Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOO WEEE! Talk about confirmation! I was just earlier today talking to one of my sisters in Christ about this very thing! Then I get on here and you have posted this! I am so floored! This is exactly what we were discussing and coming to the same conclusion as you.Here is something I pointed out to my sister in Christ.
John 20:1[ The Empty Tomb ] Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

IMHO we are already in the beginning of the third day. Notice in the scripture above, the women came to the tomb before dawn on the third day! Now I think that we have to look at what time the day began back then. For us today, the new day starts after midnight. But back then, the day started in the evening.

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

So, imho it is as you have said, the third day is beginning,and we are witnesses! HALLELUJAH!!
Thanks so much, Handmaid, it is good to hear from you. The Holy Spirit does have some unique and wonderful ways of talking to us, doesn't He?

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the input Deus Vult. To answer your question, my thinking is the final generation of mankind began in 1948 when Israel became a State as that ends the fig tree parable. Of course, as the Bible tells us, no one is to know the time or the season of the end but our Heavenly Father. We must wait, but the Bible does say there is a "predetermined time" when the end shall come. Thanks again.

What do you mean Final generation? A generation is roughly 25 years. There have technically been about 3 generations since 1948. But you did not answer my question though. I had asked about when did you think the end of time would be if you had a guess you cared to voice. If not no problem.

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting! I have thought 7000 years because of the first chapter of Genesis.. On the 7th day God rested. And Jesus said that there was war in heaven still while He was in earth, so clearly God has not "rested" imo.
I believe the creation narrative is absolutely as written, don't misunderstand. I just think it is possibly much more. I have only entertained this thought, not invested any time into checking into it. I just find your reasoning behind you thinking the same fascinating because I hadn't considered that reasoning. The only thing I did was Google the year on the Jewish calendar, which is 5780.
Thanks so much Nancy. It makes sense, doesn't it. Seven, in Biblical numerology means "spiritual perfection and completeness". Six, by the way, is the number for "man or mankind." That fits too.

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found this "the supposed 5775th year since the world was created on Saturday night, October 6, 3761 BCE.Sep 25, 2014
Really? October 6 is my birthday. I wonder if my mom was having fun on a Saturday night?

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean Final generation? A generation is roughly 25 years. There have technically been about 3 generations since 1948. But you did not answer my question though. I had asked about when did you think the end of time would be if you had a guess you cared to voice. If not no problem.
Hello again. There are three timelines for a "generation" in the Holy Bible: 40 years, 70 years and 120 years. Again, we are not to know the exact time of the end and it would be useless to speculate. I believe our Father did want us to know the generation though for as Yeshua told us, "This generation shall not pass." Thanks again for your input.

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello again. There are three timelines for a "generation" in the Holy Bible: 40 years, 70 years and 120 years. Again, we are not to know the exact time of the end and it would be useless to speculate. I believe our Father did want us to know the generation though for as Yeshua told us, "This generation shall not pass." Thanks again for your input.
A teacher in grade school told me a generation was 15 years, and now we have the contention between "baby boomers", Gen X, millennial... and, there is no consistency in terms of years.
it's interesting that NT Christians were certain the return of Christ would happen any moment and so have people in every time period since. It seems like the only constant among Christians in the last 2k years; this has got to be the end!
Someone, at sometime, will eventually be correct: not the day & hour, but the "times"
I think the whole of it just attests to what God has said all along: what a evil, dark world this is. Every generation feels it and expresses it.

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting! I have thought 7000 years because of the first chapter of Genesis.. On the 7th day God rested. And Jesus said that there was war in heaven still while He was in earth, so clearly God has not "rested" imo.
I believe the creation narrative is absolutely as written, don't misunderstand. I just think it is possibly much more. I have only entertained this thought, not invested any time into checking into it. I just find your reasoning behind you thinking the same fascinating because I hadn't considered that reasoning. The only thing I did was Google the year on the Jewish calendar, which is 5780.

Humanity has at least few dozens of thousands of years of recorded history, the calendar of my ancestors places our time somewhere between 7000-8000, one of the oldest calendar places our time somewhere in the year 10000. Some of the oldest human made artifacts are even 100000 years old....

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Humanity has at least few dozens of thousands of years of recorded history, the calendar of my ancestors places our time somewhere between 7000-8000, one of the oldest calendar places our time somewhere in the year 10000. Some of the oldest human made artifacts are even 100000 years old....
I realize there are other calendars, that carbon dating is a "thing"... I just chose to believe God over humans.
I've heard all the "facts" and have never heard one that causes me to believe God less. Even all the talk of other societies having similar religious ideas; of course they would if the Bible is true! It just serves as more proof to me, not less. Humans split into groups at Babel, they had a common knowledge that corrupted as it was passed down.
I think that whoever and whatever you chose to believe you will discover ways to "prove" it to yourself; humans do that.

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A teacher in grade school told me a generation was 15 years, and now we have the contention between "baby boomers", Gen X, millennial... and, there is no consistency in terms of years.
it's interesting that NT Christians were certain the return of Christ would happen any moment and so have people in every time period since. It seems like the only constant among Christians in the last 2k years; this has got to be the end!
Someone, at sometime, will eventually be correct: not the day & hour, but the "times"
I think the whole of it just attests to what God has said all along: what a evil, dark world this is. Every generation feels it and expresses it.

No, I was saying that the end would not be for another 200 years. The dude you responded to gave a time frame of the end being in about another 40 years.

