Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Milk doesn't cause cancer, but a diet rich in saturated animal fats may tend to increase your chances of getting cancer as will obesity and lack of exercise. Some people can't digest milk, cow's milk, properly, other people can.

Some dairy farmers put nasty antibiotics and growth hormones in their cattle feed which could cause adverse health effects in people.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Now the source did come from a pro-vegan website, so it may be biased.

I've looked into this, and find contradicting research.

So how do we know if milk is good or bad?
Being alive is dangerous to your health. You can expect nothing else from vegan propaganda. God would not have sent His people to a land flowing with milk and honey if milk is bad for you. I've been drinking it since 1951. Not a sign of cancer. I knew someone who gave up dairy. He also gave up his teeth as they suffered from calcium deficiency. He lived until he was 74. Nothing special about that in this day.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Milk doesn't cause cancer, but a diet rich in saturated animal fats may tend to increase your chances of getting cancer as will obesity and lack of exercise. Some people can't digest milk, cow's milk, properly, other people can.

Some dairy farmers put nasty antibiotics and growth hormones in their cattle feed which could cause adverse health effects in people.
Actually hardly any farmers use those growth hormones and antibiotics. Any gallon of milk I've ever had specifically stated the cows were never treated with those things. I imagine in other countries and perhaps some small private dairies with a limited distribution that does happen, but it certainly doesn't seem to go on in the mainstream market, judging by the labels.

Granted I work on a dairy farm so I am also biased, but I love milk. It's one of the most refreshing drinks, in my opinion, and I also love to make hot cocoa in the winter and homemade ice cream in the summer. Oh and cereal, too. Honestly, sometimes I think the cows are treated better than the farm workers... They are definitely not suffering like the media portrays. Even during the manual breeding, the cows are given the best grain and they just stand there eating during the whole thing like it's no big deal. ^_^ And as far as separation from their calves, they end up in the same pen once the calves are older, and they aren't separated immediately to begin with. On the other hand, we workers can hardly touch the cows because apparently we might hurt them! I've been bawled out more than once. And no one really cares if we work ourselves to death just to keep the place going. :scratch: I had to keep working with a scratched cornea once and now I have an ointment I have to put in before bed every night indefinitely because it didn't heal properly, all because I couldn't go to the eye doctor.

So the whole thing about milking being cruel and milk being unhealthy really hits a sore spot for me, because I like milk, my family has always been very healthy (Guess what? We really haven't had any broken bones. Or cavities for that matter.) and the farm is anything but cruel and I feel like my job is more difficult because the farmers are overcompensating to keep the cows perfectly content.

Oh, to answer your question... Milk is probably one of the most studied foods/drinks out there. If it caused cancer someone would have made that known a long time ago. But the reality is that those who do consume dairy regularly, apart from those who have a legitimate intolerance, are usually as healthy as anyone else. Many, many generations have been drinking cow milk and it has no correlation to the rise or fall of cancer rates across time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're right - I think they have stopped the BGH some time ago. I was just trying to think of what could be bad about milk.

I'm also a long time milk-drinker. And I really love Greek yogurt (with fresh blueberries).

I had a scratched cornea once - that hurt so much, but no infection and it healed on its own without incident. I remember the refrigerator light being excruciating.

Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can destroy whatever bad is inside your milk by boiling it.
No, pasteurization only destroys certain common pathogens; it doesn't affect the saturated fat at all.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
God would not have sent His people to a land flowing with milk and honey if milk is bad for you.
You do know most of the people in the world don’t have the mutation for lactose tolerance?

It makes them ill.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now the source did come from a pro-vegan website, so it may be biased.

I've looked into this, and find contradicting research.

So how do we know if milk is good or bad?

Some people can’t digest the lactates in milk. Apart from that I doubt if it’s a carcinogen, like you say it’s a vegan site and those vegan YouTube vids and so on can be a bit one-sided. I knew an Italian nutritionalist years ago who used to say it was bad for you when drunk with other foods, as it can inhibit digestion - ? Or something like that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, pasteurization only destroys certain common pathogens; it doesn't affect the saturated fat at all.

