Is Jesus understanding or are there no exceptions?

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The evil impact and the level of corruption differ from sin to sin.
Ok, I can agree of the level; if I commit adultery as a newlywed I affect my wife and if I have kids I affect the whole family but still adultery is adultery in God's eyes, this sin is no worse than drunkenness. Sin is Sin. Peace

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some sins will send you to hell. Some will separate you from God. But littler ones like presumptuous sins can be repented of daily. Adultery has its consequences and fornication has greater consequences than average daily falling short Because it’s willful. God chastises for greater sins.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no such thing as 7 deadly sins, as all sins are deadly.
Why? Because every sin is like saying to God that you know better, it's prideful. It's rejection of God and since God is just, all sin must be punished.
I see things in terms of real and unreal.

God is about a real as reality gets. to move closer to god is to move closer to true reality. Sin - to move away from god, you become more and more unreal.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF! I'm not so sure an action that is sinful in the eyes of God would be helpful to anyone, that being said, the action may not be sinful if the need is great or lifesaving. I guess you will need to be more specific. Blessings.
You think there is a concept of accountability???

Maybe god can visualise the scenario of everyone doing gods will, and can then see how much of the sin the person has to answer for??? like a whole chain of events.

For example - it could be that the sin wouldn't have happened if everyone else had done gods will?? that means everyone else should be accountable????

maybe it's not as obvious whos the bad guy and whos the good guy. ???

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Got can’t forgive a person if they are ‘continuing’ in sin. There’s no repentance.
I think so too. I dont know if a good god would or should forgive someone against their will

There were sins only to the Jews like a tax collector but John the Baptist showed them how to do it rightly.
I guess here you're talking about social morays and national laws.??

I can’t see there is anything good in constantly stealing loaves of bread except to get strong and get a job.
I guess - as you say - we cant see anything good ...
Thats true, we should always remember to try to see peoples position before dishing out punishments

They crucified thieves in Jesus time. Are you up for that? There are still consequences to what we do.
So glad we have moved away from that time.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question immediately brings to mind a verse from the Psalms. I like how it's translated in the NLT for this thread:

For He knows how weak we are, he remembers that we are only dust. (Psalm 103:14)

Human justice recognizes mitigating circumstances and shows mercy, and God excels human beings in matters of mercy and justice. So in answer to your question, God is not a merciless and condemning judge.

Upvote 0