Reactions: Nancy Hale
Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I was saying that the end would not be for another 200 years. The dude you responded to gave a time frame of the end being in about another 40 years.
That's why I quoted him and not you. And, why I wrote what I didn't about people always thinking it's THE "end" - it seems to be about the only constant in Christianity.
It could be anytime. BUt, if you were certain it was 200 years from now, would you do anything differently? I ask myself that. Same with "what if I knew it was tomorrow" . What if there was only today to make sure everyone you know accepts Christ as their savior?
I'm not trying to belittle a "watchman", which is a biblically sound thing; except in cases where it starts false religions and leads ppl astray (I'm thinking JW and so on)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why does God ALWAYS wait for people to die, then revive, before He disseminates the information He wants people to have.

It's always the NDE people who acquire this knowledge from God.
I think He speaks to a lot of living people too. They just listen better when their dead. IMO

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing that you're wrong.. cause... Christ said we don't know and He will come when we are not expecting it.... like a thief in the night...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Peter isn't predicting the end of the world when he says that a thousand years are as one day in the eyes of the Lord. Peter is simply telling Christians to be patient. Everything will happen in God's timing, not in ours.
He's also saying that God is not bound by time.. He resides outside of the physical bondage of what we know as time.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Let me make it easy for your small brain then.

I am saying that all of those NDE people are full of.....deceit, that believe they have experienced something that never took place and they have gotten others like yourself to believe it as well.

Clear enough?
Really?

And what, may I ask, gave you this all knowing wisdom in regards to NDE's?

I believe that some are mere fabrications... That goes with many things such as these..

However, many are real. Very real...

My father, a very religious man, just past away a month ago at 92 years of age, due to cancer.

His sister died a little less than a month before him at an age of 97 year of age.

My father also had Lyme disease and this disease manifested itself in sudden attacks of nausea and other uncomfortable symptoms. They could come at any time.

One day during the week of his big sisters funeral, he had an attack of Lyme. I was there and he looked like this one was going to take him... with his cancer and all. However, three days later, when I went to visit... he was much better.... all things considered.

He told my mother and I that on that day two angels came to take him. One on each arm. Both were the brightest blue/ white and very large. He looked back at his body in the bed and asked them what they were doing....

They said that they had come to take him home. He told them that he could not go.. his family were already burying one and two would be too much. He told them that he wasn't ready just yet.

They simply said.."OK, but we will be back".

Now.. what gives you the right to say that this was not real?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A generation may come every 25 years.. However the length that one generation actually lives is, or was, around 70. It's now about 80 years...

So, When the bible says "this generation will not pass away" it could mean that about 70 or 80 years will pass...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Really?

And what, may I ask, gave you this all knowing wisdom in regards to NDE's?

I believe that some are mere fabrications... That goes with many things such as these..

However, many are real. Very real...

My father, a very religious man, just past away a month ago at 92 years of age, due to cancer.

His sister died a little less than a month before him at an age of 97 year of age.

My father also had Lyme disease and this disease manifested itself in sudden attacks of nausea and other uncomfortable symptoms. They could come at any time.

One day during the week of his big sisters funeral, he had an attack of Lyme. I was there and he looked like this one was going to take him... with his cancer and all. However, three days later, when I went to visit... he was much better.... all things considered.

He told my mother and I that on that day two angels came to take him. One on each arm. Both were the brightest blue/ white and very large. He looked back at his body in the bed and asked them what they were doing....

They said that they had come to take him home. He told them that he could not go.. his family were already burying one and two would be too much. He told them that he wasn't ready just yet.

They simply said.."OK, but we will be back".

Now.. what gives you the right to say that this was not real?

Not to be disrespectful to anyone in your immediate family but, I voiced my opinion on the issue of NDE.

Did your Father die on that day and then revive, an NDE so to speak?

If not then he had a vision a vision is something completely different than an NDE.

What gives me the right to voice an opinion on the matter of NDE's I am a child of God, I have discernment and in my opinion they are false, what is taking place is not what these people are reporting it to be, you are entitled to disagree with what I have said, but that is your opinion, no one can prove it either way.

Sorry again but that is what (I) believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
Just because the verse says something about Israel in the author of Isaiah's day does not mean it is true of people in our day much less true of all people in all ages.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge!
Is it a good thing to encourage anxiety in the Christian community with claims about God killing "watchmen" who are allegedly lazy and then adding the claim that all Christians are in danger either as watchmen who are lazy or as people who do not receive the message of the allegedly lazy watchmen?

Religion ought not be used to control people by means of manipulating fear, obligation, and guilt.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We could travel at the speed of light for millions of years and barely get anywhere.

Bit of hyperbole there. At the speed of light we could visit Alpha Centauri in four years.

Of course if we take a bit wider angle I think the estimates for the width of the universe are now somewhere around 150 billion light years.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not to be disrespectful to anyone in your immediate family but, I voiced my opinion on the issue of NDE.

Did your Father die on that day and then revive, an NDE so to speak?

If not then he had a vision a vision is something completely different than an NDE.

What gives me the right to voice an opinion on the matter of NDE's I am a child of God, I have discernment and in my opinion they are false, what is taking place is not what these people are reporting it to be, you are entitled to disagree with what I have said, but that is your opinion, no one can prove it either way.

Sorry again but that is what (I) believe.
You're not "giving your opinion".. You made a statement of fact... nowhere did you state "IMO". Nowhere did you indicate that you could be wrong.... You just stated that these people were "full of deceit".

Maybe you should retract or apologize.... You are in no position to be an authority on the hearts and experiences of these people.

Upvote 0