Are we alone in the Universe? Could there be life on other planets?

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This question has puzzled mankind for centuries and I bet most of us have looked up at the night sky and thought "Could there be other civilizations on other worlds like ours?"

What are your thoughts on this subject?

P.S. This thread is for a bit of fun, please don't get too serious or have arguments.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are distances of time as well as space. The universe could be like a forest of fireflies with life winking in and out over time instead of like a christmas tree with many lights softly glowing all at once. I don't think we are 'alone' as though we were the only light that ever came on or ever will come on. But it might be like that, little fireflies of civilizations. The only way to tell would be to stay 'on' for a very long time, and so far we haven't done this. Maybe some others have and they might visit, or we might find traces one day, we'll see. I feel like all these other places and vastness are here for a reason, so we may be able to visit them after death once our physical constraints are removed and sin is purged from us. Once we are Pure.

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things," or cities, or in some translations I think "kingdoms"

Matthew 25:14-25
Luke 19:12-19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This question has puzzled mankind for centuries and I bet most of us have looked up at the night sky and thought "Could there be other civilizations on other worlds like ours?"
What are your thoughts on this subject?
P.S. This thread is for a bit of fun, please don't get too serious or have arguments.

Nope. God only created man, and sent His Son only for us that He created.

A second answer is that it doesn't matter. It's already hard enough to converse
with Mars. Before we found a statistically similar planet, life on earth would be gone.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Considering the sheer amount of room and probable planetary systems in the visible universe, it'd be very surprising that life only developed on ONE planet. I mean, I'm sure it probably scratches a psychological itch to be at the center of things, but it seems like a real waste to have all of this STUFF out there and have it be just barren.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you imagine the scene. Contact has been made with E. T. years have gone by trying to understand and translate there language and now at last, finally, we can communicate.
There opening statement is, ' Please could you tell us about Jesus!'

Upvote 0

ejcopping

May 29, 2017
Newcastle
✟11,703.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can see no reason why bacterial or animal life shouldn't exist on other planets after all earth is teeming with life.

Could there be other intelligent life out there? Who knows according to the Bible heavenly beings exist and they seem to have intelligence. If

I guess Genesis 2 is the important part of scripture.

Did God rest on the 7th day and continue creating again on the 8th day?

Upvote 0

ajharmon89

Sep 5, 2017
Kalamazoo
✟8,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I saw a video by Ken Ham from Answers in Genesis that suggested that the idea of aliens from other planets goes against scripture. I think to come to that conclusion you must stretch scripture a bit. We shouldn't let the discovery of life on other planets shatter our faith.

I think it is safe to say from scripture that Jesus only died for the human race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums