Are there really any parallels between Revelation 20:7-10 and Revelation 19?

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As to Revelation 20:7-9, the first thing to consider is, that that passage is obviously compressed. Which then should mean the missing details are found elsewhere, or other passages imply Revelation 20:7-9 without coming out and mentioning a battle like this.

As to passages that might imply Revelation 20:7-9, the following is such a passage.

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Obviously, verse 12 hasn't been fulfilled yet. Obviously as well, verses 16-18 are meaning post verse 12. Everyone that is left here of all the nations which came against Jerusalem, can't be meaning saved saints that put on bodily immortality at the 2nd coming if they can be threatened with punishments for failing to comply with what is commanded of them. Therefore, these have to be mortals, and we all know no mortal can live forever. And the fact they might not be happy campers during the thousand years since they face punishments for failing to comply, makes them perfect candidates for satan to deceive after the millennium, deceiving them to think they can somehow overthrow Christ's one world government.

Amils find that preposterous, that anyone who has been in the bodily presence of Christ for a thousand years, that they can then rebel in the end. If that's preposterous, it should be equally preposterous that the devil and his angels basically did the very same thing. They were clearly in God's presence, clearly knew He was God, clearly knew He had created them, yet they rebelled, regardless. Obviously, beings such as satan, they are vastly superior in intelligence than that of man. They obviously know things that haven't even entered the minds of men. And if they can rebel, but that that is not preposterous, why is it preposterous that man can rebel as well, even though God was literally in their presence for a thousand years?
Coming against Jerusalem is not the same thing as Satan's army leaving Jerusalem to head to the Valley of Megiddo.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, that's the reason I think mortals will live an entire thousand years and then some. That is because no one has done it yet, and here they will be doing it, and doing it while God is bodily present among them at the time, and they still rebelling in the end.

Why would these mortals be spared in order to produce offspring, where in the end, all of their offspring is devoured by fire from God out of heaven?

Something you might not be factoring in, when Christ returns there will obviously be infants and young children throughout the earth, and that they obviously wouldn't be among the beast's armies. What should we assume happens to them at the time? Is it possible that they grow up, thus grow older during the millennium? Obviously, no one that puts on bodily immortality is ever going to age, but do these infants and young children also put on bodily immortality at the 2nd coming? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not certain. Something to ponder at least.
That is why most all premil are wrong.

There are no "mortals" as you all call them in the Millennium. No such thing as an immortal. That is Greek mythology.

All will be changed out of Adam's dead corruptible flesh. No one will be left to give birth to naturally born dead people with a sin nature. Mortals are dead people living out death physically, because they are not in a permanent incorruptible physical body.

Those on earth will not know sin, nor even know about sin. Sin will be eradicated from the earth and all former things will be wiped from people's memories.

Isaiah 65:17-18

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy."

How we currently experience things will be totally forgotten.

So no dead mortals. All that will be gone and forgotten.

Yes new humans will be born grow up and live forever. That is why one is stilled considered a child at 100. Obviously we mortals cannot even grasp that concept.

That is why those in the Millennium will not know nor understand what life is like now. At least not until Satan is loosed and deceives many people offering something they don't have, ie sin.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You lost me by denying the reality of the millennium (1000 years). I don't debate with those holding Amil doctrine as I've found it pointless.
It's too bad that you're so closed-minded and not open to learning anything.

In Rev 20:2-3 we are expressly told that Satan is detained in the bottomless pit for 1000 years. In Rev 20:7, we are told that 1000 years had ended and Satan is released; I don't argue with anyone that denies this Biblical truth!
You have chosen to have a certain understanding of what that entails (that it means he is completely incapacitated). That you won't even consider an alternative is baffling to me. Especially when that conclusion results in a contradiction of much other scripture.

