United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q1:"Are you afraid of going to Hell?"

A1: A true born again from above spiritually changed saved believer (John 3 / Eph. 2) should FEAR NOTHING!

1 John 4:4
You are from God, little children, and have overcome them (evil spirits);
because greater is He who is IN you (God the Holy Spirit) than he who is in the "world". (devil/demons)

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected (mature) in love.

Matthew 10:28
Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul (Man);
but rather fear Him (GOD) who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

fear...Greek 5399...phobeō...to reverence, venerate, to treat with deference or reverential obedience.

Frances J. Crosby, 1873

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Blessed_Assurance/

Hebrews 10(NASB)...A New and Living Way
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by "a new and living way" which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You'll get there, to forgiveness. Sometimes it does take a while.

What helped me was thinking about how many times I let God down and knew that I was doing it. That helped me have more grace to others, even after severe hurt. You are right in that many people do not know what they do.

What I do now is don't even let myself get that angry. I nip it in the bud right away. It's not perfect, but it will get easier.

*big hug*

Thanks, I do not want to keep any anger inside boiling in company with any physical strength. I rather take it out on work, then I get something done, like weeding my garden or other positive things. I do want to concentrate on positive things and not on the unfare hurtful people that destroys peoples life in different degrees. So one step toward forgiveness is getting rid of anger to think clear. Sometimes other input helps ofcourse.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a household where comedy reigned. Even the Catholic Church wasn't sacred. Comedians on TV such as Monty Python, Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett, Dave Allen, Dick Emery, Norman Gunston and so on. It was hard to take Hell seriously to be honest.
But I sense that when we age and are staring death in the face with a serious illness like Cancer, we get a shock. Maybe its hard to see the funny side to life anymore. This must be what fear of the Lord is.
"Wake up! Respect your body! Respect others and Respect me for Goodness sake.!" Those of us who haven't taken God seriously, finally need to. Maybe there is an awakening, where we see Heaven and Hell at the same time.
But my problem with this fear of God is it when it turns into obsession. And some of us are hypersensitive and it gets all out of proportion.

People are different when they get sick and old and about to die. Some believe in God, some are afraid of the unknown, some are afraid of hell because they feel they are a big unforgiven sinner, some are atheists and think they will only become earth. One should respect them all and not mock.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have You ever asked an overweight christian person what they exactly they ate today, every pill, candy, food, powder, unhealthy dessert? Some minute later You ask if they are afraid of hell and see the reaction. Well it is certainly easy to get a christian to either not remember or lye on that, especially if there are foodrestrictions that He or She has not agreed to and punishments if the christian takes a candy in between meals. Or the christian might think You are being rude. But there are those kind of people out there. They also ask underweight christians when they ate last time, if they eat anything at all and if they have been fasting for a long time.

Upvote 0

ivanpetrov

May 27, 2017
Sofia
✟2,999.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every since I renewed my faith in God and Jesus, I can't stop thinking about it. I also can't stop thinking about everyone else either and about how they are likely going to hell. Am I alone in this?

If you don't make sins there is no need to be afraid of hell.
Let's see who is there:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I prefer Jesus' teaching much more.

Matthew 7
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

The Word of God is Good..

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once I walked in the tracks of a bear that was hunting, it had torn up a wildbees nest and spilled out honey and made clawmarks on a tree. For many kilometres we walked deep into the forest and saw the trace from time to time in berryseason. My dad was a brave man but I felt we should have come another day so I was a bit fearful. Would I then Have gone to hell because I felt I rather had come another day and not trusted dad with His knife. Again I had read in my bible that kids out to obey their parents so I had to shut up and keep picking and walking all day...and praying. Hearing a bear near is a bit fearsome for a kid. A bear is stronger. A hunting bear is hungry too. I did have some noise so we would perhaps scare away the bear and not meet it head on. Fortunatedly we did not see the bear but we saw a bloody leftover animal that day.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Disasters could happen, Right now K.P Yohannan with Gospel for Asia is accepting donations for the catastophe flooding in Sri Lanka As well. 208 people are dead and 92 missing and 674000 people have either lost their homes in the flood or otherwise been affected by it. Please pray and if You can donate now is a good time to do so, they accept paypal and cards. People that suddenly loose children and /or parents feel like a deep hopelessness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I'm dealing with that this week. I've found that praying for the people that hurt you helps. I ask God to bless them. I focus on that and it helps but sometimes the anger comes back and I have to pray for them again.

I did come across a strange advise that in my lifesituation at that time was a bit malplaced. One person said, if You are angry at someone, imagine her naked. All I could imagine was this person dead and waiting to be properly dressed after some failed surgery after some caraccident, ready to be carried away and buried. Things could never be solved, she could never be forgiven and had probably never realised how she hurt people. I do not know if anything changed but she seemed less of a danger. However reality is real and life is never fair. We can thank God for being His children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't make sins there is no need to be afraid of hell.
Let's see who is there:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I am fearful...but it also says in the Bible to fear God so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am fearful...but it also says in the Bible to fear God so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
It depends. My fear is the drop down and curl in a ball fear, that doesn't help. Revent fear (I would think) means you respect God and regard Him significantly in your life.

Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends. My fear is the drop down and curl in a ball fear, that doesn't help. Revent fear (I would think) means you respect God and regard Him significantly in your life.

Well my fear is this inner gnawing anxiety that does not stop except when I'm too busy to think about it.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well my fear is this inner gnawing anxiety that does not stop except when I'm too busy to think about it.
I understand. What does your anxiety make you want to do though?

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand. What does your anxiety make you want to do though?

I don't know...it just scares me. It makes me wish that I didn't exist sometimes and I sometimes question why humanity even exists if most of us are destined for Hell. But I'm not planning on acting on anything, if that's what you're thinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know...it just scares me. It makes me wish that I didn't exist sometimes and I sometimes question why humanity even exists if most of us are destined for Hell. But I'm not planning on acting on anything, if that's what you're thinking.

No, I just meant despair or seeking safety/hope.

Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to be when I was still living in sin, I was questioning my salvation. Repentance brings about assurance in God's promises. Romans 8:1 absolutely applies to me :)

Not implying that you are unrepentant at all, but for me 100% repentance calmed any fear I had.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well it makes me want to seek Jesus even more but at the same time, I don't know if He will accept me.
My fear would sometimes make me want to ignore all of my problems and just not face it. It is better to try to seek than this.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My fear would sometimes make me want to ignore all of my problems and just not face it. It is better to try to seek than this.

Honestly ignorance is bliss. I sometimes wish I could go back to when I didn't worry about the afterlife and God and just played video games.

Upvote 0