Are the Father and God Diffearnt/Seperate/Same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by edpobre

edjones,

That's a FALSE hope you got there! Jesus died for the Church. He GAVE his life for it (Eph. 5:25). If you are not a member of Christ's BODY or church, you are NOT covered by his blood. Thus, your sins are NOT forgiven and you are NOT saved.

Edpobre

It would seem to me, EdPobre, that your hope lies not in Chrsit, but in your church.. and that us a false hope.

Salvation does not come afrer you join any church. Salvation is joimning a church. ANhone who accepts Chrsit as their Lord and Savior, become a member of the Body of Chrsit upon recieving salvation. Anyone who recieves salvation, is thus automatically a member of the true church of Christ.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus identified the FATHER as the ONLY true God (John 17:3,1)

It always come does to this, Edpobre.

For whatever reason you sem to think that:

"Father is the only true God"

is the same as:

"Only the Father is the only true God".

Why do you think this? No one knows. I have asked, and you never respond, but simply say it is.

These two phrases say differetn things entirely. If the later were true, it would be in scripture instead of the first. However, what you want to be in scripture, just isn't there. I only hope that others who read this se teh difference that you cannot.

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Edpobre, calm down, mabe take a baby asprin.
Jesus Christ died for SINNERS - ME, He died to save ME.
When I trusted in The Lord Jesus Christ ALONE to save me I became part of the Church , His body.

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by edpobre

edjones,

That's a FALSE hope you got there! Jesus died for the Church. He GAVE his life for it (Eph. 5:25). If you are not a member of Christ's BODY or church, you are NOT covered by his blood. Thus, your sins are NOT forgiven and you are NOT saved.

Edpobre

...? I don't want to be say this but that was not good! what do you(Edpobre) stand on when say sth like that? Jesus gave his life for the church, but you don't have to be in a church to be covered by his blood. Call upon the name of the Lord, and you shall be saved!

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by LouisBooth

To the question about Hinn..Read christianity in Crisis. I didn't believe it until I heard hinn say it on the tapes that come with the package I bought. Nutty stuff..that guy is off his rocker.

Still don't understand what you're talking about. I've heard Benny Hinn when he was in Finland, and that man knows God! He knew(know) God face to face, still not 100% that he says is from God, we are all in the flesh.

Upvote 0
I'll have to agree with Louis (not something I've done too much of in the past) about Benny Hinn. He's pretty wack!!!

He's quoted as saying that Jesus was going to manifest physically on stage with him while he was over in Africa doing a crusade and that he was going to bring back footage of it. That's a very heretical statement and it definitely goes against everything that scriptures teaches about the second coming of Christ.

I don't really want to start a war on this thread, but in my humble opinion, Benny is a dangerous false prophet because he has such a wide platform from which to speak (international tv).

Back to the 3-in-1 doctrine. It's been said several times on this thread, but perhaps worth repeating, just for the sake of having something to type. God is one God, yet three distinct personalities. I think it was Louis who mentioned/recommended reading Hank Hanagraaff's book. A good choice in my opinion. But better is just scripture - it's very plain. And as someone else so wisely pointed out - I may not totally comprehend it or understand it, but it doesn't mean that it isn't true or that's the way it works. Our perspective is so different than God's that there is no way we could ever totally comprehend His majestic nature and personality. Even King Solomon - the wisest man to ever live according to scripture - was not able to fathom the Almighty.

shawn

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Good words about 3-in-1 doctrine shawn! Don't think we have to discuss Benny hinn here, he's not here right now;), but I just wanted to ask you why you said so about him...sorry if soebody went angry ors th like that. However, Gos showed me who the holy Spirit is throug Benny's book, and he his programms(TV) have been a big blessing for me.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>I always thought that God/Father/Son are all the same entiety

They are three different persons, that is all three have a different personality. Even though we are living in the Holy Spirit dispensation and He is in the world today. We actually know the least about the Holy Spirit. The reason for this is, He does nothing to Glorify Himself, He always Glorifys the Son, and Jesus always honors the Father.

What we know about the Holy Spirit is mostly found in Shaddows and Types in the Old Testament. But we do know He is like a Dove, He is peaceable, and easy to chase off. We need to be careful not to quench or grieve the Holy Spirit of God.

All three have the same mind, and the same divine thoughts. They work together in one mind and in one accord. Just like the early church, and just like the Bride will be of one mind, and think the Divine thoughts that Jesus had when He walked the earth.

There is true peace between true believers, because they share the mind of Christ and hold all things in common. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Wave
Good words about 3-in-1 doctrine shawn! Don't think we have to discuss Benny hinn here, he's not here right now;), but I just wanted to ask you why you said so about him...sorry if soebody went angry ors th like that. However, Gos showed me who the holy Spirit is throug Benny's book, and he his programms(TV) have been a big blessing for me.