Apollyon/Abaddon is a fallen angel on his right. He is not Satan - claiming he is, is where your theory went awry.
You don't seem to have read the text very carefully. It indicates that the locusts, which are not literal locusts, but figuratively represent fallen angels, have Apollyon/Abaddon as their king (Rev 9:11). Who else is king of the fallen angels except for Satan? The fallen angels are called Satan's angels in verses like Revelation 12:9 and Matthew 25:41. Why do you not consider things like this? You're closed-mindedness does you no favors.

Rev 19 describes a battle and in verses 17-18 we see an angel summon the fowls of the air to come and eat human flesh - no flesh-eating bird can eat a human being while he's still alive - leaving the reader to understand that they are all dead.
What was your point here exactly?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is why most all premil are wrong.
You are premil as well, so this was an interesting statement for you to make. It doesn't concern you that people only rarely ever agree with you about anything?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
After the thousand years the only death Revelation 20 records is those coming against the camp of the saints and the holy city, that they are devoured by fire from God out of heaven. It is not reasonable that anyone who has part in the first resurrection, that they too are devoured by fire from God out of heaven.
You either can't see or purposely avoid Revelation 20:6, where it says those resurrected martyrs may die a second death, but because their names are Written in the Book of Life, they will automatically receive immortality at the GWT Judgment.
Again, I hold my position that none of the mortals that make it into the millennium will be alive at the end of it as it will mean they live for over 1000 years.........Post #20
This I fully agree with. Good Bible truths, thanks.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You have chosen to have a certain understanding of what that entails (that it means he is completely incapacitated). That you won't even consider an alternative is baffling to me. Especially when that conclusion results in a contradiction of much other scripture.

You don't seem to have read the text very carefully. It indicates that the locusts, which are not literal locusts, but figuratively represent fallen angels, have Apollyon/Abaddon as their king (Rev 9:11). Who else is king of the fallen angels except for Satan? The fallen angels are called Satan's angels in verses like Revelation 12:9 and Matthew 25:41. Why do you not consider things like this? You're closed-mindedness does you no favors.

Shouldn't we be interpreting some of this in light of the following?

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Obviously, those that don't have the seal of God in their foreheads, they are in satan's kingdom. How then does it make sense for satan to have these locusts torment those in his own kingdom? To accomplish exactly what? What Mark 3:24 records?

Why would the king over these locusts need to be satan? The text says the king is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

And you have proof from other Scriptures that those are also names for satan? Wonder why, per the following, for example, the text never mentions Abaddon nor Apollyon when referring to satan?

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The text doesn't say, also called Abaddon nor Apollyon.

Are you going to do the same thing you are accusing @Trivalee of doing, be closedminded about it, and not open to learning anything? If satan is the king of the BP, and the fact when the locusts are let loose, they are to torment those in satan's kingdom, not those in Christ's kingdom, that contradicts Mark 3:24 unless that is satan's intentions all along, to have his kingdom divided against itself, so that his kingdom cannot stand.

In Revelation 20, the idea is, when satan is loosed from the pit, he is to go out and deceive the nations. How is he possibly doing that, in any sense, if these locusts are sent out to torment those that don't have the seal of God in their foreheads, and that if this is supposed to be meaning when satan is loosed from the pit after the thousand years?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You either can't see or purposely avoid Revelation 20:6, where it says those resurrected martyrs may die a second death, but because their names are Written in the Book of Life, they will automatically receive immortality at the GWT Judgment.
If it says that you need to explain how it is saying that, because I don't see it saying that.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't we be interpreting some of this in light of the following?

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Obviously, those that don't have the seal of God in their foreheads, they are in satan's kingdom. How then does it make sense for satan to have these locusts torment those in his own kingdom? To accomplish exactly what? What Mark 3:24 records?
Did you somehow forget that Satan goes around like a roaring lion looking for whoever he can devour (1 Peter 5:8)? Do you think he actually cares about the well being of those who are in his kingdom? Doesn't it makes sense that he would want to make them want to die and make them bitter towards God? Isn't that the kind of thing he does?

