Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Did your Father die on that day and then revive, an NDE so to speak?

Not all NDE's are revived by medical people. Some have miraculously come back to life without even any medical personnel around them...

SO... did my dad die and get revived...... From what he told me.. his body was in the bed... his soul was with heavenly messengers.... What do you think?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
Bit of hyperbole there. At the speed of light we could visit Alpha Centauri in four years.

Of course if we take a bit wider angle I think the estimates for the width of the universe are now somewhere around 150 billion light years.

Obviously there's places relatively near by that we can visit, but there's a hundred or so billion galaxies out there. So in terms of visiting them all and understanding them all, we're a bit stumped - we'd hardly even make a dent in our travels, and simply launching a rocket is a shockingly expensive practise. That's why we'll be forever ignorant to the universal scale of existence - as it is, we barely understand each other, let alone the moon even. How can we be anything other than ignorant?

Philosophy aside, I'd love to see NASA actually follow through with a mission to Alpha Centauri in my lifetime. I do just think that this human race is in for a rather humbling wake up call, very soon.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Philosophy aside, I'd love to see NASA actually follow through with a mission to Alpha Centauri in my lifetime

Considering propulsion systems we have available or even theorized for near future this seems unlikely.

I will settle for Moon and Mars colonies, some hotels in the orbit and mining operations in asteroid belt.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,377.00
Faith
Christian
Considering propulsion systems we have available or even theorized for near future this seems unlikely.

I will settle for Moon and Mars colonies, some hotels in the orbit and mining operations in asteroid belt.

Well, they've mentioned sky cities in the clouds of Venus - it seems a bit daft to me, and a lot of hard work. Mars would be a good option, especially when the luminosity of the sun increases (though I doubt it'll matter for humans.)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JackBratt, I dont believe all NDEs not even if they see a bright light (.II COR 11:14) But your dad's sounds very authentic. Believe Colton Burpo, too.

Angel's are ministering spirits (Heb 1:4, PSA 91:12). Paul said he didbt know if he was in or out of his body (II COR 2:1).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
JackBratt, I dont believe all NDEs not even if they see a bright light (.II COR 11:14) But your dad's sounds very authentic. Believe Colton Burpo, too.

Angel's are ministering spirits (Heb 1:4, PSA 91:12). Paul said he didbt know if he was in or out of his body (II COR 2:1).
Thank you for your honesty.

I think many believe we are physical beings and that a few of us have "spiritual" experiences.

I tend to believe that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

This outlook makes it far easier to understand that many of the NDE's are very real. Many even experience hell....

Who am I to argue?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your honesty.

I think many believe we are physical beings and that a few of us have "spiritual" experiences.

I tend to believe that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

This outlook makes it far easier to understand that many of the NDE's are very real. Many even experience hell....

Who am I to argue?
I agree that we are spiritual. And because this spirit is created in the image of God, we must remember that we, too, can create something out of nothing....... Things that are real to us, but not real to others.

So it would be accurate to say that the person did see what they saw as well as saying that it is not real to one who did not see it....

Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignorance comes from Ignore - it's not the lack of knowledge.

It's the intentional, purposeful disregard of information which does not further your narrative or intentions.

John 9:38-40 is a statement of ignorance.... You are presented with the truth and evidence yet choose to ignore it.

"Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

Thanks

Did you know that our Heavenly Father, God, accuses us of being ignorant pretty much throughout the Holy Bible? Yep, it's true. For instance, even His watchmen, like me, He says are ignorant; I have no excuse! His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Isaiah 56:10

I'm guilty, and it may get me, and everyone I should be warning, killed. As the LORD told us in Hosea 4:6, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge! The point is, what if our Father told us when this earth age was to end, and none of us took it to heart? What if we refused to listen to Him? Impossible, you say? Okay, in my opinion, our Father told us plainly how long this flesh age was to last; even emphasizing it, telling us not to be ignorant of it. Read the verse below, and think about it, dwell on it, think about what it means.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 11 Peter 3:8

Our Heavenly Father, through His only begotten Son, through the Holy Spirit, through His Apostle Peter is telling us this flesh age has a definite ending; in my opinion, 7,000 years. Where then, does that put our generation in the cosmic scheme of TIME? Well, it puts us exactly 6,000 years out from the creation of Adam (4004 B.C.). That is when TIME began counting down for us. We are at the end of 6 days, and the 7th day is about to begin, the millennial day.