Really the only sound advice that I can give you when it comes to someone like Benny Hinn is the following - is what he says line up with what scripture tells us is true. If what he says does not, but he claims that it does - that makes him either a false prophet or misguided. Those who are misguided love to be corrected because they want to believe the truth and they want those whom they teach to believe the truth (Acts 18:24-28). If they refuse correction, then they can no longer be referred to as being misguided and they can now be correctly named for what they are - which is a false prophet. Benny Hinn has refused to back off of his heretical statements concerning Christ.

Again the only advice that I can give you in this matter is to not take what I say to you as being correct, don't take what Benny Hinn says or writes as being correct, don't take what anyone tells you as being correct - do as the Bereans did in the book of Acts - when they were taught, they studied the scriptures to see if they were being taught the truth. That's what we should all do, and then we will be able to see if what we are hearing is true or false.

Did you know that to train money handlers - they are taught how to analyze legal paper money both in sight and in feel. They become so acquainted with the real thing that as soon as a conterfeit crosses their path, they recognize it instantly. I'd suggest the same strategy with God's word. Become so familiar with it, that when someone comes speaking a different message to you - no matter how authentic it may appear to sound - you will be able to spot it easily and defend the truth that holds you and you hold in your mind, soul and heart.

I'm really don't want this to seem like I'm attacking Benny's character - I'm not. But I will attack his teaching because when you view it beneath the microscope/filter of New Testament scripture, it just doesn't hold up. And that's what anyone who posts here should be judged by, and that's what anyone who is in a position of authority should be judged by - both our ministers/leaders and those tv evangelists.

again - in christ and with humble heart,
shawn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Just another quick note about listening to those in our midst (congregation/friends/laypersons/evangelists). It is our responsibility (with the help of the Holy Spirit of course) to check what is said against scripture. Because someone who is in a position of authority says something is a particular way does not necessarily make it so - we need to be wise in our knowledge and we need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff - to discern right teaching from wrong teaching. God will give us the ability to do this if we immerse ourselves in diligent study of the scripture, in much prayer and in humble spirit to the Holy Spirit.

Looking at the first four beatitudes in Matthew - they build upon each other in progressive stages.

Case in point:
Matthew 5:5-6 "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

A person who is meek is a person who is humble. A humble person knows their limits and knows that they must rely on God to survive and make it through this life. A humble person has a teachable spirit - have you ever tried to teach someone who was proud? So those who are humble will in turn hunger and thirst for righteousness and Jesus says that those who do will be filled. He doesn't say they might be will or they could be filled, but that they will be filled. That's a promise! If we truthfully, prayerfully and humbly search the scriptures, then the Holy Spirit will make known to us what we need, so that when we hear bad doctrine - no matter how good it may sound at the time - we will be able to make the correct choices.

in Christ,
shawn

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Shawn, what you said was great! It's our responsibliety to check what's from God and what's flesh. But I haven't found anything that Benny said in his book "Good morning..." taht was against the scripture. I have to say that I've heard him say something that I didn't get according to the Word, but like you and me, he's still in the flesh, we aren't in heaven yet...

You said; "He's quoted as saying that Jesus was going to manifest physically on stage with him while he was over in Africa doing a crusade and that he was going to bring back footage of it. That's a very heretical statement and it definitely goes against everything that scriptures teaches about the second coming of Christ.", that was not according to the Bible, so in that case you're right;)

But again, he's an evangelist that God uses and have used. When I set him I could see that he obeyed God, I could see it, not feel it or believe in it when somebody else said it to me. And I haven't found something in his prachings that have been so wrong that I could call him a false prophet.

Sam

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"God is the same, yaeh, but that doesn't mean that we have the whole picture of Him..."

The way he saves us has not changed either. there are different ages, but not dispensations as dispensationalists define them...besides, that docterine has been rewritten so many times because they got the dates wrong..sheesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Wave - concerning your lastest post to me - I'll reply perhaps tomorrow. After spending almost 14 hours in front of the computer today - I've neither the energy nor the coherency to reply in any sort of manner.

I'll leave you with this - I believe that there is some fallacy in your logic concerning Benny Hinn. I can explain more later when I'm able to think straight.

shawn

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
LouisBooth, I'm sorry if you took something of that I said as that God's way of salvation have changed, sorry! I don't neither believe that God saves in the same way he always have; through faith. So sorry if I was telling somethings else. We can't look what preachers say about salvation, we have to look in the Word! What is "christianity in crisis"? I've never heard about that book, if I can get it, I will read it... God bless you guys!

Upvote 0
Wave - "Christianity In Crisis" is a book written by Hank Hanagraaff. He's also written a few other books as well - "Counterfeit Revival", "Resurrection", and "F.A.C.E. the Farce Behind..." not sure what the complete title is to that one.

I've only read "Resurrection", but if he's other books are anything like that one - they should be pretty good.

Hope this helps

In Christ -
Shawn

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.