Yes, I was referring to the unnatural bad stuff like pathogens. Obviously God provided milk and honey for His people. Moderation is key in all things.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some people can’t digest the lactates in milk. Apart from that I doubt if it’s a carcinogen, like you say it’s a vegan site and those vegan YouTube vids and so on can be a bit one-sided. I knew an Italian nutritionalist years ago who used to say it was bad for you when drunk with other foods, as it can inhibit digestion - ? Or something like that.
That's interesting. I actually heard t he opposite - that milk can help flush toxins out of your body and help your digestion. Who knows? Haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Don't consume dairy products. They are not good for you and especially not good for the animals being exploited, raped and slaughtered.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
I can see that you won't let the facts get in the way of your ridiculous and baseless statements. Milk has been a staple for thousands of years. We've managed just fine so far. God provides meat and fish for food. If you want to reject God's provision, fine. But please don't lie to people about meat and dairy.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can see that you won't let the facts get in the way of your ridiculous and baseless statements. Milk has been a staple for thousands of years. We've managed just fine so far. God provides meat and fish for food. If you want to reject God's provision, fine. But please don't lie to people about meat and dairy.

Facts are why I have changed from being an omni to being a vegan.
Fact is that we who live in modern western country do not require animal products to survive.
Fact is that we can get all required nutrition from plant-based diet.

The people lying are the meat and dairy industry who want you to continue to buy their products. Products, that contain suffering and death from innocent animals.

Educate yourself.

Dominion Movement - Animal rights documentary DOMINION | We Will Rise Together

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Facts are why I have changed from being an omni to being a vegan.
Fact is that we who live in modern western country do not require animal products to survive.
Fact is that we can get all required nutrition from plant-based diet.

The people lying are the meat and dairy industry who want you to continue to buy their products. Products, that contain suffering and death from innocent animals.

Educate yourself.

Dominion Movement - Animal rights documentary DOMINION | We Will Rise Together
Your lie is that animal products are bad for us. Animals kill other animals all the time. They don't sit in a corner and weep over it. How about caring for people? There are billions of people suffering unnecessarily. No, you can't get all you need from plant based diets and vegans know it. You can't get vitamin B12. It has to be synthesised in a laboratory. Or you get it from meat. I know which I prefer. I'm in excellent health, so are my other omnivorous friends. Some of them are around my age, 68. Vegans don't present facts. They try to stir up emotional arguments as if animals are somehow equal or superior to humans. Eat whatever you want, but your propaganda won't work on me.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Animals kill other animals all the time. They don't sit in a corner and weep over it.

Naturalistic fallacy. Animals in nature have to kill out of necessity, carnivores literally cannot survive on plants. We as humans are not carnivores though and nowadays can survive on a plant-based diet alone.

Both the British Dietetic Association and the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recognise that a plant-based diet is suitable for all stages of life.

No, you can't get all you need from plant based diets and vegans know it. You can't get vitamin B12. It has to be synthesised in a laboratory.

That's literally how omnis get their B12 too. Animals have to receive supplements of B12 as their food does not contain enough B12 itself

We just skip the part of eating the animal that is supplemented with B12, and just go straight to the B12.

Vegans don't present facts. They try to stir up emotional arguments as if animals are somehow equal or superior to humans. Eat whatever you want, but your propaganda won't work on me.

Facts is all we have my friend.
Facts like animal agriculture being one of the leading causes of climate change.
Facts like animal agriculture being the leading cause of the deforestation of the Amazon.

Maybe it's time to think about the impact your dietary choices have on the planet and other sentient creatures who feel pain and suffering just like you do.

Are your taste buds more imporant than the life of an animal?

This isn't propaganda. This is just stating facts. If these facts make you uncomfortable than maybe there is something for you to think about.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Naturalistic fallacy. Animals in nature have to kill out of necessity, carnivores literally cannot survive on plants. We as humans are not carnivores though and nowadays can survive on a plant-based diet alone.

Both the British Dietetic Association and the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recognise that a plant-based diet is suitable for all stages of life.

That's literally how omnis get their B12 too. Animals have to receive supplements of B12 as their food does not contain enough B12 itself

We just skip the part of eating the animal that is supplemented with B12, and just go straight to the B12.

Facts is all we have my friend.
Facts like animal agriculture being one of the leading causes of climate change.
Facts like animal agriculture being the leading cause of the deforestation of the Amazon.

Maybe it's time to think about the impact your dietary choices have on the planet and other sentient creatures who feel pain and suffering just like you do.

Are your taste buds more imporant than the life of an animal?

This isn't propaganda. This is just stating facts. If these facts make you uncomfortable than maybe there is something for you to think about.
I'm not uncomfortable in the slightest. If you want sentient creatures not to suffer then you'd better get rid of the apex predators that cheerfully kill by tearing other animals to pieces. Lions, tigers, sharks, killer whales, yeah, kill them all. Your reasoning is specious.

Upvote 0