City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America 2019, where putting children in concentration camps is not cause for moral outrage and revulsion, but the rhetoric of calling death camps 'concentration camps' is worthy of pearl clutching and faux outrage.

We definitely have a lot to celebrate come July Fourth.... /sarcasm
Ringo

Pretending someone is wrangling over a word is being dishonest and using that to belittle a person while trying to make yourself appear as if you hold some sort of virtuous high ground. When in reality she used it (and the others associated with the same) in an attempt to shock people into imagining the worst (having to do with the intentional murder of people). And she did not do that by dropping a single word (one anyone is contending with) she did it by dropping in the others (as was pointed out) associated with the same. So death camps which are associated with the intentional malicious extermination of the Jews. Thankfully most people know shes nuts.

But at least she walked back the fascism (Nazi Germany) implied thing. Which appears to show even she felt she screwed up there (while her fan club won't walk back the same.)

And this is all I have to say on the matter so continue on without me.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretending someone is wrangling over a word is being dishonest and using that to belittle a person while trying to make yourself appear as if you hold some sort of virtuous high ground. When in reality she used it (and the others associated with the same) in an attempt to shock people into imagining the worst (having to do with the intentional murder of people). And she did not do that by dropping a single word (one anyone is contending with) she did it by dropping in the others (as was pointed out) associated with the same. So death camps which are associated with the intentional malicious extermination of the Jews. Thankfully most people know shes nuts.

But at least she walked back the fascism (Nazi Germany) implied thing. Which appears to show even she felt she screwed up there (while her fan club won't walk back the same.)

And this is all I have to say on the matter so continue on without me.

If you're defending the use of concentration camps and whining over the language someone used, then yeah....I think I do hold some "virtuous high ground". I'm not the one being pedantic about language in an attempt to defend the indefensible.

AOC was right. You're wrong. I don't see it as any more complicated than that. Period.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is no need to mind read when out of the overflow of her heart her mouth has spoken. She meant for people to connect those dots using her deliberate choice of words ("Concentration camps", "Never again" and Fascism). You don't have to read minds when someone lays it all out there on something like this.

So let me make sure I have your argument straight.

The issue here is not that the administration was sending kids to camps in poor conditions. The issue is that AOC deliberately tied these camps to the holocaust by using the words "Concentration camps", "Never again" and Fascism?

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Closed permanently. Multiple flaming and goading violations.
MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.