Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm guilty, and it may get me, and everyone I should be warning, killed. As the LORD told us in Hosea 4:6, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge! The point is, what if our Father told us when this earth age was to end, and none of us took it to heart? What if we refused to listen to Him? Impossible, you say? Okay, in my opinion, our Father told us plainly how long this flesh age was to last; even emphasizing it, telling us not to be ignorant of it. Read the verse below, and think about it, dwell on it, think about what it means.

God warns us to pay heed to the seasons and times (that point to his return) but also cautions it that we do not know the specific time of the coming of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I admit it..... I am terribly horribly ignorant but at least these past few months have been much better than average in making at least some progress against my lack of understanding.

Near death experiencer Dr. Kevin Zadai pretty much said only one thing to Jesus during his forty five minute brush with death. He told Jesus that He was the most misunderstood person who ever lived. I've been listening to video after video by Dr. Zadai and I agree that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is indeed terribly misunderstood.

Jesus largely quoted Himself to Dr. Zadai and clarified what He meant by all that He stated and it is obvious that we have gotten us significantly off track.

You may really like this:

:doh:

• Haha
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Did you know that our Heavenly Father, God, accuses us of being ignorant pretty much throughout the Holy Bible? Yep, it's true. For instance, even His watchmen, like me, He says are ignorant; I have no excuse! His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Isaiah 56:10

I'm guilty, and it may get me, and everyone I should be warning, killed. As the LORD told us in Hosea 4:6, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge! The point is, what if our Father told us when this earth age was to end, and none of us took it to heart? What if we refused to listen to Him? Impossible, you say? Okay, in my opinion, our Father told us plainly how long this flesh age was to last; even emphasizing it, telling us not to be ignorant of it. Read the verse below, and think about it, dwell on it, think about what it means.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 11 Peter 3:8

Our Heavenly Father, through His only begotten Son, through the Holy Spirit, through His Apostle Peter is telling us this flesh age has a definite ending; in my opinion, 7,000 years. Where then, does that put our generation in the cosmic scheme of TIME? Well, it puts us exactly 6,000 years out from the creation of Adam (4004 B.C.). That is when TIME began counting down for us. We are at the end of 6 days, and the 7th day is about to begin, the millennial day.

Humor me, let's do one more. When was our Beloved crucified? Most Biblical "scholars" believe it was 29 A.D. In other words, exactly two days ago from our generation. Now, search the scriptures and you will read that Jesus Christ told us, emphatically, that He would rise again on the third day. Over and over again He made a point of it. We could even say He did not want us to be ignorant of this one thing.

Our generation will see that third day begin. All I'm saying is, as His watchman, I want to bark! It's up to each of us if we want to see and hear. Thanks for listening, may the Lord bless everyone on this forum

I don't mean to say that the Lord doesn't have his use for those who focus on such things, but it seems to me much more important to develop the habit of living in Him, so that you are able to stand against what comes. If a person has the habit of disobedience, what is going to keep him from, for example, accepting the mark of the beast, even if he recognizes it for what it is? (Don't worry --yes, I am preaching against myself)

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you know that our Heavenly Father, God, accuses us of being ignorant pretty much throughout the Holy Bible? Yep, it's true. For instance, even His watchmen, like me, He says are ignorant; I have no excuse! His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Isaiah 56:10

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 11 Peter 3:8

Our Heavenly Father, through His only begotten Son, through the Holy Spirit, through His Apostle Peter is telling us this flesh age has a definite ending; in my opinion, 7,000 years. Where then, does that put our generation in the cosmic scheme of TIME? Well, it puts us exactly 6,000 years out from the creation of Adam (4004 B.C.). That is when TIME began counting down for us. We are at the end of 6 days, and the 7th day is about to begin, the millennial day.

Humor me, let's do one more. When was our Beloved crucified? Most Biblical "scholars" believe it was 29 A.D. In other words, exactly two days ago from our generation. Now, search the scriptures and you will read that Jesus Christ told us, emphatically, that He would rise again on the third day. Over and over again He made a point of it. We could even say He did not want us to be ignorant of this one thing.

Our generation will see that third day begin. All I'm saying is, as His watchman, I want to bark! It's up to each of us if we want to see and hear. Thanks for listening, may the Lord bless everyone on this forum

Peter isn't predicting the end of the world when he says that a thousand years are as one day in the eyes of the Lord. Peter is simply telling Christians to be patient. Everything will happen in God's timing, not in ours.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Peter isn't predicting the end of the world when he says that a thousand years are as one day in the eyes of the Lord. Peter is simply telling Christians to be patient. Everything will happen in God's timing, not in ours.
There are several riddles and even puns in Scripture, I think. When we get there we may well smack our foreheads in amazement that we didn't see it.

• Haha
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting post. Yes, ancient rabbinical scholarship places creation exactly in the year 3762 B.C.
Living in the year of our Lord 2020 would bring us about 218 years out from the close of 6000 years. Although nobody knows the Day of the Lord - because it will come as a thief in the night - there is reasonable evidence to see the end of all things happening in or around the year 2,238. I believe we are still about 2 centuries away from the end. Tell me about how long you believe we have until the end of the ages? Just curious.
That is possible... unless their counting has a flaw. Interesting is that if you count from Adam, we run 2000 year blocks (roughly) between Adam and the time God first spoke to Abraham, and then from there about 2000 years to Yeshua's birth... and then the same to us, roughly. We are closer to 6000 years at this point. Though how close can't be determined exactly so isn't worth being dogmatic over it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi james,

Read your OP and just thought I'd offer a secondary explanation for Isaiah's words that he wrote at the direction of the Holy Spirit.

