Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Furthermore who else hates mosquitoes!? Why are they so itchy!? What is the purpose for their existence anyways!? Except for the fact that some animals might eat them I don't know. All I know is I have so many itchy bites on me and I'm sick of it!! :mad:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Furthermore who else hates mosquitoes!? Why are they so itchy!? What is the purpose for their existence anyways!? Except for the fact that some animals might eat them I don't know. All I know is I have so many itchy bites on me and I'm sick of it!! :mad:
Insects are members of the kingdom of animals. As opposed to plants and fungi and the like. They love you and you hate them. Which hardly seems reciprocal, but it does make them parasites. Obligate parasites because they NEED your blood and you are unwilling to share. Me either.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Insects are members of the kingdom of animals. As opposed to plants and fungi and the like. They love you and you hate them. Which hardly seems reciprocal, but it does make them parasites. Obligate parasites because they NEED your blood and you are unwilling to share. Me either.

Right,.. so I don't want to make it seem like I'm questioning God or sounding sacrilegious or anything like that,.. but why in the world would He create a creature like that? Just out of sheer curiosity because like I stated in my OP,.. they are so annoying!! :mad: (Oh yeah and I think that mosquitoes count as insects. :scratch:)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Yes. Insects are animals.

Extremely annoying animals.

What is the purpose for their existence anyways!?
I don't think god exists, but on the off chance he does, I intend to ask this very question before I'm cast into the pit. Hope he answers.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right,.. so I don't want to make it seem like I'm questioning God or sounding sacrilegious or anything like that,.. but why in the world would He create a creature like that? Just out of sheer curiosity because like I stated in my OP,.. they are so annoying!! :mad: (Oh yeah and I think that mosquitoes count as insects. :scratch:)

They are a punishment that's for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
MosquitoInfographicFINAL-full-size_vg32D5x.original.png

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I knew about using repellent and we have screens on our windows and follow most of the other stuff,.. but I never realized that mosquitoes don't like the smell of beer. That's interesting. I don't drink it anyways though.

You got it backwards Rose.

Mosquitos DO like the smell of beer.

Drink beer and you're more likely to get bitten.

NB Some perfumes can act as mossie repellents.
OB

• Useful
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah, I think they're food for other animals. I'm talking about mosquitoes btw, most insects are food.

Why Do Mosquitoes Exist? (11 minute read)

TLDR; They provide food for a range of other animals, they act as pollinators and they carry some neat diseases

OB

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged