Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does she even know why she's in Congress in the first place?
Of course she does. Do any Republicans know why they're in Congress in the first place?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course she does. Do any Republicans know why they're in Congress in the first place?

She thinks she's there to blame Republicans for everything. Republicans think they are there to blame Democrats for everything. The truth is that they are both there to realize that the people are the blame for everything, and they are there to clean up the mess.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She thinks she's there to blame Republicans for everything. Republicans think they are there to blame Democrats for everything. The truth is that they are both there to realize that the people are the blame for everything, and they are there to clean up the mess.
She knows she is there to represent her constituents and the American people in general. The Republicans think they are there to keep money away from the citizens who pay the money in order to funnel it into special big-money interests' funds and projects, basically helping their friends and those who bribe them. She is right to blame them for doing the wrong thing and that is her job. The Republicans are the ones cheating taxpayers and robbing us blind.

Sounds to me like you oppose Trump's request that Congress raise the stimulus to $2k. Why have you turned on Trump? You think he's wrong on this?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If there is one thing I care less about than Trump tweets, its AOC tweets.
Yet here you are posting on a thread about AOC tweets. It's OK that you care.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does she even know why she's in Congress in the first place?
Speaking of "No", isn't she the one who denied Amazon from building a fulfillment center in her district? Didn't that take a lot of money and jobs away? So why should she be taken seriously about her being angry about a $2000 stimulus check when she was more than happy to throw thousands of jobs away?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet here you are posting on a thread about AOC tweets. It's OK that you care.
AOC didn't care about all the Amazon jobs and money she threw away. So why should we care about her feelings about her constituents not getting a $2000 check? Btw...I didn't even read the tweet.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Speaking of "No", isn't she the one who denied Amazon from building a fulfillment center in her district? Didn't that take a lot of money and jobs away? So why should she be taken seriously about her being angry about a $2000 stimulus check when she was more than happy to throw thousands of jobs away?
No, she was incapable of denying Amazon anything. And don't worry, NYC is not hurting for jobs, much less crappy jobs. But where do you hear stories of AOC doing things she's not able to do? Whoever tells you those stories is lying to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AOC didn't care about all the Amazon jobs and money she threw away. So why should we care about her feelings about her constituents not getting a $2000 check? Btw...I didn't even read the tweet.
Please provide proof that AOC "threw away" any jobs or money. (We all know that's a fable but feel free to prove me wrong)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She knows she is there to represent her constituents and the American people in general. The Republicans think they are there to keep money away from the citizens who pay the money in order to funnel it into special big-money interests' funds and projects, basically helping their friends and those who bribe them. She is right to blame them for doing the wrong thing and that is her job. The Republicans are the ones cheating taxpayers and robbing us blind.

Sounds to me like you oppose Trump's request that Congress raise the stimulus to $2k. Why have you turned on Trump? You think he's wrong on this?

I don't have a dog in the stimulus fight as I won't get much if any of it anyway. The more those checks are the better. I will prosper from the resulting inflation down the road, which will be huge. :D

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah ill get a stim check but dont really care personally to be honest. I blew my first stim check on living room furniture. ( a want more than a need of course)
I wish people who need it get the 2k but God has provided for me and i havent struggled all year.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't have a dog in the stimulus fight as I won't get much if any of it anyway. The more those checks are the better. I will prosper from the resulting inflation down the road, which will be huge. :D
So your only concern is yourself when it comes to the stimulus checks, right?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, she was incapable of denying Amazon anything. And don't worry, NYC is not hurting for jobs, much less crappy jobs. But where do you hear stories of AOC doing things she's not able to do? Whoever tells you those stories is lying to you.
Okay, perhaps "denied" was not the appropriate word to describe her actively working to prevent amazon from bringing jobs to her district.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, perhaps "denied" was not the appropriate word to describe her actively working to prevent amazon from bringing jobs to her district.
"Perhaps"? Huh? Which liars are telling you such things? FACT: Nobody denied amazon anything. End of story.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm definitely in America, the most American part of it in fact. I know what "perhaps" means which is why I questioned your use of the word, as it doesn't apply the way you used it.
I just figured that someone who had such a strong opinion about something they are completely ignorant about must either be foreign, or has abandoned reality to believe their ideology. The fact that you have already convinced yourself that AOC working to prevent amazon jobs in her district is a "lie" before any evidence was presented proves that it is a waste of time discussing this further. I am willing to guess that you have already googled this topic and discovered that it is true. AOC absolutely worked to keep amazon out of her district at the cost of thousands of jobs. But you will never admit it, at least not to me on this forum, because your ideology is preventing you.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So your only concern is yourself when it comes to the stimulus checks, right?

I actually don't think that much about it as it doesn't concern me directly.

Upvote 0