Why would the king over these locusts need to be satan? The text says the king is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
I already explained this. If you understand that the locusts represent fallen angels and that Abaddon/Apollyon is their king, then who else could it be than Satan? The fallen angels are described as Satan's angels in other scripture like Revelation 12:9 and Matthew 25:41.

Please address this. I already covered this and you said nothing in response to it. Why?

And you have proof from other Scriptures that those are also names for satan?
Again, it describes Abaddon/Apollyon as being the king of the locusts. If you understand the locusts to be a figurative reference to fallen angels, then it only follows that Abaddon/Apollyon would be another name for Satan since he is the king of the fallen angels. That's why they are called "his angels" in verses like Revelation 12:9 and Matthew 25:41.

Wonder why, per the following, for example, the text never mentions Abaddon nor Apollyon when referring to satan?

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The text doesn't say, also called Abaddon nor Apollyon.
Why do things need to be spelled out to you for you to discern them? Do you know that Satan is called other names in scripture as well, such as Lucifer, Belial, Baal and Beelzebub? Abaddon/Apollyon means "destroyer" which is one of Satan's attributes.

Are you going to do the same thing you are accusing @Trivalee of doing, be closedminded about it, and not open to learning anything?
LOL. If I was closed-minded then I would still be a Premil. I have learned A LOT over the years because of being open-minded. But, that was after much study. I feel when it comes to end times doctrine, my beliefs are mostly set in stone at this point, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

If satan is the king of the BP, and the fact when the locusts are let loose, they are to torment those in satan's kingdom, not those in Christ's kingdom, that contradicts Mark 3:24 unless that is satan's intentions all along, to have his kingdom divided against itself, so that his kingdom cannot stand.
Where are you getting the idea that Satan's kingdom would be divided against itself if he is Abaddon/Apollyon? Do you think Satan would not approve of what the locusts are described as doing? What tends to happen when Satan and his angels afflict someone and they refuse to turn to God for help? They get bitter towards God, right? Isn't that exactly what Satan wants?

In Revelation 20, the idea is, when satan is loosed from the pit, he is to go out and deceive the nations. How is he possibly doing that, in any sense, if these locusts are sent out to torment those that don't have the seal of God in their foreheads, and that if this is supposed to be meaning when satan is loosed from the pit after the thousand years?
Because if you continue reading in Revelation 9 you can see that those people refuse to repent and they become bitter towards God and towards His people, which is exactly what Satan wants to happen.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it says that you need to explain how it is saying that, because I don't see it saying that.
It doesn't. Also, how does it even make sense for him to basically say that they could die a second death, and yet they can't? They either can or they can't. He needs to make up his mind on that.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Amils have the most absurd interpretation of eschatology. I wish you well because I don't have the time or the energy to engage in an argument that is guaranteed to yield nothing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok, let's look closely at Rev 20:6 and see if agrees that the resurrected can die again.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with him a thousand years.

To understand the passage, let's look at three sub-texts that make up the text.
  • Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: hopefully, you agree that these are those that lived in this age.
  • On such the second death hath no power: This is a direct reference to those (as just mentioned) that rose in the first resurrection. And the second death (meaning that of the soul in the lake of fire and brimstone) has no power over them.
  • But they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with him a thousand years. They will reign with Christ during the millennium.
In case I missed something, would you care to tell us where the passage says they may die a second death? Do you really understand that the second death in this context is not the death of the flesh but of the soul in hellfire?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In case I missed something, would you care to tell us where the passage says they may die a second death? Do you really understand that the second death in this context is not the death of the flesh but of the soul in hellfire?
Your point above; over them the second death has no power.... is the proof that those resurrected martyrs can die again. Otherwise: why say it?
Nowhere is it said they will be resurrected immortal. The text merely says:..... brought back to life.....

My point is that ONLY at the GWT Judgment, when the Book of Life is opened, does anyone receive immortality.
As Isaiah 65:20 tells us; people will be born and will die during the Millennium.

