Wasnt sure where to put this.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to talk about the metaverse. For those who don't know whst the metaverse is its a virtual reality experience that is going to replace the internet that Facebook creator Mark Zuckerburg is currently working on.

He has already made a virtual reality gaming experience called "Meta quest 3". This means that the internet will be completely replaced by virtual reality. And instead we will have "avatars" of ourselves that we can make look exactly like us and live in this virtual world. Several movies and anime have spoofed this real upcoming technology like the movie "Free guy" on disney plus or the popular anime "Sword art online 1 & 2" only i doubt that whst happens in the SAO universe can happen in real life.

That being said i don't even know where to begin with this "future" technology and how we as Christians should react to virtual reality completely replacing the internet and gaming as we know it. I don't think I have to explain many of my concerns since I can't on this site but let's just say virtual reality would make perverted things perverted things more realistic and VR would enhance this experience. Basically it would take sexual sin to a completely new level. Not to mention all sins. Even if you didn't use it for perverted reasons it takes us Christians away from spending time with God. It's true, video games, TV, and everything else can be taken way out of hand and make us spend less and less time doing what God called us out to do. Doing these things in moderation is not a sin. But the metaverse plans to take away reality and put us in a world that would become the new reality for people.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense. All the metaverse is doing is just taking us all away from our spouse and loved ones and sticking us into a reality that's so realistic that it's going to take us away from the new reality. I don't think people are going to be using the metaverse in moderation. The metaverse is going to completely take people away from reality and completely away from God. Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The problem lies with the plans to link us physically to this metaverse by way of implantation, creating a hybrid more fitting the world of the Adversary. Welcome to the eugenics of the 21st century. Loyalty to this world will be manipulated digitally. God asks us to make choices willingly, whereas the Adversary will not.

“Consider the unlimited possibilities of having billions of people connected by mobile devices, giving rise to unprecedented processing power, storage capabilities and knowledge access. Or think about the staggering confluence of emerging technology breakthroughs, covering wide-ranging fields such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, the internet of things (IoT), autonomous vehicles, 3D printing, nanotechnology, biotechnology, materials science, energy storage and quantum computing, to name a few. Many of these innovations are in their infancy, but they are already reaching an inflection point in their development as they build on and amplify each other in a fusion of technologies across the physical, digital and biological worlds”

“Establishing trust in the data and algorithms used to make decisions will be vital,... Citizen concerns over privacy and establishing accountability in business and legal structures will require adjustments in thinking

“The mind-boggling innovations triggered by the fourth industrial revolution, from biotechnology to AI, are redefining what it means to be human,”

“The future will challenge our understanding of what it means to be human, from both a biological and a social standpoint”. (35)

“Already, advances in neurotechnologies and biotechnologies are forcing us to question what it means to be human”.

“Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies will not stop at becoming part of the physical world around us—they will become part of us. Indeed, some of us already feel that our smartphones have become an extension of ourselves. Today’s external devices—from wearable computers to virtual reality headsets—will almost certainly become implantable in our bodies and brains. Exoskeletons and prosthetics will increase our physical power, while advances in neurotechnology enhance our cognitive abilities. We will become better able to manipulate our own genes, and those of our children. These developments raise profound questions: Where do we draw the line between human and machine? What does it mean to be human?”

“the ability of new technologies to literally become part of us” “curious mixes of digital-and-analog life that will redefine our very natures

These technologies will operate within our own biology and change how we interface with the world. They are capable of crossing the boundaries of body and mind, enhancing our physical abilities, and even having a lasting impact on life itself “.

“active implantable microchips that break the skin barrier of our bodies”, “smart tattoos”, “biological computing” and “custom-designed organisms”

sensors, memory switches and circuits can be encoded in common human gut bacteria”, “Smart Dust, arrays of full computers with antennas, each much smaller than a grain of sand, can now organize themselves inside the body”, “implanted devices will likely also help to communicate thoughts normally expressed verbally through a ‘built-in’ smartphone, and potentially unexpressed thoughts or moods by reading brain waves and other signals”

Synthetic biology” “the ability to customize organisms by writing DNA”.

All quotes Klaus Schwab... co-founder of the WEF

Upvote 0