Anyone an avid fisher person?

sarasarabobara

Sep 10, 2005
✟8,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
love it...there's something about being in a boat or raft for hours on end, that's so therapeutic. It always helps to catch something, but even if I don't, I love being outside. The question I have is do you all gut the fish you catch or do you let somone else do it for ya? :)

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
inHisgripkim said:
I grew up in a family of five children. Dad put a fishing rod in our hands at a very young age. We all grew up to love fishing (deep sea and fresh water). As a kid, I used to pray that I had fishing dreams. They were the best. Born to fish, Kim:clap:
Wow, a girl after my own heart. :D

Yeah, I love to fish, it's one of my favorite things in the world. I haven't been deep-sea fishing yet, but I do go fishing off of piers and inlets, as well as fresh-water and fly-fishing. I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to bank fishing, though. But by far, my favorite is ice-fishing! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunnyD

Senior Veteran
Mar 17, 2006
✟20,974.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How did I miss out on this post? :confused: I Love to go fishing, I live about a mile from the lake and my kids and I fish at least 2 to 3 times a week.

I hang out in BE and I have guessing games about how many fish we catch after we have gone. They are starting to tease me about how much I fish. But hey I work 2 jobs and I am a single mom with 2 teens still at home. I have to relax in some way and have some fun.

I catch them, clean them, cook them and eat them. I love it all! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
SunnyD said:
How did I miss out on this post? :confused: I Love to go fishing, I live about a mile from the lake and my kids and I fish at least 2 to 3 times a week.

I hang out in BE and I have guessing games about how many fish we catch after we have gone. They are starting to tease me about how much I fish. But hey I work 2 jobs and I am a single mom with 2 teens still at home. I have to relax in some way and have some fun.

I catch them, clean them, cook them and eat them. I love it all! :thumbsup:

Hey Sunny: what species are in that lake??:wave:

Upvote 0

servantsheart4God

aka 1blesdwife. plz find me there!
Jul 25, 2006
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
<Avid fisherman. I loove to fish. It's always been said that a bad day on the water is better than any good day at work. :)

I'd have to agree with that notion

I've got fishing in my blood and heart, but don't go as often as I'd like to. I'd go every weekend to any and all the lakes here in Arizona. Some I haven't been to but the one's that I used to fish often were the best.

I like catching catfish, but bass is my type of fish. And having a fish-fry with bass....ohmygosh :yum: :yum: :yum: .

I haven't tried any other "bigtime" fish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I'm a fellow avid fisherman. My parents own a place on a lake, so we go there every other weekend (except through the winter). That particular lake is famous for its stocked muskie. It also has some good bass fishing (largemouth, spotted, and whites) and notoriously large channel catfish. We've caught some good fish out of that lake, although it's usually catch-and-release.

We also have a river not far from our house that, from what I've heard, is a mere trickle to what it used to be. Farmers have cut down trees around the river banks, and as a result the river has eroded and filled in. Agricultural runoff has polluted the river as well. My father has taken me to holes that were once over 8-10 feet deep that now come up to your knees. He's shown me shoals almost neck deep at one time that would barely cover your ankles now. As a result, the massive flathead catfish and super-fighter smallmouth are almost extinct, although there are a few holes you can go to and duke it out with a respectable brownie.

Upvote 0

servantsheart4God

aka 1blesdwife. plz find me there!
Jul 25, 2006
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I'm a fellow avid fisherman. My parents own a place on a lake, so we go there every other weekend (except through the winter). That particular lake is famous for its stocked muskie. It also has some good bass fishing (largemouth, spotted, and whites) and notoriously large channel catfish. We've caught some good fish out of that lake, although it's usually catch-and-release.

We also have a river not far from our house that, from what I've heard, is a mere trickle to what it used to be. Farmers have cut down trees around the river banks, and as a result the river has eroded and filled in. Agricultural runoff has polluted the river as well. My father has taken me to holes that were once over 8-10 feet deep that now come up to your knees. He's shown me shoals almost neck deep at one time that would barely cover your ankles now. As a result, the massive flathead catfish and super-fighter smallmouth are almost extinct, although there are a few holes you can go to and duke it out with a respectable brownie.

That's so awesome. I'm going to have to make plans to go up north when it get's cooler down here. But that's terrible! That's really too bad. I take it it wasn't a man-made lake?...

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat

that is so cool!! I'm from Kentucky and I was raised catching those cats!! I'd live to share dough ball recipes or chum techniques!! (they might not be pretty!!)

Upvote 0

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
servantsheart4God/ said:
That's so awesome. I'm going to have to make plans to go up north when it get's cooler down here. But that's terrible! That's really too bad. I take it it wasn't a man-made lake?...

The lake is a man-made flood-control lake for the other lakes on that river that have hydroelectric dams. The river is all-natural, though.

Prontius said:
that is so cool!! I'm from Kentucky and I was raised catching those cats!! I'd live to share dough ball recipes or chum techniques!! (they might not be pretty!!)

What's the biggest cat you've ever caught? And what exactly is chum? I've heard the term before, but I'm not really sure what it is.

Upvote 0