This truth:- that no one becomes immortal before the final Judgment , is the complete refutation of the 'rapture to heaven' doctrine.
Only after the 7000 years of Gods decreed time for mankind is over, does Adam, Job, Abraham, and all those whose names will be found in the Book of Life, can become immortal for Eternity.
The culmination of God's Plan to have a people with Him, who have freely chosen Him and who obey His Commandments, for Eternity.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amils have the most absurd interpretation of eschatology.
Meaningless statement. I believe the same about Premils. They ignore passages that teach that Christ reigns now, that all unbelievers will be killed when He returns, that there will be one general resurrection day and one judgment day. They twist all of the straightforward scriptures which teach those things in favor of a literal interpretation of a passage within the most highly symbolic book in all of scripture. Now, THAT is absurd.

I wish you well because I don't have the time or the energy to engage in an argument that is guaranteed to yield nothing!
I wish you well, too, of course. It's just a shame that you're so closed-minded.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your point above; over them the second death has no power.... is the proof that those resurrected martyrs can die again. Otherwise: why say it?
You're not making any sense. If the second death has no power over them, then how can they suffer the second death? They can't because it doesn't have any power over them. So, to conclude that they can die again completely contradicts the fact that the second death has no power over them. The concept that some people will be resurrected with mortal bodies is also not something that is taught anywhere in scripture, but that doesn't seem to concern you for some reason.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You're not making any sense. If the second death has no power over them, then how can they suffer the second death? They can't because it doesn't have any power over them. So, to conclude that they can die again completely contradicts the fact that the second death has no power over them. The concept that some people will be resurrected with mortal bodies is also not something that is taught anywhere in scripture, but that doesn't seem to concern you for some reason.
Bro Keras likes to see himself as a teacher, yet he lacks an understanding of most basic Bible teachings. For example, he believes we will not resurrect with immortal bodies and claims those that resurrect will die again until they receive immortality at the GWTJ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere is it said they will be resurrected immortal. The text merely says:..... brought back to life.....

My point is that ONLY at the GWT Judgment, when the Book of Life is opened, does anyone receive immortality.
As Isaiah 65:20 tells us; people will be born and will die during the Millennium.

This truth:- that no one becomes immortal before the final Judgment , is the complete refutation of the 'rapture to heaven' doctrine.
Only after the 7000 years of Gods decreed time for mankind is over, does Adam, Job, Abraham, and all those whose names will be found in the Book of Life, can become immortal for Eternity.
The culmination of God's Plan to have a people with Him, who have freely chosen Him and who obey His Commandments, for Eternity.
I beg to disagree. My Bible tells me we shall rise with immortal/spiritual bodies that will not die again.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,050.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Meaningless statement. I believe the same about Premils. They ignore passages that teach that Christ reigns now, that all unbelievers will be killed when He returns, that there will be one general resurrection day and one judgment day. They twist all of the straightforward scriptures which teach those things in favor of a literal interpretation of a passage within the most highly symbolic book in all of scripture. Now, THAT is absurd.

I wish you well, too, of course. It's just a shame that you're so closed-minded.
We are polarised as far as our doctrines go, and that's OK.
  • The scriptures never said that all flesh shall be killed when the Lord returns because Zech 14 shows that a lot of humans will survive and live in the millennium.
  • Matt 25 - the sheep and goat judgement also shows that humans will live in the millennium (at least the sheep) because scripture never said those depicted as sheep and goats are judged in the spirit.
  • There is more than one resurrection: the first is for those that died in Christ i.e. in the church age (1 Thess 4:16), and the second resurrection is for the wicked (from the time of Adam to the return of Christ) and will occur at the end of the 1000 years when the GWTJ is set up.
  • Please read Rev 20:5 and tell me there's no second resurrection.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • The scriptures never said that all flesh shall be killed when the Lord returns because Zech 14 shows that a lot of humans will survive and live in the millennium.