Humor me, let's do one more. When was our Beloved crucified? Most Biblical "scholars" believe it was 29 A.D. In other words, exactly two days ago from our generation. Now, search the scriptures and you will read that Jesus Christ told us, emphatically, that He would rise again on the third day. Over and over again He made a point of it. We could even say He did not want us to be ignorant of this one thing.

Our generation will see that third day begin. All I'm saying is, as His watchman, I want to bark! It's up to each of us if we want to see and hear. Thanks for listening, may the Lord bless everyone on this forum

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just because the verse says something about Israel in the author of Isaiah's day does not mean it is true of people in our day much less true of all people in all ages.
Is it a good thing to encourage anxiety in the Christian community with claims about God killing "watchmen" who are allegedly lazy and then adding the claim that all Christians are in danger either as watchmen who are lazy or as people who do not receive the message of the allegedly lazy watchmen?

Religion ought not be used to control people by means of manipulating fear, obligation, and guilt.
Why do we have the scripture? Hmm? Are we not to learn from them?
Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Sinful human nature has not changed. What was true in Isaiah's day is also true today. Scripture teaches us
Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

It takes a strong Christian today to admit that they have not been as diligent as they should be. And it is time for the Church to wake up and to be about our Father's business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

It's the intentional, purposeful disregard of information which does not further your narrative or intentions.

John 9:38-40 is a statement of ignorance.... You are presented with the truth and evidence yet choose to ignore it.

"Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains."

Thanks
Can you show me how your arrived at this?

People that have no education.. are ignorant....
This is not due to them "ignoring" anything... They are ignorant because they have no knowledge. Not because they heard and chose not to listen..

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

Ignorance does not come from Ignore. These words come from the Greek word "Gnosis" which means Knowledge. And so 'Ignosis' or "Ignorance" simply means: 'without knowlege'. When you quoted (John 9:38-40) this is concerning what would be labeled as "willful ignorance" or "culpable ignorance" it is in fact the intentional disregard of knowledge that would otherwise save a person from their ignorance. Christians do this all the time. People do this all the time. It is sinful, and it occurs because people are lazy, don't care, are not interested, believe they already know enough, or are afraid of learning something that would force them to reconsider their currently held opinion/position on a matter.
Hope this helps.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you know that our Heavenly Father, God, accuses us of being ignorant pretty much throughout the Holy Bible? Yep, it's true. For instance, even His watchmen, like me, He says are ignorant; I have no excuse! His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Isaiah 56:10

I'm guilty, and it may get me, and everyone I should be warning, killed. As the LORD told us in Hosea 4:6, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge! The point is, what if our Father told us when this earth age was to end, and none of us took it to heart? What if we refused to listen to Him? Impossible, you say? Okay, in my opinion, our Father told us plainly how long this flesh age was to last; even emphasizing it, telling us not to be ignorant of it. Read the verse below, and think about it, dwell on it, think about what it means.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 11 Peter 3:8

Our Heavenly Father, through His only begotten Son, through the Holy Spirit, through His Apostle Peter is telling us this flesh age has a definite ending; in my opinion, 7,000 years. Where then, does that put our generation in the cosmic scheme of TIME? Well, it puts us exactly 6,000 years out from the creation of Adam (4004 B.C.). That is when TIME began counting down for us. We are at the end of 6 days, and the 7th day is about to begin, the millennial day.

Humor me, let's do one more. When was our Beloved crucified? Most Biblical "scholars" believe it was 29 A.D. In other words, exactly two days ago from our generation. Now, search the scriptures and you will read that Jesus Christ told us, emphatically, that He would rise again on the third day. Over and over again He made a point of it. We could even say He did not want us to be ignorant of this one thing.

Our generation will see that third day begin. All I'm saying is, as His watchman, I want to bark! It's up to each of us if we want to see and hear. Thanks for listening, may the Lord bless everyone on this forum
Jesus said no one knows the time

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not all NDE's are revived by medical people. Some have miraculously come back to life without even any medical personnel around them...

SO... did my dad die and get revived...... From what he told me.. his body was in the bed... his soul was with heavenly messengers.... What do you think?

Vision!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You're not "giving your opinion".. You made a statement of fact... nowhere did you state "IMO". Nowhere did you indicate that you could be wrong.... You just stated that these people were "full of deceit".

