Hyde Park, New York
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow, fishing is my favorite thing to do aside from cooking. We have this sizable pond at the school I go to and I fish there almost everyday for primarily bass, but they also have carp. My biggest catch there was about 6.5 pounds. I really want to go on a fishing trip and maybe will in march or early October before I extern for for months.
My favorite bait is power worms, and I like to use i believe eagle claw hooks and weights. I currently have two fishing poles 8-12# test and a 2-4# test. I've caught quite a few on both.

God I want to go fishing right now, I'm so excited I found this thread.

Gregory

Upvote 0

fwiwwl

SINNER
Nov 7, 2005
✟1,258.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh wow, fishing is my favorite thing to do aside from cooking. We have this sizable pond at the school I go to and I fish there almost everyday for primarily bass, but they also have carp. My biggest catch there was about 6.5 pounds. I really want to go on a fishing trip and maybe will in march or early October before I extern for for months.
My favorite bait is power worms, and I like to use i believe eagle claw hooks and weights. I currently have two fishing poles 8-12# test and a 2-4# test. I've caught quite a few on both.

God I want to go fishing right now, I'm so excited I found this thread.

Gregory

St. Helena! What a beautiful place!! Carp?? Is there anyway to make carp palatable?? What about the bones? My most favorite fish in the whole-wide world is surf smelt! You catch them with a net and thousands at a time. Never seen a restaurant serve them. Don,t know why! Indians showedme how to bone them ......made all the difference![FONT=&quot]
1.gif
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servantsheart4God

aka 1blesdwife. plz find me there!
Jul 25, 2006
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't fished that much but when I was up in alaska there was alot of good places to fish so I took the opp to do so. I fished for 3 days straight and caught nothing but sticks. I did have 2 good bites but they got away.

I think there's a "fishing law" that states you have to catch an interesting amount of objects from the water before becoming really good and actually catching fish :p.

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think there's a "fishing law" that states you have to catch an interesting amount of objects from the water before becoming really good and actually catching fish :p.

Two weeks ago a buddy of mine was spinning for trout and landed a $650 Winston fly rod!! Somebody must have overturned their boat in the river and lost it, and my buddy snagged it.

Upvote 0

servantsheart4God

aka 1blesdwife. plz find me there!
Jul 25, 2006
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two weeks ago a buddy of mine was spinning for trout and landed a $650 Winston fly rod!! Somebody must have overturned their boat in the river and lost it, and my buddy snagged it.

oh my! watch a "catch"!!

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
St. Helena! What a beautiful place!! Carp?? Is there anyway to make carp palatable?? What about the bones? My most favorite fish in the whole-wide world is surf smelt! You catch them with a net and thousands at a time. Never seen a restaurant serve them. Don,t know why! Indians showedme how to bone them ......made all the difference![FONT=&quot]
1.gif
[/FONT]

A friend of mine fishes for carp and he bones them and makes fried carp nuggets. Good stuff!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.