That's the only thing that can possibly mean since it is crystal clear that that is meaning post Christ's bodily return, the fact it is meaning post Zechariah 14:12. Anyone that insists Zechariah 14:12 has already been fulfilled is making up stuff since it's obvious that hasn't been fulfilled yet. And if we don't apply Zechariah 14:16-19 to a future millennium, this can only mean one thing in that case, mortals post Christ's return live forever, thus can't die either. Which of course is preposterous. We know these are mortals because no saved saint that has put on bodily immortality at the last trump when Christ returns, is then going to be threatened with punishments for failing to comply with what is commanded of them.

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee(Zechariah 14:5)

This event occurs first. It's involving the same event the following is involving. Are some interpreters going to insist that the following in the NT is involving Christ's return in the end of this age but what is recorded in Zechariah 14:5 isn't?

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Does Zechariah 14:5 also involve the Lord coming to execute judgment at the time? It does if it leads to the following, which it clearly leads to.

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Compare that with the following.

Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Then we need to factor the following in post that.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

This is meaning after Zechariah 14:12 and Revelation 19:21 are fulfilled, not before they are fulfilled. And it clearly says, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles---there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

The text indicates that this is meaning everyone that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem, therefore, it is not meaning those that Zechariah 14:12 and Revelation 19:21 happened to. Because, clearly, what happens to those per Zechariah 14:12 and Revelation 19:21, they would not still be remaining after that, thus they can't remotely fit these---every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I beg to disagree. My Bible tells me we shall rise with immortal/spiritual bodies that will not die again.
Which WILL happen: at the Great White Throne Judgment. Not before.
and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee(Zechariah 14:5)

This event occurs first. It's involving the same event the following is involving. Are some interpreters going to insist that the following in the NT is involving Christ's return in the end of this age but what is recorded in Zechariah 14:5 isn't?
Firstly, Revelation 19:14 is crystal clear: ONLY the armies of heaven will accompany Jesus at His Return.

Then, after Jesus Returns, He will judge the nations. Matthew 25:31-34 They will all be living, mortal peoples for all of the Millennium.
The GT martyrs will be raised back to mortal life and will stay in Jerusalem with King Jesus.

His 'sheep' will be His priests and co-rulers around the world; Revelation 5:10 and the 'goats' are the peoples who must come to Jerusalem annually to keep the feast of Tabernacles.
At the end of the Millennium, comes the Judgment, then Matthew 25:46, Revelation 7:15-17, and Revelation 21 to 22 will be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The following is based on my observations, thus I'm not saying nor implying that other views are necessarily seeing it this way.

Let's look at Revelation 19 first by starting with these verses.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

I would think, if Revelation 19 is involving the 2nd coming like a lot of us tend to believe, verse 11 is meaning when it initially begins. Which means that verse 19 can't even get fulfilled until the 2nd coming has happened first. Regardless what it might look like when that is being fulfilled, that verse has the beast and his armies gathered together to make war with Christ and His army.

One thing we know, or should know if we don't, verse 19 is meaning after the 42 month reign of the beast. We know that because of what Revelation 13:7 records, that the saints are being overcome by the beast during it's 42 month reign. And that verse 19 in Revelation 19 is not involving any saints being overcome by the beast at the time. Therefore, in this age prior to the 2nd coming, meaning during it's 42 month reign, the beast wages war against the saints and overcomes them. Then at the end of this age once the 2nd coming has occurred, the beast and it's armies wage yet another war, this time against Christ and His army. Except this time it is the beast and it's armies that are overcome, and not any of the saints instead.

OP continued in next post.

Main parallels, or similar situations, seem to be the “assembling of armies” and “punishment in the LOF”

In revelation 19 the beast assembled armies. In revelation 20, the dragon assembles armies.

In revelation 19 the beast is thrown in the lake of fire. In revelation 20 the dragon is thrown in the lake of fire.

It could be inferred that this occurs to both entities once they come out of the abyss.

Upvote 0