Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I love knitting and haven't done it in a while now either.
Just yesterday while wearing my Irish Knit hooded pullover (I made eons ago), I thought I might like to do up an Irish Knit cardigan sometime soon :idea:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi :wave:

Just google 'youtube how to knit' &/or search youtube itself.
My google search came up with these links, so it seems there are a lot of tutorials out there :)

Included are pics of my 2 Irish Knit sweaters (made years ago); one is hooded with a top button and pockets.

I really should do a cardigan; it has been years but should all come back to me :idea:

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I knit too. I'm currently working on a shrug...just need to sew up the sleeves and hem.
I had several years away from knitting and a shrug was the first thing I knit on my return. When I had finished knitting it, I couldn't figure out for a while how to put it on lol.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Eirlysa

saved by grace through faith working in love
Apr 7, 2010
England, United Kingdom
✟7,784.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ooh, I love knitting too. It's really quite therapeutic when one gets into the rhythm. :D I haven't made anything particularly earth-shattering as of yet :)sorry:) but I plan to learn how to do knitted bags soon.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I love knitting and haven't done it in a while now either.
Just yesterday while wearing my Irish Knit hooded pullover (I made eons ago), I thought I might like to do up an Irish Knit cardigan sometime soon :idea:
Let us know how you get on! I have been working on and off on the same cardi for several years. I must try and get it finished this summer.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I need to learn. I know how to crochet but I believe its time to add a new skill to my crafty belt. Does anyone know where I can find some beginner tutorials? I like to follow video tutorials. It's easier for me to follow.
knittinghelp.com has some helpful videos.

Gillian

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Let us know how you get on! I have been working on and off on the same cardi for several years. I must try and get it finished this summer.

Gillian

Yeah, I will....I get psyched and then lose interest :sorry:
One of these days I will pick up the needles again :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sailor Kenshin

More coffee!
May 14, 2012
Visit site
✟7,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm an avid sock-knitter, though my first pair took me six months to complete and each sock was a totally different size, lol. Then I laboriously invented a couple of ways to knit socks in pieces on straight needles, now I'm busy learning toe-up method.

I have a sock-and-fountain-pen blog. Because naturally the two go together.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have never made socks (just crocheted sock slippers).
Do you make them from wool yarns or acrylic?
Perhaps when your post count is up, you can post pics of your creations?
Welcome to CF ~ Enjoy the forums! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A long time ago I knit a pair of socks on dpns for a Girl Guide badge. I don't believe I ever wore them, but I haven't knit a pair since. My daughter gave me a sock-knitting kit for Christmas 2010 and I am still winding the skeins into balls lol. I don't wear socks myself and I think that is the reason why I'm not in any rush to knit any. I'd like to try knitting a pair on 2 straight needles sometime. Kelly Klem the knitting designer has patterns for socks done tubular style, which is different again.

Hi tjg, welcome to the forum! So glad you enjoy knitting. School does get in the way of it a bit, doesn't it? I used to do most of my knitting in the school holidays.

Gillian

Upvote 0

ebd

Jun 24, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟16,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Have you completed your shrug yet, ebd? My purple cardi is still otn.

Gillian

Hi! It's been a while since I've peeked into this particular thread. I've completed the shrug but have to figure out how to post a picture onto this site...I haven't done that before. I'll try to get it up soon.

Upvote 0