• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are there sincere seekers in hell?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Clizby WampusCat, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Clizby WampusCat

Clizby WampusCat Well-Known Member

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Ok, I agree this is your interpretation.

My heart does not know anything. I believed many wrong things for many years because I listened to my heart. Convince my intellect and I will have no choice but to believe.

Ok. I have been told this before by different Christians with different methods.

2. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,518
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Hmm, what would it take?
    What if an invisible hand wrote the words

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

on your computer screen?
    Would that do it?

3. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,286
    Atheist
    Again, your god should know.

Is your god omniscient? Yes? Then he knows what it would take whether I do or not.
    Is your god omnipotent? Yes? Then he can make it happen. And, he can do so without violating free-will.
    Is your god willing that any should perish? No? Then, whence this state of affairs.

4. Clizby WampusCat

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    No, How would I know it was from a God and not a computer virus which would be the more logical assumption. The actual answer would be I don't know until there is good evidence for the actual reason.

I don't know what would convince me. If God exists and wants me to know he exists He would know and I would be convinced.

5. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,334
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    That is a barbaric. It's hard to see how that would make such a judgement righteous.

The masses of humanity have never heard of Jesus or cannot appreciate Christian doctrines, not having grown up in a culture that accepts its myths as the default truth.

6. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,477
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Years ago when the ' troubles' where at there height some it's terrorist where brought before a court.
    When ask ' How do you lead, guilt or not guilty? '
    They turned there backs on the court shouting ' we do not recognise the authority of this court!'

Strangely this did not stop there trial, not guilty pleas where enters for them and it proceeds.
    Sorry I can't remember, if I ever knew, what the verdict was.

The point is whether you think it barbaric or not is irrelevant.
    Ignorance is never an excuse, talk to a traffic cop about not knowing the speed limit and see what he says.

The Bible says in several places that the sky proclaims the glory of God etc etc

There are no atheist tribes or people groups they know about God.

7. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,334
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Ridiculous and sophomoric.

8. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+2,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I am in the habit of praying to God about people who have died because God's Nature allows him to respond when they were still alive.
    Thus, God can reach out to them when they were still alive.
    If they are seeking God after death and pray. God can reach out to them when they were still alive. It is not praying to humans.

Therefore he made atonement for the dead, so that they might be delivered from their sin. -2 Maccabees 12:45b

9. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+2,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
  10. Clizby WampusCat

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    You don’t know what other people think or don’t think. Yes, there are people like me that do not believe god exists. Calling them liars is not treating them with respect.

11. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,477
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Please read again what I wrote.
    Do you know what a tribe is, or a people group?

They are not people in the west or in other parts of the world who identify as atheist.

Of course if you can demonstrate how you do belong to a tribal group that is atheistic or to an atheistic people group I am perfect willing to apologise.

Otherwise please read what people post?

12. Clizby WampusCat

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Define people group please.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  13. Clizby WampusCat

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Thanks for sharing your beliefs. How do I know your interpretation is correct?

14. Loversofjesus_2018

Loversofjesus_2018 Well-Known Member

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I’m just asking a question because you seem to be genuinely willing to help others who may have certain struggles. I’m curious do you think there is evidence for the op that they couldn’t find a problem with? Maybe that’s what the op is looking for. Something that is 100% certain in which they don’t need to take someone else word for it. Do you think this could be available to the op? Like say it was available to Thomas? Others believed but Thomas said he would not unless he seen with his own eyes and and touched his hands where the holes are. If there are people who think like Thomas out there in this world why are they treated so badly? Even if they refuse to believe the evidence others give, isn’t that exactly what Thomas refused? I don’t recall for sure but if my memory is correct he was not treated unkindly for this. You seen to be kind abs willing to help where you can so I thought I could ask you. Hopefully you don’t mind. I’m not trying to argue or say your wrong.

15. Loversofjesus_2018

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So it’s fair to say that the reason you believe what you believe is because to you it makes most sense out of the options your given?

16. Loversofjesus_2018

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Is it possible the op may be sincere and your words could help them if you do answer? I would think the possibility of one person coming would be worth it, no? And even if it doesn’t help the op maybe it helps a fellow believer or another person who is interested. I personally would be really interested to hear the answers to the op’s questions if you wouldn’t mind? Thanks

17. Loversofjesus_2018

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I really am hoping they answer. Don’t give up I believe they would love to help you out and if not you, I’m interested to hear also so maybe they will take the opportunity to be a light. I realize it can frustrating to have to repeat but the result of helping you see what the truth is if it helps would be worth it I would hope.

18. Loversofjesus_2018

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I really wish it didn’t always stop here. There has to be a better way of helping each other. I hope at least

19. Loversofjesus_2018

+195
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The op is saying it will if it’s convincing. Isn’t it worth it if it helps them?

20. Clizby WampusCat

+497
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I do not need help. I need good evidence to believe. That is all I am asking for.