Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well it makes me want to seek Jesus even more but at the same time, I don't know if He will accept me.

Sure, He will accept you.

Genesis 4:7
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.

Proverbs 21:3
To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. (Sorry about this verse; this is for my human-sacrifice friends.)

Jeremiah 14:10
Thus says the Lord to this people: “Thus they have loved to wander; They have not restrained their feet. Therefore the Lord does not accept them; He will remember their iniquity now, And punish their sins.”

And finally, we have this -

Acts 10:35
But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Do what is right in His eyes, and He will accept you.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Every since I renewed my faith in God and Jesus, I can't stop thinking about it. I also can't stop thinking about everyone else either and about how they are likely going to hell. Am I alone in this?

Hi
yes I think about this a lot but am not worried. I have the peace that comes from believing in our Lord. I am so glad I have accepted Jesus Christ, so I will not go to hell. But I am saddened and very concerned that so many have not woken up to the Good News of the truth. Their eyes, ears and hearts are closed, as once mine were. So their souls are headed in the wrong path. All I can do is pray for others and hope to influence them to know Jesus before it is too late.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi
yes I think about this a lot but am not worried. I have the peace that comes from believing in our Lord. I am so glad I have accepted Jesus Christ, so I will not go to hell. But I am saddened and very concerned that so many have not woken up to the Good News of the truth. Their eyes, ears and hearts are closed, as once mine were. So their souls are headed in the wrong path. All I can do is pray for others and hope to influence them to know Jesus before it is too late.

I feel I am open to receive but I have not yet received it yet. Perhaps it's too soon?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel I am open to receive but I have not yet received it yet. Perhaps it's too soon?
How have you tried to 'receive' salvation in that you do not think you have gotten it?

Jesus declares that none who come to Him will He cast away. Is it your own feelings that you 'think' that Jesus has not heard you? Because Christ does not turn His back on ANY that come to Him, so I am not understanding what you are saying or feeling.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How have you tried to 'receive' salvation in that you do not think you have gotten it?

Jesus declares that none who come to Him will He cast away. Is it your own feelings that you 'think' that Jesus has not heard you? Because Christ does not turn His back on ANY that come to Him, so I am not understanding what you are saying or feeling.

I say this while I am learning and trying to devote myself to Christ, they say those who are saved are Born Again and transformed. But while I have a new need to seek Jesus, I do not feel transformed. I am trying to follow His Word but at the same time, I still don't know what all that entails. So I am seeking and I hoping that I find Him.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Honestly ignorance is bliss. I sometimes wish I could go back to when I didn't worry about the afterlife and God and just played video games.

Yeah, I was so much more peaceful before everything chanhed, I wish I had that simple but strong faith.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I say this while I am learning and trying to devote myself to Christ, they say those who are saved are Born Again and transformed. But while I have a new need to seek Jesus, I do not feel transformed. I am trying to follow His Word but at the same time, I still don't know what all that entails. So I am seeking and I hoping that I find Him.
The Lord works in different ways with different people. He knows each of us and has a specific plan for each of our lives to bring glory to Him and for us to be light in a dark world.

Some people do have a radical transformation, but I have found many of them were also in very bad situations when they were saved, like alchoholism or drug abuse or abusive situations, so God has a lot of change to work with in them.

I did not have such a profound transformation from the beginning, but God has chosen to reveal Himself in my life and change my heart at a good pace. But God teaches us in love and sometimes that happens right away for some and for others they grow over time.

Few people's testimonies are the same, so don't le this bring you unrest. Have faith in God's Word that those who come to Him in earnest, in no way will He turn or cast away.

God bless you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jesus4Ever
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

According to Calvinism, you aren't able to seek Jesus. You can't follow His word, because it is foolishness to you and the natural man cannot understand it.

Upvote 0

Libertas

Jun 10, 2017
Florida
✟9,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A truly saved person does not need to worry about hell. If you've believed on the Lord Jesus Christ then you are saved (Acts 16:31, John 3:16, John 6:47) and secure (John 10:27-30; I Peter 1:5; Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:35-39; John 5:24)

If I were you I would pray and ask Jesus to save you right now.

