Any Hunters?

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
Does anybody else out there love to hunt? I will hunt just about anything in season but my favorites would include, doves, rabbits, and especially waterfowl. Spending an icy morning on the water waiting for the birds to fly and seeing creation wake up around me is about as close to heaven as it gets for me.

Fawkes

It's All Good
May 4, 2004
Renton, WA
✟179.00
Faith
Catholic
I love to turkey hunt, and have been getting into the upland birds, especially pheasant.

I'm also an NRA Certified Instructor, so I get to help teach people not to shoot themselves or others while in the woods. I am also certified in Home Firearm Safety, Basic Pistol, and Personal Protection. I know that I'm getting way off topic, but I also really enjoy action pistol shooting competition, such as the IDPA and IPSC.

Upvote 0

HunterJon

May 4, 2004
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
I have done a good bit of deer hunting with both my 50 cal. muzzleloader and my .30-06 and it can be a blast. When that buck steps out in front of you, your heart feels like it's gonna rip right through your chest. I have never done much organized target shooting, but I do enjoy trap shooting whenever I get the chance to go. Fawkes, that is awesome that your certified in all of those disciplines. Someday I would like to get NRA certification in some of those fields. On the practical shooting note, I have always been interested in IPSC 3 gun. I do not own a handgun though, although I really enjoy shooting them. I have shot and handled several handguns with my favorite probably being my friends .454 Casull Super Redhawk. That thing will reach out and touch a deer.

Upvote 0

HunterJon

May 4, 2004
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
HiredGoon,
At the moment I have a .50 Knight in-line, but I've been meaning to get into more traditional muzzleloading. As I said earlier I'm an avid waterfowler, and I would love to get my hands on a percusion or flintlock fowler or possibly a decent percussion 10 gauge double. Do you hunt with the fusil you built? That sounds like it could be just the ticket as an upland or bunny gun.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerTtE

Liveing for Christ
Apr 24, 2004
Oregon
✟7,762.00
Faith
Christian
Oh man I love hunting. I have got 3 out of 4 deer that I have gone for. i have gone bear but havent got one yet. im probably going elk hunting this year and when im not hunting those i hunt rabbits and sage rats in eastern Oregon. i most do my hunting in eastern Oregon because its wide open and i hate hunting in thick forests around where i live in the valley. but i would do anything to spend a day out in the wilderness just me and the wild animals and my gun!!!

Upvote 0

AlaskanDan

AlaskanDan
Apr 1, 2004
Anchorage, AK
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hunting is such a blast, though most of the time for me it is just using a .22 or a 12-.410 guage shotgun. But when fall comes around, there is moose and bear up here in alaska to hunt:) I love it! Me and my dad usually use a 7mm Mag, a 30-06, or a little .300 savage. The 7mm definately makes for those long shots though, but the .300 is just a little more fun for me.

Upvote 0