still be a mother, grandmother, top chef, seamstress, construction worker, piano player, etc., but part of what defines you is your actions as a murderer. One thing does not define you, but your actions are a part of who you are.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
We don't have a public treasury... we are in debt up to our ears and then some.
We still have a public treasury. That is the agency which keeps borrowing money for the wealthy to take.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We still have a public treasury. That is the agency which keeps borrowing money for the wealthy to take.

The wealthy pay what, 90% of all the taxes in this country? (not sure exactly)

Certainly the largest portion of the taxes paid, are paid by the wealthy. They aren't sitting around robbing the treasury, they are too busy printing dollars we dont have in order to buy people's votes..

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The wealthy pay what, 90% of all the taxes in this country? (not sure exactly)

Certainly the largest portion of the taxes paid, are paid by the wealthy. They aren't sitting around robbing the treasury, they are too busy printing dollars we dont have in order to buy people's votes..
Actually, they are robbing the treasury. Almost all tax credits and deductions are designed to benefit the wealthy to reduce their tax load. Their tax rate has been reduced to about thirty five percent, not ninety percent. Their ability to shelter cash from any taxation at all is never challenged.

And their ability to determine who 'our' representatives are means we will never block their access to 'our' money. And when they do actually pay some taxes, they do it knowing they will receive it back shortly.

This entire political circus is designed to keep us from unifying as a people so we can face who our real enemy is...specifically American wealthy and generally global wealth.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, they are robbing the treasury. Almost all tax credits and deductions are designed to benefit the wealthy to reduce their tax load. Their tax rate has been reduced to about thirty five percent, not ninety percent. Their ability to shelter cash from any taxation at all is never challenged.

And their ability to determine who 'our' representatives are means we will never block their access to 'our' money. And when they do actually pay some taxes, they do it knowing they will receive it back shortly.

This entire political circus is designed to keep us from unifying as a people so we can face who our real enemy is...specifically American wealthy and generally global wealth.

Actually, it is our votes which determines our representatives.. however, that is not only you or your political party voting, everyones vote gets taken into consideration.

Tax credits for corporations is due to the huge benefit to the states by bringing employment and prosperity to an area. The competition for jobs which bring more businesses and jobs to an area can be a huge relief to a state, so states compete by giving various tax reliefs.

Even if you give a corporation tax credit in one area, they may be paying taxes in another - whether it's personal income taxes, or personal property taxes, inheritance taxes and more, they not only provide jobs anx make areas more economically viable, they do pay taxes..

It's not the political circus that keeps us from unifying as a people, it's those agenda seekers who want to use identity politics instead of talking about whats in our nations best interest, as an American people. Whenever someone tries to talk about that they are called racist, a Nazi, and more regardless of their ethnic background or their ideals.

There is a large group right now trying to destroy us as a nation - and a solid portion of the left is following them straight off the cliff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's not the political circus that keeps us from unifying as a people, it's those agenda seekers who want to use identity politics instead of talking about whats in our nations best interest, as an American people. Whenever someone tries to talk about that they are called racist, a Nazi, and more regardless of their ethnic background or their ideals.

Harassment Based on National Origin
Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities. Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, "Go back to where you came from," whether made by supervisors or by co-workers.​

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Harassment Based on National Origin
Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities. Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, "Go back to where you came from," whether made by supervisors or by co-workers.​

Yeah? I've heard it from a black man who followed me through downtown Chicago screaming it at me..

So what? It's part of life..

If anyone thinks this country is so messed up quite frankly go back to your home country (where your ethnically from) and fix things there..

Most of our parents fled absolute horrors in order for a chance at freedom - and if you hate everything about here, you can always leave but don't romanticize the horrors your parents fled and try and implement that life here on all of us...

We are a free nation, and a strong one (which is why everyone wants to come) - but only if we keep it that way...

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Yeah? I've heard it from a black man who followed me through downtown Chicago screaming it at me..

So what? It's part of life..

If anyone thinks this country is so messed up quite frankly go back to your home country (where your ethnically from) and fix things there..

Most of our parents fled absolute horrors in order for a chance at freedom - and if you hate everything about here, you can always leave but don't romanticize the horrors your parents fled and try and implement that life here..

We are a free nation, and a strong one (which is why everyone wants to come) - but only if we keep it that way...
Experiencing bigotry and racism is a part of life? Sure.

Why should people that criticize the government and want to change it have to leave? That is a completely ridiculous thought, especially considering the current president railed against the country while running for office. Moreover, why should people born in this country have to leave if they dislike the direction the government is taking it?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's look at The President's actions then:

• He has dated a woman of color.
  • Upgraded MLK's Birth place to National Historic level
  • Deported ex Nazi
  • Kissed the Western Wall
  • Has Jewish Grandchildren
  • Established Opportunity & Revitalization Council that retores black neighborhoods
  • Signed a major criminal reform bill (Reversing Clinton)
  • Gave Alice Johnson Clemency
  • Allowed Nelson Mandela the us of his personal jet
  • Declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy
  • Oversees the lowest unemployment rate for minorities
Then there are these inconvenient truths:

trump-is-so-racist-that-ali-rosa-parks-and-trump-4979915.png
Trump-not-racist-award-Jackson.jpg

So yes, please let's talk about how one is defined by his actions - but let's also be honest enough to look at all his actions, not just the ones spoon fed to us by his detractors

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why should people that criticize the government and want to change it have to leave?

Because the rest of us don't want to live in Somalia 2.0.. (you can insert the country of your choice there)

We prefer to live in the U.S... thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: section9+1
Upvote 0