Upvote 0

DivineD

May 12, 2016
?
✟8,570.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, don't worry about others faith life, what they experience and go through may not be what you go through. In John 21:20-23 Peter asks Jesus how this other disciple would glorify Him. Jesus' response? "What is that to you? Follow me" We all have our bowls that Father fills up. Transformation is not based on your feelings, but rather based on your actions or living in faith. Brother, Father knows and sees how you are seeking Him. In James 4:8 "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."
Keep it up brother, and be patient, keep an eye and hear our, the Father will surely reveal His glory to you. Seek, knock, and you will receive and answer Mat 7:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DivineD

May 12, 2016
?
✟8,570.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A truly saved person does not need to worry about hell. If you've believed on the Lord Jesus Christ then you are saved (Acts 16:31, John 3:16, John 6:47) and secure (John 10:27-30; I Peter 1:5; Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:35-39; John 5:24)

Yes, but being truly saved depends on the life you're living. Believing is not just with the mind, but through one's actions. Salvation is conditional, it depends on whether one repents and lives in Christ. Belief is shown through one's living, because if we truly claim to believe in God then we must behave like someone who believe God exists.

Upvote 0

Libertas

Jun 10, 2017
Florida
✟9,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but being truly saved depends on the life you're living. Believing is not just with the mind, but through one's actions. Salvation is conditional, it depends on whether one repents and lives in Christ. Belief is shown through one's living, because if we truly claim to believe in God then we must behave like someone who believe God exists.

Wrong.

Romans 11:6-7King James Version (KJV)
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

If eternal security is wrong then none of these passages make any sense: John 10:27-30; I Peter 1:5; Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:35-39; John 5:24

Salvation is by FAITH alone. It's asked ONE SINGLE TIME in the Bible "what must I do to be saved?" The answer is "believe ON the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved."

Believe ON. That means you're trusting ONLY in Jesus Christ to get to Heaven. Trusting in anything else will send you to hell. Believe that Jesus will take you to heaven when you die, trust only in Him for your salvation and you will be 100% sure about Heaven.

Jesus says you have eternal life if you believe on Him (John 6:47) - if eternal life could be lost then it was never eternal and God is a liar. Good works are great and everyone should do good works, but that doesn't get to you Heaven. Faith alone does, and it says so countless times in the Bible.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong.

Romans 11:6-7King James Version (KJV)
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

If eternal security is wrong then none of these passages make any sense: John 10:27-30; I Peter 1:5; Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:35-39; John 5:24

Salvation is by FAITH alone. It's asked ONE SINGLE TIME in the Bible "what must I do to be saved?" The answer is "believe ON the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved."

Believe ON. That means you're trusting ONLY in Jesus Christ to get to Heaven. Trusting in anything else will send you to hell. Believe that Jesus will take you to heaven when you die, trust only in Him for your salvation and you will be 100% sure about Heaven.

Jesus says you have eternal life if you believe on Him (John 6:47) - if eternal life could be lost then it was never eternal and God is a liar. Good works are great and everyone should do good works, but that doesn't get to you Heaven. Faith alone does, and it says so countless times in the Bible.

Please show us where those in evil works get to heaven.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to Calvinism, you aren't able to seek Jesus. You can't follow His word, because it is foolishness to you and the natural man cannot understand it.

...Then how are you supposed to follow Jesus? Also that's Calvanism and not what Jesus said.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I do everyday. Yet I receive no direction or indication of Him. Perhaps because I'm new in faith and I still have yet to learn everything but it scares that I may never find Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Libertas

Jun 10, 2017
Florida
✟9,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Please show us where those in evil works get to heaven.

Umm, have you read the old testament? There was a guy who committed adultry and even murder and still went to Heaven. You might know him.

Also -

Romans 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Again, I'm not saying to disobey God. If you disobey God he will whip you into submission on THIS planet.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am terrified of hell. I am extremely anxious about it, and it is the reason why I am seeking him.

This fact REALLY doesn't sit well with me. Every time I hear people say things like this it has me start to question religion more as it makes it seem as if God is a malevolent dictator who appeals to fear for obedience and calls it love.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Not everyone feels a "transformation" feeling. It's more of a spiritual transformation that you don't really feel.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Umm, have you read the old testament? There was a guy who committed adultry and even murder and still went to Heaven. You might know him.

Also -

Romans 4:5, But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Again, I'm not saying to disobey God. If you disobey God he will whip you into submission on THIS planet.

Yeah but only because He repented of His sins.

And it seems many people today disobey God but nothing happens to them on this planet. That's why there is Hell.

Upvote 0