Oregon
✟12,914.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to be an avid fisherman. I would be the first one up and the last one to leave. I would fish every chance I got. I can't do that anymore. I have 3 herniated disc's in my lower back and my hands go numb so I can't hold the pole or reel the line in anymore. I miss it so.:cry:

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love fishing. Mainly salt water, but do some fresh water bass fishing also.
Took many all-day trips to the Coronado Islands. Lot of bay fishing in the San Diego Bay. Surf fishing years back on Mission Beach. Half day boats to Pt. Loma for the kelp bass. Missssssssssssss it sooooooo much. My greates love is fishing.

Upvote 0

servantsheart4God

aka 1blesdwife. plz find me there!
Jul 25, 2006
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I soooo would like to go fishing!!! I don't really have any big lake's in my area. Just very large pond's (man-made), but that's not the same because I fish to eat them, not just for the sport of it, eventhough I LOVE that part too! ;)

In many areas, we have a limit and size and that's not any fun. We have a catch and release policy. And you can't catch any after a certain time in the evening.

I just haven't done that in a good while...:sigh:.

Upvote 0

jhsmo

Apr 25, 2007
✟7,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I grew up fishing at a young age. I try to get out about 2 times a week. I have a boat but gas is so expensive that I just bank fish right now. I havent been bass fishing in 2 years and I went today with a friend of mine for about 2 hours. I was so excited, I caught 1 fish and he was 15 1/2 inches (which is a keeper). I was jumping all over the place. I couldnt believe that is has been 2 years and I walk away with a keeper. I am going trout fishing for the first time ever for a week at the end of this month, any tips?

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:cry:
I grew up fishing at a young age. I try to get out about 2 times a week. I have a boat but gas is so expensive that I just bank fish right now. I havent been bass fishing in 2 years and I went today with a friend of mine for about 2 hours. I was so excited, I caught 1 fish and he was 15 1/2 inches (which is a keeper). I was jumping all over the place. I couldnt believe that is has been 2 years and I walk away with a keeper. I am going trout fishing for the first time ever for a week at the end of this month, any tips?

I am so envious.

It has been awhile since I went fishing. It's been way to long. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was a youngster, I would pray that I would have fishing dreams.

Miss the fish.:cry:

Upvote 0
A

Alaskamomma

Living in Alaska... one has to be a fisher person!!! ;-) I am going on a solo camping trip next weekend where I am in hopes of catching some steelhead's. Then of course when June gets here the salmon runs start. I have company coming up at the latter part of June and I will be their guide for a week. We are even going on a charter to catch some halibut. Woohoo!!!

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Living in Alaska... one has to be a fisher person!!! ;-) I am going on a solo camping trip next weekend where I am in hopes of catching some steelhead's. Then of course when June gets here the salmon runs start. I have company coming up at the latter part of June and I will be their guide for a week. We are even going on a charter to catch some halibut. Woohoo!!!

You are so blessed to live near the cold water. My cousin and his family used to live in Alaska. He has filmed so many salmon adventures that just makes one want to swoooooon with joy. My oldest brother and wife have plans to move to Alaska after the last child leaves the nest. If he does, you can rest assured that I will be there on their door steps with rod and reel in hand.:clap:

God bless you, Alaska, and His beautiful salmon. Omega 3 power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lokt

Apr 29, 2007
✟15,603.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
What??!! Nobody mentioned walleye??!! Must be a sign of the times! lol
Ain't nothin' like goin' out on Lake Erie trollin' cranks/spoons for walleyes. Erie is the walleye capital of the world. Lots of 6, 8, 10 lb'ers. Great eatin' too.
Might have to head out 6-8 miles, (don't forget the Dramamine, lol), but once your on fish, well that sonar just lights up.
Start trollin', crank 'em in. A real blast.
I've fished for and caught most every freshwater fish that swims, but there's somethin' about a walleye...

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now I'm really envious. Not much water here in the desert. I have to do some driving to get to water. Closest place is the Catalina Mountains. Takes a good hike in before we get to some good pools. Used to be german brown in the waters, but since the huge forest fire we had years back, I suspect the creek has been restocked (revived) with rainbow. Ash from the fire wiped out the fish population. Took some time for mother nature to clean the ash out of the mountain creek.

I like to get over to the CA coast and do some deep sea fishing. Love deep sea fishing with a passion.:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Now I'm really envious. Not much water here in the desert. I have to do some driving to get to water. Closest place is the Catalina Mountains. Takes a good hike in before we get to some good pools. Used to be german brown in the waters, but since the huge forest fire we had years back, I suspect the creek has been restocked (revived) with rainbow. Ash from the fire wiped out the fish population. Took some time for mother nature to clean the ash out of the mountain creek.

I like to get over to the CA coast and do some deep sea fishing. Love deep sea fishing with a passion.:clap:

if you ever get to the central coast area - Morro Bay/Avila Beach/San Simeon, PM me and I can suggest where to go and what party boats to go out on. Dont live down there anymore but when I was stationed in that area, I did a lot of charter boat fishing. favorite boat was out of San Simeon, just below Heasrt Castle.

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if you ever get to the central coast area - Morro Bay/Avila Beach/San Simeon, PM me and I can suggest where to go and what party boats to go out on. Dont live down there anymore but when I was stationed in that area, I did a lot of charter boat fishing. favorite boat was out of San Simeon, just below Heasrt Castle.

Why thank you Justanoberver! I will keep that under my fishing hats!:D I am wondering if you passed on your love of fishing to your children. Dad passed on the love to all five of us (two boys, three girls). We all had rods in our hands by the time we were three years old.!

Do you still go on fishing adventures with your children?

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Why thank you Justanoberver! I will keep that under my fishing hats!:D I am wondering if you passed on your love of fishing to your children. Dad passed on the love to all five of us (two boys, three girls). We all had rods in our hands by the time we were three years old.!

Do you still go on fishing adventures with your children?

its been quite a while since I took any of my 4 kdis fishing. the 2 oldest (over 20) live up north and the 2 youngers (mid teens) live down south - I live about an hour east of San Fransisco.

When they was smaller and I lived (was stationed) close by, we went most every weekend on the lakes on base and off base.

its been quite a few years now.

Upvote 0