Southeast Ohio
✟566,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
It finally happened. We ran out of competent pianists (they were all sick) and I had to sit down at the organ and draw on the piano instruction my mother gave me many years ago. I never learned to play the bass line. But all of the hymns in the bulletin were simple and I could play the melodies.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,465.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Singing is only just coming back here. Yesterday we were allowed to sing (outside) for the first time in months. From today we are allowed to sing (up to 50 people) inside. But we have basically eliminated the virus here.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟610,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
RingOutWildBells.png

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,465.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Having just done three funerals in the last two weeks, I'm grateful to be looking forward to a quiet January.

And it gives me a bit of time to do some strategic work and planning, and start tackling some of the things in the parish that desperately need work. (Like, since all our kids' stuff stopped over Covid shutdown and hasn't started again, what we want to do for kids!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
We would typically schedule midweek Evensong with a communal supper all through Lent. I don't see it getting any support this year.

I'm wondering how people will react to the imposition of ashes. Because you have to actually touch someone to give them the ashes.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...I'm wondering how people will react to the imposition of ashes. Because you have to actually touch someone to give them the ashes.

We are streaming the liturgy followed by drive-through in the parking lot for the imposition of ashes. Our Rector said folks will be given a choice of ashes on the forehead per usual, or sprinkling of ashes on the head which he says has some historical precedent.

I have never heard of the latter. Can any of you clergy shed light on that?

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟610,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We are streaming the liturgy followed by drive-through in the parking lot for the imposition of ashes. Our Rector said folks will be given a choice of ashes on the forehead per usual, or sprinkling of ashes on the head which he says has some historical precedent.

Sprinkling is the episcopal preference and guidance in our Diocese.

• Useful
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,971.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Ashes on the forehead is apparently an English thing. Outside of the English speaking world, sprinkling of ashes is still a thing.

• Useful
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0