Are the Father and God Diffearnt/Seperate/Same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its a book (I own and have read it) that includes a tape recording of some of the best false teachers saying what is biblically wrong. Hank goes through the book pointing out why its wrong with scripture. Hank always gets slack because he keeps people accountable and sees his role as such.

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
they didn't have it...Can you give me an example(s) what Benny Hinn teaches that is wrong, you said; "Its a book (I own and have read it) that includes a tape recording of some of the best false teachers saying what is biblically wrong". So please tell me something cuz I want to konw...you don't have to but if you have some time over you can do it. If you don't want to pput it here, and I would give an advice; don't! Cuz people are starting discussions like fire here;) So if you wnat to I can give you my e-mail.

Love,
Sam

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Wave
they didn't have it...Can you give me an example(s) what Benny Hinn teaches that is wrong, you said; "Its a book (I own and have read it) that includes a tape recording of some of the best false teachers saying what is biblically wrong". So please tell me something cuz I want to konw...you don't have to but if you have some time over you can do it. If you don't want to pput it here, and I would give an advice; don't! Cuz people are starting discussions like fire here;) So if you wnat to I can give you my e-mail.

Love,
Sam

Sam -
I'll email you later and we can talk that way if you'd prefer on this. You are correct - it is a bit of an inflamed issue with certain people. I'm not trying to put you off of what you've already learned, but I think that it is best if we are diligent in our learning and discerning in what we hear and see.

God always fulfills his promises to us and in Matthew 5:6 Jesus said, "Blessed are those who thirst and hunger after righteousness for they shall be filled."

In Christ -
Shawn

Upvote 0

jbenjesus

<font color="blue">Berean</font>
Jan 23, 2002
Miami
Visit site
✟7,945.00
Faith
Christian
There is but One God, who is also considered One Lord, One Father, One Creator, One King

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Mark 12:28-34 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

Malachi 2:10 Have we not all one father ? hath not one God created us ? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 44:6-8 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel , and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:2-6 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 46:8,9 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

I Corinthians 8:4-6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ephesians 4:5:6 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all , who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Info on Benny Hinn:

Due to some rather startling statements in the original edition of Good Morning,Holy Spirit, Hinn came under fire from a few organizations that perceived serious doctrinal discrepancies in Hinn's theology.

The most public criticism of Hinn's teachings came from the Christian Research Institute which took Hinn and his publisher, Thomas Nelson Company, to task for what CRI perceived as heretical statements. This resulted in Nelson revising the questionable material in its later releases and Hinn apologizing and promising not to promote in the future the teachings under question.

He is a strong proponent of "revelation knowledge"--new truths revealed to him by God directly--that are not contained within Scripture. Only recently has he stated that he will no longer claim revelation knowledge as the authority for his teachings.

More than this, Hinn claims to actually be a channel for God--that God enters him and takes over his mind and tongue to the point where he is unaware of what he has said.

Hinn has asserted that all three persons of the Triune Godhead have their own independent bodies, souls, and spirits, as well as wills.

Hinn teaches that when one is born again by faith in Jesus, he is given a new spirit man that wasn't there before--a spirit man that is divine in nature and God-like.

In another statement, Hinn asserts that though we are not Almighty God Himself, nevertheless, we are now divine.

One of the popular teachings of Hinn's and of the World Faith Mission is that Jesus took on the nature of Satan and had to be born again. This doctrine is intrinsically linked to the "Jesus died spiritually" heresy which postulates that Jesus' shed blood was insufficient for the redemption of man; He had to suffer at Satan's hands in Hell and be born again as the first man to conquer death. He made this statement:

"He [Jesus] who is righteous by choice said, 'The only way I can stop sin is by Me becoming it. I can't just stop it by letting it touch Me; I and it must become one.' Hear this! He who is the nature of God became the nature of Satan where He became sin!" (TBN, 12/1/90).

In this one statement, Hinn manages to convey three distinct errors concerning Jesus, to which we must answer the following: 1) Jesus is not righteous by choice, but by nature; 2) Jesus never said these words, either in Scripture or to Benny Hinn personally, because they are unbiblical; 3) Jesus' nature is constant; even God cannot change His nature from God to something else. When He became a man, the Word of God co-mingled his divine nature with the flesh of man, not angels; but that is the limit of His approaching anything like assuming Satan's nature. This idea is a first-rate heresy which, drawn to its conclusion in the supposed spiritual death of Jesus denies the blood of Christ and damns those who teach and believe it unless they repent. It is a different gospel from that given through Scripture.

Statements of Herasy:

(1) Never, ever, ever go to the Lord and say, 'If it be thy will';
(2) No Christian should ever be sick;
(3) We Christians possess 'power in our mouths' to heal or kill just as witches possess it;
(4) Job tapped into the negative side of the faith force by a negative confession;
(5) Christ 'became one with the nature of Satan' and was 'born again' in hell;
(6) Christ would have sinned without the Holy Spirit and would have remained in the grave 'if the Holy Ghost had changed His mind about raising Him from the dead' [Jesus said, 'I have power to lay down my life and I have power to take it again' (Jn 10:18) for He is God];
(7) We are 'little gods' and even part of God with all the power of God; and
(8) We are 'little messiahs,' everything that Jesus ever was."

Some of his statements, such as that a woman was originally designed to give birth from her side, or that Adam and Eve were super beings who could fly to the moon, are not only heresy, but ludicrous blunders. Yet Hinn claimed that most of them, as well as the heresies above, came as direct revelation from God under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. To attribute such errors to the Holy Spirit is blasphemy of which he has not repented. That Hinn's alleged "Holy Spirit" teaches error and folly should be enough to discredit his book about "the anointing of the Holy Spirit," yet it has been a runaway best seller.

Upvote 0

tom

brownlee40
Feb 16, 2002
slc ut
Visit site
✟8,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"God is the same, yaeh, but that doesn't mean that we have the whole picture of Him..."

The way he saves us has not changed either. there are different ages, but not dispensations as dispensationalists define them...besides, that docterine has been rewritten so many times because they got the dates wrong..sheesh.
twbrownlee1@mainemail.com
chuck smith was just talking about this same thing i was wonder this my self as well there is the trinity. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.