• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are there sincere seekers in hell?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Clizby WampusCat, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,822
    Christian
    Single
    Or, judging from the posts, it's more likely its just as I say it is with the op. Its fairly rare, but one can only go so far with some people, and it makes no sense to continue.

2. Loversofjesus_2018

Loversofjesus_2018 Well-Known Member

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sorry I should have phrased that show you the evidence instead. Hopefully someone is willing to do this for you :)

3. Loversofjesus_2018

Loversofjesus_2018 Well-Known Member

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yeah abs I don’t know your history with the op so maybe you have discussed before in that case I understand. But from all the posts I’ve read in this specific post no one has answered the question of what evidence worked for them. I guess I was just hoping it would be productive somehow that’s all. :)

4. Lukaris

Lukaris Orthodox Christian Supporter

+1,432
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Sometimes I wonder what absolute proof can be given on matters of life beyond death? I believe the Gospel is a proven truth and though I am unintelligent, I doubt I could convince many if I was intelligent ( I would probably do better).

On a secular level, I believe the moral teachings of the Gospel are unmatched ( I cannot convince everyone of this though). Christ’s commandments ( for ex. Romans 13:8-10, Matthew 6:2-3) can easily be adopted by secularists or other religions probably but not everyone will be convinced. At a basic level, I will try to persuade another person re this but I do not want to be malicious about it ( then I am guilty of hypocrisy & worse).

While the moral teachings of the Gospel are indispensable ( Acts of the Apostles 26:20, James 2:17-20, Ephesians 2:8-10 etc.). It is the kingdom of God, the Lord wants to be preached. Colossians 1 is a little long but it is actually a great summary of salvation and our earthly commitment to it.

Whether I convince another person or not, the important thing for both parties to be humane observe the golden rule ( Matthew 7:12, Matthew 7:1-12). To tell another person that the door is always open as long as we live, not assume I got it in the bag & you do not, but still teach that there is a judgment ( see John 5:22-30).

5. Rodan6

Rodan6 Member Supporter

+123
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Terrific, thoughtful question! I would answer this way. It is better to be a seeker, lacking in faith, but passionately seeking the truth--than to be a "believer" that fails to seek truth. The gates of heaven are wide open to the honest doubter. One who seeks truth (wherever they can find it) already proceeds as God has intended. A fragment of the Father dwells within each of us, drawing us to Him through this longing. The seeker of truth is a soul in motion, destined to find every answer in time. So many people profess faith, but have stalled in their progress because they believe they have found their answers in a book written by men.
    Trust in this desire to know and understand that this thirst is spirit led within you. When I was young, I feared that I would never find the "evidence" that you seek. But the apparent futility of the quest did not suppress the craving to know that I felt inside. For me, my big breakthrough came when I made the decision to not be concerned only with evidence that I could show to others. Once I became willing to evaluate evidence for myself, I was rewarded.
    "Seek and you will find" is a powerful law in our universe. Be patient, but more importantly be persistent in your search.
    May God bless you in your journey!

6. Clizby WampusCat

Clizby WampusCat Well-Known Member

+503
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The reason I am an atheist is because I started to evaluate evidence of myself and studied how to properly of that. The rest of the post is assertion without evidence.

7. Rodan6

Rodan6 Member Supporter

+123
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You are either a "seeker" or you are not. One who searches openly for the truth-regardless of where that truth is found, is a "seeker of truth".

God is the absolute of love and logic. If you seek the truth, you seek Him. It does not matter if you acknowledge Him, only that one engages in the pursuit. The danger to the soul comes in the denial or rejection of truth when ultimately confronted by it. The true seeker does not fear truth, but instead relishes every new discovery.