I think it worth keeping in mind, whenever we are reading the Scriptures, 'who' God is talking to and 'who' He is referencing. The old covenant writings are basically historical in nature. They tell us how God has, throughout the existence of His creation, related to His creation. While we can certainly gain understanding of God's nature in understanding much of what we find in the old covenant, I'm not particularly convinced by some of this 'new age' thinking that every word of God is meant to be taken as applying to me, or today's believers in general.

My take on this particular passage that you have referenced in Isaiah, is that these words were spoken through God's prophet, to the people of Israel. God was saying that Israel's watchmen were ignorant and dogs. We, having now the luxury of knowing how the continuing history of Israel worked out, can see that God was absolutely right about this. Israel, as a nation, was not prepared, nor did they understand when Messiah visited them. Israel was God's 'watchmen' in the days of Isaiah. Even David wrote in his prophecy of the day of Jesus' death that 'dogs have surrounded' him.

So, while I also agree that surely most of the people of the world are ignorant, in their understanding of God and His purposes, I'm not convicted that God is referencing you through Isaiah's words.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is man's ignorance that crucified Christ ( Forgive them Father because they not know what they do ), it is man's ignorance that causes so so much evil, ignorance is the root cause of all the suffering created by man.

Of course, one can escape ignorance but this requires a huge effort, you have to deny yourself and stop listening to your mind, which is a major shift in one's conscience, your very own identity may collapse, simply because you will understand that most of the things you do are influenced by your very mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Two dogs barked. The farm owner let them out. He presumed they were investigating noises. They investigated and found no great threat, then went in again.

You ought not investigate the exact day or hour Jesus was born or died, only know he lives.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why does God ALWAYS wait for people to die, then revive, before He disseminates the information He wants people to have.

It's always the NDE people who acquire this knowledge from God.

He doesn't "ALWAYS" do this. Were all the Apostles NDE? What on earth are you talking about?? Non sense

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is man's ignorance that crucified Christ ( Forgive them Father because they not know what they do ), it is man's ignorance that causes so so much evil, ignorance is the root cause of all the suffering created by man.

Im a little confused.....Whose gets the credit for the sacrifices that gives life to the world? Man's ignorance?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For instance, even His watchmen, like me, He says are ignorant;

Here in lies the conundrum. Why are we to take anything your propose as truth....when you preface your statements with the exclamation that you speak in ignorance?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does God ALWAYS wait for people to die, then revive, before He disseminates the information He wants people to have.

It's always the NDE people who acquire this knowledge from God.
Few people have enough time to "be still and know" while alive...... There is no stillness greater than that of death....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He doesn't "ALWAYS" do this. Were all the Apostles NDE? What on earth are you talking about?? Non sense

The NDE are a today phenomenon not 2000 yrs ago, not 200 yrs ago but today yeah, sure they are........ typical.

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The NDE are a today phenomenon not 2000 yrs ago, not 200 yrs ago but today yeah, sure they are........ typical.

The sarcasm is going over my small brain. Are you saying that you subscribe to this notion that NDE are a reliable source for the Christian Faith or are you saying that we Christians should be extremely skeptical and count these "testimonies" as untrue until the burden of proof has been overcome by the near death experiencer's testimony squaring away with the Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition of the Apostles??

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The sarcasm is going over my small brain. Are you saying that you subscribe to this notion that NDE are a reliable source for the Christian Faith or are you saying that we Christians should be extremely skeptical and count these "testimonies" as untrue until the burden of proof has been overcome by the near death experiencer's testimony squaring away with the Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition of the Apostles??

Let me make it easy for your small brain then.

I am saying that all of those NDE people are full of.....deceit, that believe they have experienced something that never took place and they have gotten others like yourself to believe it as well.

Clear enough?

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let me make it easy for your small brain then.

I am saying that all of those NDE people are full of.....deceit, that believe they have experienced something that never took place and they have gotten others like yourself to believe it as well.

Clear enough?

Yeah, you are just not very bright is all. I never advocated listening to NDE or gave credence to their messages. I was being quite obvious that all of this is foolish. Thus I gave my understanding on how such "testimonies" should be interpreted: "we Christians should be extremely skeptical and count these "testimonies" as untrue until the burden of proof has been overcome by the near death experiencer's testimony squaring away with the Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition of the Apostles"
Humble yourself before you are rebuked. Oh and by the way stay away from people that mumble to themselves and call it the gift of tongues. Stay away from those who speak in tongues unless there is an interpreter present. Stay away from people who would "slay you in the spirit". I cannot believe I have to actually advise people away from this foolishness, but here we are, and spiritual pride reigns as king over the hearts of the rebellious, Korah like protesters.
Class dismissed my little student.

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting post. Yes, ancient rabbinical scholarship places creation exactly in the year 3762 B.C.
Living in the year of our Lord 2020 would bring us about 218 years out from the close of 6000 years. Although nobody knows the Day of the Lord - because it will come as a thief in the night - there is reasonable evidence to see the end of all things happening in or around the year 2,238. I believe we are still about 2 centuries away from the end. Tell me about how long you believe we have until the end of the ages? Just curious.
Thanks for the input Deus Vult. To answer your question, my thinking is the final generation of mankind began in 1948 when Israel became a State as that ends the fig tree parable. Of course, as the Bible tells us, no one is to know the time or the season of the end but our Heavenly Father. We must wait, but the Bible does say there is a "predetermined time" when the end shall come. Thanks again.

Upvote 0