Maybe you should retract or apologize.... You are in no position to be an authority on the hearts and experiences of these people.

Sorry, it was not my intent to mislead.

KO, (It Is In My Humble Opinion) that the remarks I made in the post you are objecting to were my very own.

As far as my being wrong, you could also be wrong, so it's a wash isn't it?
What were actually talking about are opinions upon an event, my opinion is as valid as your so thanks for the input, 10-4, over and out.

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Indeed we are very ignorant. Our five senses(the Body) mean more to us than our soul and the sixth sense. We do not think much about life after. We do not obey GOD

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ignorance does not come from Ignore. These words come from the Greek word "Gnosis" which means Knowledge. And so 'Ignosis' or "Ignorance" simply means: 'without knowlege'. When you quoted (John 9:38-40) this is concerning what would be labeled as "willful ignorance" or "culpable ignorance" it is in fact the intentional disregard of knowledge that would otherwise save a person from their ignorance. Christians do this all the time. People do this all the time. It is sinful, and it occurs because people are lazy, don't care, are not interested, believe they already know enough, or are afraid of learning something that would force them to reconsider their currently held opinion/position on a matter.
Hope this helps.
Willfully Ignorant:
In Bible prophecy we are told that people will deliberately reject these:

1/ That God created the world, which at first was covered with water. Genesis 1:1-2
2/ That God once judged this world with a global cataclysmic flood. Genesis 7:1-24
3/ That God is coming back to judge this world again, but next time it will be by fire. Isaiah 66:15-16, 2 Peter 3:7

Notice that the emphasis here is on a deliberate rejection, or a willful ignorance. It is a deliberate action on a person’s part not to believe. Romans 1:19-25

People often ask the question: ‘If there is so much evidence that God created the world and sent a global cataclysmic flood called Noah’s Flood, then surely all scientists would believe this?’ The answer is given in Matthew 11:25

It is simply not a matter of evidence to convince people, because people don’t want to be convinced. There is ample evidence to convince anyone that God is Creator, so much so that we are condemned for not believing. Furthermore, Romans 1:18 also tells us that people ‘suppress the truth in unrighteousness’.

It isn’t a matter of there not being enough evidence to convince people that the Bible is true, because they don’t want to believe the Bible anyway. 2 Peter 3:3-4

The reason for this is obvious. If people believed in the God of the Bible, then they would have to submit themselves to His authority and obey the rules He has laid down. However, every human being suffers from the same problem, the sin which Adam committed back there in the Garden of Eden, is a ‘dis-ease’ which we all inherit. Adam’s sin was rebellion against God’s authority. Likewise, people everywhere today are in rebellion against God, so to admit that the Bible is true would be an admission of their own sinful and rebellious nature, and of their need to be born again by cleansing through the blood of Christ.

It is easy to see this willful ignorance in action when watching debates over the creation/evolution issue. In most instances the evolutionists are not interested in the wealth of data, evidence and information the creationists put forward. Often evolutionists attack creationists by attempting to destroy their credibility. They are not interested in facts because they are totally committed to their religious faith called evolution.

And, as Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:37-39 uses the event of Noah’s Flood as a warning that God has judged and will judge again, they would have to agree that God is going to come back as judge and next time He will use fire.

Sinful man in rebellion against God does not want to admit that he must stand before the God of Creation one day and account for his life. Thus, in rejecting Creation and Noah’s Flood and claiming ‘scientific’ evidence that supposedly supports his own belief, he becomes comfortable in not thinking about coming judgment. But, just as God created the world by His Word and sent the Flood, so God will judge this world, once again ‘as in the days of Noah’: by sending fire. Matthew 3:12, Luke 12:49

The fossil record stands as an undeniable memorial to the fact that God has judged by water. All of this should warn each man, woman and child that just as God has kept His Word in the past concerning judgment, so He will keep His Word in the future coming judgment, in His Day of fiery wrath., that will severely affect everyone alive. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Zephaniah 3:8, Revelation 6:12-17, Revelation 14:18-20

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is simply not a matter of evidence to convince people, because people don’t want to be convinced.
OOO! YEAH! That hits the nail on the head Elder Brother.:) I don't know whether you are familiar with him, but the music artist Ron Isley of the group The Isley Brother years ago wrote a song with a lyric that said essentially the same thing. It says,
You might not be in the mood
To learn what you think you know

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0