Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not uncomfortable in the slightest. If you want sentient creatures not to suffer then you'd better get rid of the apex predators that cheerfully kill by tearing other animals to pieces. Lions, tigers, sharks, killer whales, yeah, kill them all. Your reasoning is specious.

It is quite apparent that you haven't even read my post.

Let me repeat one more time:

Lions, tigers and sharks are carnivores. Their biology makes it a necessity to consume animal flesh to survive, as they cannot fully digest plants. We humans are omnivores, we can digest both meat and plants.

Moreover, we as humans have moral agency. We have a sense of right and wrong, many animals do not but some do. The unnessesary killing of innocent creatures is a moral wrong.

My reasoning is logically sound. In 2020 we humans in most parts of the world do not need to consume animal products anymore to thrive. This is supported by every major health organization.

I repeat: Are your taste buds more important than the life of an animal?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is quite apparent that you haven't even read my post.

Let me repeat one more time:

Lions, tigers and sharks are carnivores. Their biology makes it a necessity to consume animal flesh to survive, as they cannot fully digest plants. We humans are omnivores, we can digest both meat and plants.

Moreover, we as humans have moral agency. We have a sense of right and wrong, many animals do not but some do. The unnessesary killing of innocent creatures is a moral wrong.

My reasoning is logically sound. In 2020 we humans in most parts of the world do not need to consume animal products anymore to thrive. This is supported by every major health organization.

I repeat: Are your taste buds more important than the life of an animal?
My biology is also omnivorous. My teeth are purpose designed as is my metabolism. God gave me permission to eat meat. Every health organisation said that butter is bad for you. Now they admit to being wrong. They said that dairy is bad for you. Now they know they are wrong. Dietary advice is constantly under revision. God's advice has never changed. I'll eat meat as it is my God-given right and I enjoy it. Seriously, what animal has a sense of right and wrong?

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My biology is also omnivorous. My teeth are purpose designed as is my metabolism. God gave me permission to eat meat. Every health organisation said that butter is bad for you. Now they admit to being wrong. They said that dairy is bad for you. Now they know they are wrong. Dietary advice is constantly under revision. God's advice has never changed. I'll eat meat as it is my God-given right and I enjoy it. Seriously, what animal has a sense of right and wrong?

It seems that you're unwilling to consider my point of view. As you're starting with the assumption that the creator of the universe gave you permission to eat animals then nothing I can say will change your mind.

It's unfortunate that you don't feel the need to show compassion to animals.

I will leave you with the humble request to watch Dominion as it shows how your food gets in your fridge. Because if you're unwilling to even watch the process of how your food gets to you, then should you really be eating it?

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It seems that you're unwilling to consider my point of view. As you're starting with the assumption that the creator of the universe gave you permission to eat animals then nothing I can say will change your mind.

It's unfortunate that you don't feel the need to show compassion to animals.

I will leave you with the humble request to watch Dominion as it shows how your food gets in your fridge. Because if you're unwilling to even watch the process of how your food gets to you, then should you really be eating it?

Have a nice day.
I'm still waiting for a list of animals with a conscience. I would seriously consider not eating them.

I realise that you have the best of intentions. I just don't agree with you. However, you may be happy to know that one day all of creation will be restored, and animals and humans alike will be vegetarians at least. If you want to be a part of the wonderful new heavens and new earth, you need to accept Christ as saviour and Lord.

I am 68. I've settled a lot of issues over the years. That includes being vegan or vegetarian. No thanks.....

Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Naturalistic fallacy. Animals in nature have to kill out of necessity, carnivores literally cannot survive on plants.
Baloney. Have you never been around animals? Cats, for instance, kill wantonly, for fun. Run from a predator and he'll hunt you down, hungry or not.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm still waiting for a list of animals with a conscience. I would seriously consider not eating them.
Birds and mammals are capable of cross-species empathy. Fish, reptiles and amphibians are not. We don't know enough about cephalopods to say, but many of them are highly intelligent.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Birds and mammals are capable of cross-species empathy. Fish, reptiles and amphibians are not. We don't know enough about cephalopods to say, but many of them are highly intelligent.
Empathy is not conscience. No one takes a lion to court for killing an impala. And who decides what is empathy? Attributing human characteristics to animals is fine in a Disney cartoon. In real life? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Milk is great.
Cheese is great.
Yogurt is great.
Cream is great.
Butter is great.

I don't drink a lot of straight milk, but I eat lots of cheese and I use lots of butter and cream.

You can tell me all day about how humans are the only creatures that consume the milk of another creature, and I really don't care.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Milk is great.
Cheese is great.
Yogurt is great.
Cream is great.
Butter is great.

I don't drink a lot of straight milk, but I eat lots of cheese and I use lots of butter and cream.

You can tell me all day about how humans are the only creatures that consume the milk of another creature, and I really don't care.
Cheese and crackers :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In a sort of related subject, what is with all the focus on dairy anyway? Wouldn't butchering be worse? All I seem to hear these days is: "Drinking milk is unnatural", "Milking cows is animal cruelty", "Let dairy die." etc, etc.

I seriously doubt many of the activists out there have ever worked on a farm or actually know what a cow is like. Petting one at a fence is not the same as actually having to work with a herd of them. They're not as cute and cuddly as people seem to think. Actually they do some pretty gross stuff sometimes... :sick:

It's all political. Certain politicians know that many farmers are conservative (though that's not as true as you might assume) and I think that's behind the aggression.

Also, for this reason I agree with the electoral college. The concerns of people living in the cities are vastly different than the concerns of those running our farms and making our food. But agriculture is such a necessary part of being an independent nation that it's important those smaller population have an equal voice in the vote. People from the city probably won't be voting with the concerns of farmers in mind, let's be honest. But the downfall of agriculture would affect everyone in a huge way.

The solution to sustainability and animal care is not banning agriculture but gradually moving toward new methods of doing it. Haste makes waste, you know.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Now the source did come from a pro-vegan website, so it may be biased.

I've looked into this, and find contradicting research.

So how do we know if milk is good or bad?

It's perfectly great for calves, I hear! I've eaten cheese and drank milk my whole life----'course, 3 years ago I ended up having colon cancer surgery!

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So God was wrong to send Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey? I'll leave it to you to tell Him.

I’ll get in line behind the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites whos milk and honey He took from them and their hard work and gave to the Hebrews.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now the source did come from a pro-vegan website, so it may be biased.

I've looked into this, and find contradicting research.

So how do we know if milk is good or bad?

Milk is good.
Now you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I’ll get in line behind the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites whos milk and honey He took from them and their hard work and gave to the Hebrews.
Do you know why God told Israel to drive out those tribes? God had ample justification, not that He needs it. God's ways are perfect and just. I'd quit the line of those tribes. They are extinct. I'd get on God's side. Get in the queue for heaven instead.

Israel was a nation of farmers. They had to work the land also.

Upvote 0