Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just getting started with knitting. I got the first row of stitches down, but I keep messing up on the second one. I hope I get the hang of it soon because I really want to make something with the pretty green yarn I bought. :bigeye:

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ohhhhh, I just discovered how perfect infinity scarves are!

I wear scarves to Church, and I've always avoided the infinity ones as I wasn't sure how I would wear it. I needed a white scarf though, and I saw a white infinity scarf and bought it ... now I want to give up all the others and only wear those!

Though I'd need to use a light yarn and an open stitch pattern (if that's the right way to say that) if I planned to wear it in Church. My other is a very blousy, light muslin-type fabric.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I started and I'm hooked, can't stop. I made a rainbow infinity scarf and right now I'm working on a blanket! I find it very relaxing, actually once a month I get together with some girls from my youth group and knit, talk and eat

pure4you2:

Well there are some nice things to get hooked on! a group within a church that does knitting or sewing can be a great occupation and time for fellowship and can be very useful for the intended recipients. (I know you're more or less hooken on tattoos as well, right? but this thread is about knitting. My grandmother used to do a lot of knitting, I remember, years ago.)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not hooked on tattoos, I just want a couple that mean something to me and are special to me!
Well, you seem to know what you want as an adult now, as regards your being inked. Knitting is a great activity also! :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I started I only thought there was only one pattern. I kinda want to try finger knitting. It turn into an infinity scarf but you make it with your fingers!

That sounds cool! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am a knitter! I have been knitting for almost two years now!

Anyone arm knit?

A belated welcome to the world of knitting! What have you knit so far? Do you have a favourite kind of project?

No, I haven't tried arm knitting - do you do it? It has been discussed in other knitting forums I belong to, but does not appear to be very popular - what happens when you need to put your knitting down?

Happy knitting!

Gillian

Upvote 0