Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually I'm into lots of things. I'd like to use it to keep all my crafting stuff and books, and some of the things I made that really don't "go" in the house. Completely different world in there. If I ever get it.

My husband is in the process of moving my yarn into the attic. Not sure how I feel about that. But it's dry up there, and just about all my yarn is sealed in plastic, then packed in boxes.

Really though, I need to find new ways to use it, or else an outlet to sell it or give it away. I used to specialize in "fibers" of many types, so they tend to be more unusual yarns, so more suitable for crafting than knitting. And in too small of quantities, most of them, for major knitting projects.

I'm thinking of getting into some more "fiber arts" ... I've seen really cool things done on large canvases. Though .... what I'd do with them when completed, I have no idea, LOL.

Not sure how I would feel about it either - it would depend on how accessible your attic is.

Have you seen this site?

Mielke's Fiber Arts, LLC

Gillian

Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not sure how I would feel about it either - it would depend on how accessible your attic is.

Have you seen this site?

Mielke's Fiber Arts, LLC

Gillian

This is in the States, right? (not Northern Ireland).

Did you ever go to the Linen Museum in Lisburn, Co. Antrim, btw? :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I knit...just blankets really. But I haven't picked up my knitting needles in a long time. I started to work on a baby blanket for my niece before she was born. Then I got into grad school and ran out of time for knitting...and now my niece is just over two years old. I'm thinking of making 2 similar size blankets and then binding them together, hopefully before her 3rd birthday!

A blanket is a lovely thing to knit - especially for a baby. Joining two small blankets together sounds like a good idea.

Gillian

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is in the States, right? (not Northern Ireland).

Did you ever go to the Linen Museum in Lisburn, Co. Antrim, btw? :)

Mielke Fiber Arts is a website based in Wisconsin. It covers a large variety of crafts and is quite fascinating.

No, I haven't been to the Linen Museum. I have passed it many times on my way to other places, but have yet to make a point of visiting it.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I'm new and a knitter. So happy to find other knitters!

Hi, Welcome to CF!!!

This thread doesn't get too much traffic, but I'm happy to welcome you, and glad you are here. :) God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Me! I knit. I usually invent most of my own patterns. I'm a math major... it's not THAT hard.

It should be easy for a math major. It must be handy to have your own patterns and not have to go looking for them when you want to knit something.

Gillian

Upvote 0